Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Having just watched the QPR game on tele...

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Back to T.C.E.'s post (whch really made me laugh) should we have a Charlton Life naughty step? Off you go, Oohaah!

Knowing oohaah, you'd go to get him and find he's sold the naughty step for a stonking great profit..... :-)
  • Options
    If Marcus Bent was actually any good for us then I couldnt give a monkeys how many bottles of Bolly he necks in Movida every night.

But he wasnt, so give me a trier like Varney or McLeod, on probably a third of the wages any day.

Just cos Bent has scored a couple of nice goals for Wigan (just like he does at every new club he joins) doesnt make up for the fact he probably earnt six figures whilst with Charlton and was generally shit.
  • Options
    Wasn't getting at a scoring record either.
    Just the ball in to the strikers when about 30 yards out... Why not into feet or control it if your unchallenged.

We needed a link up player or a plan B. Only zz was trying into feet in the end.

It was about 15 wasted passes... It was as much a poor tactic as so much Ilewumo's fault really.
  • Options
    forgive me Father AFKA for i have sinned , 3 Hail Mary's and one Our Father should be enough ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: fazza[/cite]We needed a link up player or a plan B. .

IMO, that's what Todorov was meant to be
  • Options
    well maybe we now need a plan c
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]well maybe we now need a planc
    we already have a planc or two in the team
    oh shit another negative post;-)
  • Options
    stop it or i will dredge up a positive post from you.
  • Options
    You must have a lot of time on your hands, TK!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]stop it or i will dredge up a positive post from you.

Threadkiller ......great user name! LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting post from last year!

mentions Iwelumo and our opinions. It makes interesting reading when discussing Gray and Iwelumo now and comparing their abilities.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Well done Suzi

It simply highlights the fact that our players don't get used to their strengths. Or they are but the other players haven't a clue what those strengths are!
  • Options
    I liked the "play it along the floor not so it smacks him in the forehead" comment
  • Options
    Big Chris scored both goals last night with his feet.

Pardew though just told them to lump it aimlessly to him so it came down with snow on it or perhaps he failed to tell them not to lump it in the air.

He was still good enough to get 10 goals from open play even being misused as he was.

That 3-2 sheffield wednesday game showed him at his best yet Pardew didn't learn from it.

Water under the bridge now of course re Big Chris but I hope Parky tries to play to feet. We lack muscle but can play a bit of football.
  • Options
    but shouldn't the same way of playing be used for gray?
  • Options
    That's one of Gray's strengths, playing to feet - rather than expect him to play like some aerial colossus.

I don't understand when we don't play to players strengths.

Every other club does.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]but shouldn't the same way of playing be used for gray?[/quote]

yep said as much last night give it to his feet unfortunately we didn't.
  • Options
    Another reason for playing to feet is the type of centre half in this division.

Most of them will clear balls with their heads all day long but they are not mobile so an attacker with good movement who pulls them about will either wreak havoc himself or open it up for others coming through from midfield. Centre halves outside of the Prem don't like playing on the ground.

Take Saturday as an example. When Hameur ran at them in the second half the Sheff Utd defence was at sixes and sevens and that was in a game we got stuffed.

I'm convinced that if we play to feet we will create more chances than we do.