Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nintendo Wii

Comments

• Options
    £134 over here - how come they are so expensive in the UK? Why do we get ripped off so much??

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10094887&catid=24713
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]you might want to check dixons.co.uk as I have just got an email saying they are in stock

I got that too, by the time I had to register and go to the bloody check out, they were gon. 5 minutes!!
  • Options
    try oaksters link

even with shipping it will be cheaper. just need to get hold of power lead - they might sell them as well
  • Options
    LOL...It's sold out over there aswell.....
  • Options
    i have a old commodore 64 hillsys?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i have a old commodore 64 hillsys?

Cheers Nolly....I'll swap my ZX Spectrum for it
  • Options
    whatever!never swap it for a spectrum.
  • Options
    struggling to get games for it sadly these days.
  • Options
    try ebay
  • Options
    cheers,cant beat the GRAPHICS
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had one turn up at my house 3 weeks ago,it was addressed to my daughter.Me and the missus didn't buy it for her,and asked both grand parents who didn't buy it for her,she is 10 years old.After ringing the courier company (my daughter was at school) they said they would check with the people they had delivered it for and let us know.They rang back and said she had won it in a competition.When we quizzed her she had entered a top of the pops magazine competion and scopped one of 2 prizes.What a result we had been saving for one for christmas for the 3 kids to share.Hope you have some luck Hillsy they are wicked.
  • Options
    Don't get a Canadian wii... it might work but Nintendo are sticklers for Region coding so UK games won't work in a Canadian Wii and vice versa.
  • Options
    is Fifa 2008 any good on this machine?
  • Options
    Just got one from Curry's online!! Yippeeeeeeee!!
  • Options
    It is Oakster. Not great graphics, compared to a computer, or X-Box, Playstation 3 etc, I have to say, but the game play is fun. I got the game last week... CAFC top of the Championship.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    my son played it on Saturday,loved it.
  • Options
    I've got one. Cracking after a night out to try and play bowling on the sports game...
    Pirates of the Carribean & Zelda are amusing too.

Don't do the boxing one though!... It only causes pulled muscles, falling over and broken things.
    My house mates played it half sozzled and one fell into the coffee table.now broken.
    I wish i'd been awake to see it.

Its a cracking little console. Well worth the money.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]If your willing to hang on a bit, i could get a wii and a game or two for £144 - £165 , with my staff discount.

As soon as they come in i'm sure i could hold back a few, if wanted. I'll find out more info on them today as i have work later )-:[/quote]

ME, Me Me. Want one for my son's birthday on 9th November. I had no idea they were hard to get. Can you give me a ring on 07963 348 927

Cheers

Ben
  • Options
    Right well, I didn't realise how bloody rare they are, my manager said that if you stick your name down on the waiting list , your more than likely to get one before christmas.

So i stuck my name down for 5 of the Wii's, i'll keep all the people, who are interested in getting one, up to date with when their coming in etc. I'll probably be able to find out a bit more info tomorow on when their coming in and size of the waiting list.

Bloody nintendo
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2007
    Right Guys,

I've discussed with my housemate and due to lack of playing on it i am selling ours that is about 4 months old but is as good as new. This is the package:

Wii as new
    3 remotes
    1 nunchuck
    1 steering wheel accessory thing
    games – wii sports, wii play, monster truck 4x4 racing, Bust a move, Mario Party 8

Whisper me some offers, but be realistic and i'll go back to my mate and see what i can do for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well isn't that just typical...If I was still needing one I'd offer £250.00, + a few beers WSS.
  • Options
    My whispered bid was very close to yours Hillsy, need any players still for the odd game?
  • Options
    thanks for those who have whispered me, i will try and get hold of the majority shareholder and will get back to you tomorrow if thats ok (he wants to see how much he can sell it for on ebay - loser).

Cheers
  • Options
    If your gonna sell it on ebay dont do it as a package, sell all games seperatly, little bit more time but you will make more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]If your gonna sell it on ebay dont do it as a package, sell all games seperatly, little bit more time but you will make more.
    Yeah i know, to be fair it, only a couple of the games and a control are mine so its his decision but will let you know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]My whispered bid was very close to yours Hillsy, need any players still for the odd game?

Your more than welcome mate. When are you next available?
  • Options
    Just for all your info. I got mine from Dixons. Sign up to this link and you get an email telling you who has them and a link to it. That's how I got mine.

http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/

Click on the ink on the right and sign up for the email alert.
  • Options
    You still train at coldharbour? If so, what night?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]You still train at coldharbour? If so, what night?

Tuesday's between 830 - 930.
  • Options
    Could be a goer for training to start with if its ok mate?

I could just sign up to start with and if your short like last time and times are ok with me boys game I will be available?