Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Suck on that Curbishley

2»

Comments

• Options
    I cannot believe we have yet another Curbishley Thread. We have had Three managers since he's left, Move on for crying out loud. Cannot believe I am post number 32 on this sorry subject dear oh dear.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I cannot believe we have yet another Curbishley Thread. We have had Three managers since he's left, Move on for crying out loud. Cannot believe I am post number 32 on this sorry subject dear oh dear.
    Henry irving goes on about Jimmy bloody Seed every day let people go on about Curbishley...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I cannot believe we have yet another Curbishley Thread. We have had Three managers since he's left, Move on for crying out loud. Cannot believe I am post number 32 on this sorry subject dear oh dear.
    Henry irving goes on about Jimmy bloody Seed every day let people go on about Curbishley...

Ah but Henry is about 80 years old so remembers him well.
  • Options

It sure beats all those shite threads about holes like Sittingbourne and DJ-ing that get a regular airing - and at least has some link to Charlton.
  • Options
    I apologise for starting this thread - i just found it very funny, watching it on live TV, that his beloved, darling Hammers conceded a soft goal in the 98th minute & he threw a hissy fit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I apologise for starting this thread - i just found it very funny, watching it on live TV, that his beloved, darling Hammers conceded a soft goal in the 98th minute & he threw a hissy fit.

No need to apologise mate. Christ, if this thread warrants an apology then we may as well all give up now!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I apologise for starting this thread - i just found it very funny, watching it on live TV, that his beloved, darling Hammers conceded a soft goal in the 98th minute & he threw a hissy fit.

As the first respondee to your post, i'll also say, i don't think an apology is required either, it's a message board and every one is entiteled to an opinion,

and you got mine :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

It sure beats all those shite threads about holes like Sittingbourne and DJ-ing that get a regular airing - and at least has some link to Charlton.

Or letting everyone know when you are going out on the lash eh Off_it ! :-)
  • Options
    Curbs was our manager for 15 years so it's hardly surprising that people still like to talk about him.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite] Or letting everyone know when you are going out on the lash eh Off_it ! :-)

Yeah, those t*ssers are the worst. It's like a forlorn cry saying, "look at me, I'm popular, I've got friends. Lokk, I'm even going to a pub - so I MUST have a personality". Pathetic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2007
    Maybe the lack of animation was due to the fact that for many years he administered comfortable relegation free seasons for us. Considering he gave our board what they wanted with comparatively small resources. I’m not surprised his main demeanour with us was calm confidence.

The garage remark is probably true…Didn’t Pardew in one of his first CAFC interviews say the winning mentality was not the same here as West Ham?…Something like that I’m sure. Curbs is only reiterating the same feelings our own man thinks.

I would like to know what all the “sorts of get-out clauses in his contract" were with us?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: joeaddick[/cite] I would like to know what all the “sorts of get-out clauses in his contract" were with us?

Exactly what i thought Joe, although i'm not too confident on the integrity of this piece of journalism.

I think the fact that Peter Varney was asked to leave the room when Richard Murray and Curbs "settled things" indicate that their relationship didn't really rely upon a contract.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Agreed. Curbs spoke in his book (ZZZZZZZZZZ) about the times that the club was approached by Birmingham, QPR, West Ham, England etc and that he and Richard Murray had an agreement that if any bigger clubs were interested that he wouldnt stand in his way.

(QPR approach being just after their relegation from the PL)
  • Options
    I Speak to a lot of West Ham fans and they don't particularly like him.In contrast to always talk fondly of Pards.
  • Options
    Yeah, but Murray ain't stoopid. Just ask Scott Parker about what a "big club" is as far as Murray is concerned. I think you'll find that his definition has a great deal of fluidity, depending on the circumstances!
    ;o)
  • Options
    True!