Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

favourite songs of 2007?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2007
    have Rosalita got a gig coming up?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]have Rosalita got a gig coming up?[/quote]

Rosalita are playing Nambucca (holloway road) on 21 december. Thats only london gig left this year.
  • Options
    Maximo Park - "Our Earthly Pleasures" is my favourite album this year. A real grower, subtle melodies and lyrics that are a great snapshot of modern relationships (not in a poncey way either) .

LCD Soundsystem - "Sounds of Silver" is next after that. Two of the tracks are classics - "Where are your friends" and "Someone Great" - the rest range from great to decent and stand up to repeat listens.

The rest of mine might be a bit too obscure to be mentioned. There are a couple of beautiful tracks on the Bat for Lashes album.
  • Options
    no Mika?

:-)
  • Options
    JR : Eels just announced they are touring Europe next year, Milan maybe the closest for you (March 7th).

Only one London date, RFH on Feb 25th.

http://www.eelstheband.com/tourdates/index.asp
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]JR : Eels just announced they are touring Europe next year, Milan maybe the closest for you (March 7th).

Only one London date, RFH on Feb 25th.

http://www.eelstheband.com/tourdates/index.asp
    a little slippery for my liking
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]Am I the only person that has never heard of any of these songs?

I must be getting old!![/quote]

I was just pleased that I'd heard of some of them and even have a couple on my iPod

Whatever happened to Lucky Soul or was that 2008.

For mature music listeners I've been listening to the new Levon Helm album Dirt Framer great! two country soul compilations Fantastic and the Everly brothers - golden greats and Songs our Daddy taught us, Fab!

Hope I die before I get old!
  • Options
    also if anyone is interested, BBC4 later thjis month has a documentary about E on his journey across America to learn about the father he never really knew, Hugh Everett III, the quantum physicist.

http://www.eelstheband.com/bbcair.htm
  • Options
    I'll check out the Levon Helm album, in turn you could do worse than check out Richard Hawley!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I'll check out the Levon Helm album, in turn you could do worse than check out Richard Hawley!

It's a deal. Which album should I go for?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The new one is Lady's Bridge - it's very good, but I still prefer the previous one Coles Corner, probably because it was the first I'd heard him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]Am I the only person that has never heard of any of these songs?

I must be getting old!!

I was just pleased that I'd heard of some of them and even have a couple on my iPod

Whatever happened to Lucky Soul or was that 2008.

For mature music listeners I've been listening to the new Levon Helm album Dirt Framer great! two country soul compilations Fantastic and the Everly brothers - golden greats and Songs our Daddy taught us, Fab!

Hope I die before I get old!

they've been touring Europe. Throwing an xmas party this year instead of a new year party on the 19th december maybe at the amersham arms. unfortunately I can't make it, but its sure to be great.
  • Options
    oh and making loads of money in Japan
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Mine are:

Kings of Leon - On Call
    Reverend and the Makers - Heavyweight Champion
    The Aliens - Rox
    The Twang - Either Way
    Dolittle - Epicure
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    $87 & a Guilty Conscience by Richmond Fontaine.

Not of the year, just of the moment.

I'm looking forward to seeing Richard Hawley in Toronto next month Salad.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Henry - I listened to Levon Helm and I can hear the richness and quality of the music and he provides good, weathered vocals - ....but unfortunately it is too rootsy for my ears .... which is a shame I guess!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Henry - I listened to Levon Helm and I can hear the richness and quality of the music and he provides good, weathered vocals - ....but unfortunately it is too rootsy for my ears .... which is a shame I guess!

Fair enough. If you like the voice check him out in his prime on "music from Big Pink" and "The Band" by The Band

Had trouble downloading the Hawley album but will try again.
  • Options
    Eels tickets for Festival Hall on sale now, if anyone interested:
    http://www.rfh.org.uk/music/productions/an-evening-with-eels-18989
    Stalls sold out.
  • Options
    PS Latest Richard Hawley album, "Lady's Bridge", is just a fiver on Amazon now.