Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What magazines do you read / subscribe to ?

Comments

• Options
    Cycling weekly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Recently Subscribed to Poker Player as a good read, although they seem to always run late!!!

Always by FHM monthly aswell, but never get to read it so dont know why lol

Take more notice of the tips then Johnny and you might get close to the money in the CL tourny ;-)

All the best from the bubble boy!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Recently Subscribed to Poker Player as a good read, although they seem to always run late!!!

Take more notice of the tips then Johnny and you might get close to the money in the CL tourny ;-)

haha only read as good read never really pick up anything from it, your right i should really take note :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]

haha only read as good read never really pick up anything from it, your right i should really take note :-)

Yeah I know what you mean, I only play 6 max cash games so the tips are a bit on the thin side, the rest of the mag can get a bit samey month after month banging on about tournaments.
  • Options
    Is that weekly or monthly cause if it is monthly that is 10 years to complete !  
  • Options
    Perfect wedding
    Wedding ideas
    Perfect welding
    Welding ideas.
  • Options
    I used to subscribe to 5 classic car mags but have cut that back to 3 as I wasn’t getting through them each month. Mainly due to Covid as I used to read them on the commute to work but now wfh. Whenever we go away I always pick up a copy of Flypast to read around the pool.
  • Options
    I like Retro Gamer but they are missing a trick given the age of their readership by having the text a tad too small.
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Won’t be subscribing to the latest magazine - build your own Batmobile.

That for £1300. 

No thank you.

I often wonder how many of these things actually get finished!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Today's Railways (UK)/
  • Options
    Seems a long time ago that would religiously read FHM, GQ and Esquire every month. 

Are these even still going 
  • Options
    Went to buy WSC yesterday, then saw it was something like £2.70 for not very much, so decided not to bother
    So I baulked at paying £2.70 13 years ago for a magazine, just looked and it’s now £4.50.

• Options
    Woman and Home 
  • Options
    Gardener's World
    Countryfile
    Saga Magazine 
    Yours

• Options
    Went to buy WSC yesterday, then saw it was something like £2.70 for not very much, so decided not to bother
    So I baulked at paying £2.70 13 years ago for a magazine, just looked and it’s now £4.50.

...and it's desperately thin these days.
  • Options

...and it's desperately thin these days.
    Theyve changed the paper, it's almost like tissue.
    I took advantage of an offer years ago whereby if you subscribed by DD they promised never to increase the price so now I get 12 issues for £21 including postage. I feel a bit guilty about it but a deal's a deal.
  • Options
    The Wrinkly Weekly.
  • Options
    Amiga Format
  • Options
    Gardeners World. But it's pretty much the same every year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Classic Ford & through my bank account Classic Cars
  • Options
    I don't subscribe to any nowadays. The only ones I read come with memberships (Wildlife Trust and Tree Huggers Trust). TBH, I don't think it's a format cuts the mark these days; too lightweight to be a good read, too slow to be topical.
  • Options
    Private Eye
    RA Mag
     Barbican
  • Options
    Scootering
  • Options
    I pay £7 per month for a subscription called Readly which give you access to 100s of magazines including a fair number of the ones quoted on this thread and quite a few of the daily papers which you can download and read offline. I think its great value for.money and would definetly recommend it 👍
  • Options
    Years ago, at work, there were always copies of Country Life in the coffee lounge. Always used to pick a copy up and have a browse through the magnificent property adverts. Some, just a few, places were tantalisingly out of reach, price-wise.  But you could dream...

Just scanned through copies of the last few editions. That self-same style of property is now so far out of reach as to be a joke.  It can only be Premier League footballers and a few bankers that can afford those prices.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Seems a long time ago that would religiously read FHM, GQ and Esquire every month. 

Are these even still going 

Both GQ and Esquire still going, both really sh!t now.

Cancelled my Esquire sub a few years ago, it's gone from being "style and substance" to full of 10 minute fashion fads, hipster looks and "why you need to embrace Machine gun Kelly's hot new look this summer" articles.

GQ is obsessed with Harry Styles and his 1990's mum's fashion look. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the editor he's plastered over it so much.
  • Options
    Sight & Sound
  • Options
    Which