Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Dilemma

WSSWSS
edited November 2007 in General Charlton
FPO MAKES A SUGGESTION

She told me this morning that she wants to go away for two weeks in the middle of May. I said "fine" without thinking then thought "sh!t, playoffs".

I havent told her about this yet as she is sure to say "football always comes first etc etc" so what shall i do? I was thinking about delaying it until beginning of June because that would be us together two years so i can use it as a blag.

I just know if i booked something for the middle of may that we'll end up in the playoffs and win it and i'll miss it all...

Hopefully we'll already be up though.

Comments

• Options
    Lie.

Tell her you've heard there is a chance there may be a big project in work during May, its not confirmed yet, but best to be safe and put the holiday back a couple of weeks as the last thing you want is to have it cancelled, or be on the phone to work when i should be spending quality time with you.

You know the drill....
  • Options
    I just know if i booked something for the middle of may that we'll end up in the playoffs and win it and i'll miss it all...

Take one for the team, go on holiday!

Seriously though, go with the 2 year blag.
  • Options
    are you a man or a mouse? may will be expensive because of school holidays (aren't they middle of may?) so put it off till early june.

tell her she can't "want" tell her to say "would like" and that its up for discussion! who put her in charge?
  • Options
    Just come up with some other reason why a different time would be better. The 2 years together sounds like the perfect blag. Whatever you do dont mention the playoffs!
  • Options
    a mixture of all three suggestions (not yours stu) sounds very good.

thank you
  • Options
    Early June and it's Euro '08 mate. You don't want to miss that. Leave it till August, pay double and go with the rest of us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]are you a man or a mouse? may will be expensive because of school holidays (aren't they middle of may?) so put it off till early june.

tell her she can't "want" tell her to say "would like" and that its up for discussion! who put her in charge?

School Holidays in May? Half term maybe for a week.

It's all academic (pun intended) as we are going straight up.
  • Options
    I've already had this problem,we always go on Holiday 2 weeks straight after fa cup final,so missus booked up for florida and we will miss play off final,when I mentioned it to her she told me I was a selfish bast*rd.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Early June and it's Euro '08 mate. You don't want to miss that. Leave it till August, pay double and go with the rest of us.

WSS to wifey: "Darling I hear Austria is nice that time of year. Vienna is a beautiful city and we can spend some time on Lake Geneva if we pop over to Switzerland. Don't worry I'll book the tickets and travel dear, you put your feet up"
  • Options
    There was me thinking that is all Women that are Cheats & Liars when our very own Smudge shows that Blokes are just as Bad!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Book it and keep her sweet , then if we're in the play offs just dump her .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Early June and it's Euro '08 mate. You don't want to miss that. Leave it till August, pay double and go with the rest of us.

Who cares, England won't be in it anyway....I've just booked to go on the 14th June, didn't even bother checking the Euro games..
  • Options
    Mate, just be honest with her....its not all one way traffic, if she loves you she will understand...if she don't then you've nothing to lose.
    :-)
  • Options
    Jeez WSS - When you met did she know that you were a Season Ticket Holder at Charlton????? If so she should back off a bit!!!

It really annoys me with all these girls that meet guys, knowing about their football loves etc - then go all out to ruin everything and try and change people!!

Even as a woman myself I can't get my head round it!!

Rant over

:o)
  • Options
    she'll be fine about the holiday.

Its when you tell her she's driving the minibus to Preston that she's likely to kick off !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Jeez WSS - When you met did she know that you were a Season Ticket Holder at Charlton????? If so she should back off a bit!!!
    Our first date was Elton John at The Valley!

She always known my footy habits and i'm sure she wont be that upset, it's my own stupidity really for saying the season ends beginning of May.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Jeez WSS - When you met did she know that you were a Season Ticket Holder at Charlton????? If so she should back off a bit!!!

She always known my footy habits and i'm sure she wont be that upset, it's my own stupidity really for saying the season ends beginning of May.

Sorry Mate - I just read my thread back and realised how harsh I sounded!!!! Wasn't meant like that!

• Options
    V harsh Maria!
  • Options
    When is the play off final scheduled for?
  • Options
    23rd, 24th and 25th May I think. with the championship final being on the saturday instead of the usual monday....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]When is the play off final scheduled for?

Why are you worried it clashes with the Rugby ? :-)
  • Options
    It's my 40th on FA Cup final day next year.

Don't think I'll have to worry too much about us being involved though!
  • Options
    I'm missing the Palace home game cause of bookings by others
  • Options
    I don't know DM, someone has to win it, why not us?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'm missing the Palace home game cause of bookings by others

you dont wanna be missing that game!!
  • Options
    You could book the holiday and take out some holiday insurance, if it looks like we will be involved, have yourself an illness claim on the insurance and go another time :)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Jeez WSS - When you met did she know that you were a Season Ticket Holder at Charlton????? If so she should back off a bit!!![/quote]
    [/quote]

Shit me mate, if you took her to see Elton John and she's still with you, I doubt there is anything you could do to upset her!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

I seriously hope that this was her choice and not yours?
  • Options
    Tell her to do one. Holidays is for queers anyway.
  • Options

It really annoys me with all these girls that meet guys, knowing about their football loves etc - then go all out to ruin everything and try and change people!!

Even as a woman myself I can't get my head round it!!

Rant over

Say what you mean hun!