Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Attention Henry - regarding the arrest this morning and london -

2»

Comments

• Options
    I have just written a complaint to ITV myself, thing is I heard almost exactly the same story word for word on the Talksport News yesterday so they obviously mis-interpreted it as well.
  • Options
    Just spoke to Henry I.

Charlton press office have said London Tonight have contacted, and to say they knew they had made a mistake as they had received so many emails from Charlton fans. They will be issuing an apology on their lunchtime news.
  • Options
    FFS

how useless are these people
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Just spoke to Henry I.
    The King?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]heard from the club this morning that the press office and the CEO are on the case. Hopefully there will be a retraction and an apology.

Sloppy journalism. See the word "Charlton" and don't bother to read the press release properly.

Inspector, thanks for the complaints' addresses. The more people that complain the better IMHO.

well done Henners knew my vote would come in usefil one day LOL
  • Options

Charlton press office have said London Tonight have contacted, and to say they knew they had made a mistake as they had received so many emails from Charlton fans. They will be issuing an apology on their lunchtime news.

Well played everyone. At the very least the knobend who wrote the bulletin will maybe think twice and check his facts before writing something about Charlton - for fear of getting in the shite if we all complain again if nothing else!
  • Options
    on www.cafc.co.uk now
  • Options

long live the king!
  • Options
    Lunchtime news on in 10mins. Going to be watching intently!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    14 men have now been charged.
  • Options
    what about the other 26 though ???

11 Liverpool fans also got dawn raided this morning, following an incident at a pre-season friendly with Wrexham, so the BTP are really upping their efforts of late.
  • Options
    14 is all the BTP are announcing.
  • Options
    damage has already been done,hardly anyone watches the midday news compared to the evening one,had to explain to some numbnut this morning it was nothing to do with charlton,we dont hit dads and kids!
  • Options
    london today's on now on itv
  • Options
    Not so much an apology. But at least they said it was Palace and not our lot.
  • Options
    they've 'clarified that those charged were crystal palace fans not charlton as previously reported'
  • Options
    naff apology.
  • Options
    The extent to which London Tonight knows the city it covers can be summed up by the fact that it prounced the place where the attack happened as "Siddunham".
  • Options
    lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Contrary to previous reports, Charlton Athletic's fans were not involved".

Hmmmmmmm.
  • Options
    At least they acknowledged their mistake- was never really expecting much more..
  • Options
    Well done all involved in getting this "retraction". I hope Michael Grade weighs in behind the scenes and rattles the cage of the sloppy journo's who allowed this to happen.
  • Options
    I'm studying Journalism at Uni. These kinds of 'fatal errors' usually end up with someones career effectively ruined! Maybe this isnt major enough for that but its a big enough error for that person responsible to be somewhat heavily punished. Even if we journo students spell someones name wrong we get punished with an automatic D!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]I'm studying Journalism at Uni. These kinds of 'fatal errors' usually end up with someones career effectively ruined! Maybe this isnt major enough for that but its a big enough error for that person responsible to be somewhat heavily punished. Even if we journo students spell someones name wrong we get punished with an automatic D!

Where are you studying, Olly?

Fuck-ups like that can happen, especially in an industry where people who work in "local" news actually know sod all about the areas they're meant to know about.

But ITN were alerted to the mistakes by viewers, but took no notice of them - that's the real fatal error. And for this, I hope people have gone to Ofcom, because that's where they'll get found out.
  • Options
    I'm at Univerity of Arts London, London College of Communication (commonly known as London College Of Print).

I doubt Ofcom will do anything about it now that ITV 'clarified' the situation. Would still like an actual apology though. Plenty of people will have seen the evening news on Thursday and not seen the 'real' news yesterday lunchtime, so there will be some who still think we're a bunch of thugs!

Does anyone know if it was 'clarified' again on the evening news?
  • Options
    A-ha, LCP's my old place, many, many moons ago. Can't get my head around its new moniker...

Even if Ofcom do nothing, at least it'll put London Tonight through the hassle of having to reply to them and deal with the complaint. And if they explicitly offered an apology, but only gave a "clarification", then that's still worthy of a smack on the wrist.