Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My Football Club - Ebbsfleet / Eurostar FC takeover

My Football Club has agreed a deal in principle to purchase a controlling stake in Ebbsfleet United FC.

Interesting

Comments

• Options
    i dont understand this?

your football club? Is that who you play for? who you support? or who you own?
  • Options
    oh that My Football Club... thanks.

dicey business that.
  • Options
    Yep, just got the email saying about it. Very pleased with the choice of club.
  • Options
    absolutely ludicrous.
  • Options
    Gawd. So the club sells its name to Eurostar (more or less) to promote the name of a railway station, then sells itself to a website? Dear, oh dear. Think you've summed it up nicely, Curb_It.
  • Options
    Dicey indeed. My Football Club is no more than a few mates saying 'i know, lets buy a football club'. At grassroots level such as Gravesend, you need to have a real passion for that particular club, and a good understanding of the area.

Horrible to see premiership clubs played with as a toy, worse when its at grassroots level.
  • Options
    The money raised so far is £700,000... a big chunk of that going to Ebbsfleets transfer kitty in January... surely that isn't a bad thing?
  • Options
    If you want to play Championship Manager and pick the team, go buy a PC and the game, otherwise, leave a decent football club alone
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]The money raised so far is £700,000... a big chunk of that going to Ebbsfleets transfer kitty in January... surely that isn't a bad thing?

Not when said like that. But what happens in 12 months time, 3 years time, when the novelty factor has worn off and the club is losing money, like what 90% of the clubs do ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The website members also expressed a preference for buying Cambridge United, halifax, York, Torquay and Woking - how will Ebbsfleet approach those games?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]The money raised so far is £700,000... a big chunk of that going to Ebbsfleets transfer kitty in January... surely that isn't a bad thing?

Not when said like that. But what happens in 12 months time, 3 years time, when the novelty factor has worn off and the club is losing money, like what 90% of the clubs do ?

I really can't answer that, and I dont think there's anyone who can.
    Ebbsfleet have a huge potential as that area regenerates and I'd love to see them rise above Gillingham in the next few years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]The website members also expressed a preference for buying Cambridge United, halifax, York, Torquay and Woking - how will Ebbsfleet approach those games?

No differently to other games I'd imagine. Why would they?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]The website members also expressed a preference for buying Cambridge United, halifax, York, Torquay and Woking - how will Ebbsfleet approach those games?

Abramovic looked at Spurs, doesn't stop Chelsea beating them every time
  • Options
    it's an interesting exercise but a dangerous exercise to undertake on a club that has existed for a number of years.

supplying money for players is fine but Ebbsfleets ground is a crap-heap and I'm sure it would need a whole bunch of work for them to get into the league.
  • Options
    Well, I'd suggest that if a load of, say, Cambridge fans bought into MyFootballSite, then they may not have a league rival's best interests at heart. I'd hope their motives would be better than that, but that's got to be a risk.
  • Options
    isn't it money 'pledged' rather than raised ?

ie. People say they'll have some of it, but there is no guarantee they will actually make the payment ?
  • Options
    I just think the whole thing is a crock of shit
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]isn't it money 'pledged' rather than raised ?

ie. People say they'll have some of it, but there is no guarantee they will actually make the payment ?[/quote]

No, these are members that have paid their £35 notes. They wanted fifty thousand members, but only twenty thousand have paid up.
  • Options
    I pity the genuine Gravesend fan.They've had their soul sold once with the name change to Eurostar Utd, or whatever, and they've whats left of the club sold down the river with this crap.

It'll end in tears.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have to agree, this seems really obviously to be a daft idea to me. It'll end in disaster no doubt.
  • Options
    Exactly Inspector. Stafford fan, lives in Stafford, never going to see Eurostar play, yet expects to have a vote on team matters. Ridiculous concept that should just be kept to computer games.

I've always wanted Eurostar to do well, but not to well, because they would be eroding on our potential growth area. This seems a 'shit or bust' cry to me.
  • Options
    What's Eurostar's fanbase? 1,000? 2,000?

Surely the club would grow organically if all this "regeneration" really works? And what's the long-term potential for them anyway? Is there really room for them to overhaul Gillingham down that way? And four or five years down the line Dartford will no doubt be prospering, while we'll always be a distraction.
  • Options
    Gillingham are still banging on about a move to Cuxton, near Strood, so will take the two clubs even closer
  • Options
    Gillingham won't get a new stadium all the while Scally is the chairman. The council can't stand him and couldn't give a hoot about the club
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Gillingham are still banging on about a move to Cuxton, near Strood, so will take the two clubs even closer

I work in Cuxton. Not sure where he could build a ground round here - though The Medway Stand could be interesting.

If I see Scally Medders, I'll send him your regards.
  • Options
    More a case of the 'In the Medway Stand' ;-)

Think they were on about down by Amadeus etc....
  • Options
    can't wait to see them all squeezing in the Director's box and board room.
  • Options
    Don't the members have to pay £35 every season? So basically members are just renting a piece of the club.
    Guaranteed that in 2-3 years time the bloke who came up with My football club will be very rich, and everyone else will be wondering what exactly they got for their £35.