Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next man to step up

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
who do u want?

for me jose mourinho

Comments

• Options
    mourinho
  • Options
    mourinho
  • Options
    Harry Redknapp.........English manager who plays attacking football and will pick players for the right position rather than just superstars,
  • Options
    Mourinho for me...its unlikely though, the FA only want yes men who pander to the big names......cant go upsetting Stevie Gee now can we?

We need a footballing revolution....pick players on merit, whoever is playing at the top of their game....mould a "team" of players...not individuals. Still hark back to Jack Charlton and his success with the Irish (90% of whom were English and not necessarily playing in Div 1). LETS be having a TEAM
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Harry Redknapp.........English manager who plays attacking football and will pick players for the right position rather than just superstars,
    He'd be rubbish because he won;t be able to do dodgy deals and buy weird players like Marco Boogers
  • Options
    would love to see Mourinho get it but do the FA have the bottle to appointment someone a little bit outspoken? they have always gone for a yes man.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Who would I like - Arsene Wenger whose job should include organising the whole of the FA coaching set up. OK now I've stopped dreaming, I would bust the bank to get Mourinho. If he wont come then my original choice was O'Neill.

Who do I think they will appoint? Well I suppose O'Neill is a strong possibility provided he's up for it and Villa will let him go, the problem is that the muppets at the FA tend to go for the chap who sounds the part rather than the best footballing person. Apparently O'Neill wanted his own people backing him and they didn't. Apparently O'Neill didn't do very well at the interview. So I've no illusions as to how the FA may fail, yet again to go for the right manager. It goes back to Brian Clough who was by far and away the best candidate to replace Ramsey but didn't even get an interview!!!
  • Options
    Jose
  • Options
    I said Redknapp should be given a chance last week when we were discussing this, but I think Mourinho or bust now as I said last night.
  • Options
    I don't think I could bring myself to like Mourinho though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Look how he has turnt Pompey around in two seasons, and the players he has brought in and instilled confidence in them such as Campbell, James,brough through good young players such as Matt Taylor, Joe Cole, Frank Lamppard, Jermaine Defoe (DUCKS FOR COVER) Rio Ferdinand,
  • Options
    Forgot your Wengers and Mourinho.

Big managers want to be managing on the big stage. We won't have a big tournament now for 3 years, not many will be prepared to wait that long for the next big game.
  • Options
    Dan would it not to possible to juggle two jobs for a season or so if it meant we got the best manager available in the future?
  • Options
    i just dont see it with O'neil - ok he did a really could job with leicester but not to diffrent from big sam at bolton and curbs with us.

he did well at celtic but i think uncle les would do well at celtic with the standars of the SPL,

and he has not excatly pulled up any trees at villa.

i will prob be in the minority here.
  • Options
    stuff it, lets get Shearer in for a bit and see if he can inject a bit of passion. I don't care if he has no managerial experience.

Klinsmann done it, Bilic is doing it.
  • Options
    world cup qualifiers start in september
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Forgot your Wengers and Mourinho.

Big managers want to be managing on the big stage. We won't have a big tournament now for 3 years, not many will be prepared to wait that long for the next big game.

Bang on, AFKA. I reckon that we will probably end up with a guy like Guus Hiddinck (spelling) who will take the Ruskies to Euro 2008 and then jump ship to us.
  • Options
    The FA may take the easy route and promote Pearce from the U21's
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]stuff it, lets get Shearer in for a bit and see if he can inject a bit of passion. I don't care if he has no managerial experience.

Klinsmann done it, Bilic is doing it.[/quote]

Spot on Shearer and wrighty sod it at least if the players don't give there all they don't play.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I said Redknapp should be given a chance last week when we were discussing this, but I think Mourinho or bust now as I said last night.

There's no way they will go for Redknapp I'm afraid. He's much to "wide" for them. They made that mistake with El Tel once and I can't see them doing it again. Would he do a good job? - Absolutely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wenger won't manage england he's already said that.

Mourinho - maybe

Redknapp for me all day long
  • Options
    Mourinho, if not Shearer. We have the players and all we need is someone to get the best out of them. We don't need a tactical genius as football is a simple game. Klinsmann took Germany to the WC SF and in the current Euro qualifying the following have all got their teams to the finals with no previous managerial experience Donadoni, Van Basten and Bilac. Passion is what we need and Shearer has it in spades.
  • Options
    Wenger wont managed england agreed, but i would love them to try and get him in in some capacity to completyly set up the youth system for england.
  • Options
    what a serious lack of decent English managers we have.

f##king Premier league is ruining the game in this country.
  • Options
    the lack of england managers, comes from th use a curbs quote the english managers are not given a chance at the top jobs so how are they going to gain the relevant experince.
  • Options
    SE10 you are worried about the state of the priempership and that we have no English managers, that is the least of our problems, in 10 years time we as a footballing nantion will be the same as Scotland as the football acadamey in this country are no longer bringing through good young english players as the clus in the premiership must have sucess now, coupled with they have acadameys full of foriegn players rather than english
  • Options
    It won't be Mourinho, he'll go to Real Madrid, get revenge on Barca, and work for a club which shares his politics and self esteem
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]stuff it, lets get Shearer in for a bit and see if he can inject a bit of passion. I don't care if he has no managerial experience.

Sod the passion bollocks, it doesn't win you games at international level
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]stuff it, lets get Shearer in for a bit and see if he can inject a bit of passion. I don't care if he has no managerial experience.

Klinsmann done it, Bilic is doing it.[/quote]

Sod the passion bollocks, it doesn't win you games at international level[/quote]

WE are not winning games because were not good enough end off, but lets at least play the game with a passion rather than the heartless F**ckers that were out there last night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]stuff it, lets get Shearer in for a bit and see if he can inject a bit of passion. I don't care if he has no managerial experience.

Sod the passion bollocks, it doesn't win you games at international level

WE are not winning games because were not good enough end off, but lets at least play the game with a passion rather than the heartless F**ckers that were out there last night.
    Bit like CAFC lasst season...