Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next man to step up

2»

Comments

• Options
    I would be wary of bringing Shearer in like that unless he was bang up for it. At the moment he is still liked by most of the country earning a good wedge as a pundit. If he is prepared to have a go then why not.

As has been said, Redknapp is too wide for our current FA, Mourinho I doubt would want the job and would need a massive salary and the policy of bringing ex internationals in seems to have had a positive effect to most the nations that have tried it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]stuff it, lets get Shearer in for a bit and see if he can inject a bit of passion. I don't care if he has no managerial experience.

Klinsmann done it, Bilic is doing it.

Exactly. Van Basten is the holland manager, Donadoni is Italy manager, where was their managerial experience before they stepped up and they've been fairly successful. Or is that because they have better players to pick from than we have?!
  • Options
    Shearer just smacks of a Keegan like appointment.

Wasn't Van Basten involved at Ajax, Donadoni spent time in Seria A and B, Bilic did his time with the U21s.

They all had some managerial experience, and Kilinsman was in a no lose situation, Germany were poor before the world cup, and host nation
  • Options
    Capello has just come out and said he would like the job
  • Options
    Jose would be great.

Im sure he would have no mid season injury problems getting players from Man U, Arsenal (are there any Englishmen in the Squad), Liverpool or CHELSEA!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]Capello has just come out and said he would like the job

Must be mad. Why would anyone want the press scum on their backs 24/7? Scolari said it was his reason for turning the job down, although the lieing hacks still blamed it on Barwick.
  • Options
    Shearer arguably walked out on England as a player.

Is there not a danger that stigma could affect him on the managerial side.

When Rio's slouching about and Shearer reprimands him the obvious retort is playing for England meant a lot to you (not) given that you packed in international football so early.
  • Options
    please, not shearer.

this morning i can only consider jose.
  • Options
    Shearer may have walked out on England but he'd had a lot of injuries and chose to devote the last few seasons to Newcastle, avoiding England matches and training gave him time to recover between matches and probably gave him an extra season.
  • Options
    Ian Holloway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jose or Redknapp for me......would be happy with either of those
  • Options
    I dunno about Redknapp - wasn't he already named as part of the investigation into bungs and iilegal transfer dealing? I like hime but the FA won't want anyone with that kind of background.

I'd like Jose
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]I dunno about Redknapp - wasn't he already named as part of the investigation into bungs and iilegal transfer dealing? I like hime but the FA won't want anyone with that kind of background.

I'd like Jose
    Like Jose was involved in the Ashley Cole and Obi Mikel dealings?
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited November 2007
    Capello for me. Hard as nails and hates players that have no fight. Got nothing left to prove at club management level, except maybe a stint over here (not necessary as precursor to the England job as SGE proved) so he'd get my backing. He has turned around a lot of teams that are lost but have potential.