Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Pub In London

1235»

Comments

• Options
    The Constitution in Pimlico is a decent boozer - has a real local feel even though it's 5 mins from Victoria station. There's some wacky punters - it's interesting to watch how the mix changes from afternoon drinkers to the night crowd. Excellent food too.
  • Options
    Admiral Hardy in Greenwich, if only for the student discounts!
  • Options
    That was a funny time in the Wellington. I'm not sure if the bloke was actually Charlton, but he said he had run places in SE London and knew a lot of Charlton. That must have been the places Curb IT was mentioning.
    He definitely had the look of Mark Hulyer about him though
  • Options
    Cheers Curb It. Was going to pop in there for a pint after the Barnet match and was a bit pissed off that it was closed due to filming. Meant to ask someone on here what it was they were filming.

The Pelton used to be my local, and loved it as someone mentioned it's a proper pub. Was in there about three years ago and the office's at Lovell's wharf were closing down and being readied for demolotion. I've never seen so many fat balding 50 plus men in my life, it was surreal like I'd been dropped into one of my old man's docker re-unions; not that he ever goes just what I'd imagine it looked like. I know the landlord's been eager to sell for a few years but I'll be gutted if he has/does as most boozers in the Greenwich area have shocking ales and shit clientele.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I dont really drink in there although i mean to but always pass it when doing the thames river path walk. But sounds like its under new owners and gone from strength to strenght from what it says on beerintheevening.

got to the same bloke then Cuff. Ran Station Hotel in welling for a long time.
  • Options
    Great. It feels like a proper, warm pub. Nice layout with a nice open fire. The previous landlord was quite good, even if his ales were a little uninspiring. The best thing about it was the Ales were kept well and tasted clean, which is something that is pretty rare nowadays especially in Greenwich. Great to hear the new landlord's made an improvement on the ales, I was fearful if someone took it over they'd quickly rip out any character and mess up the ale.