Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bobby Zamora

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Heard from a couple of places today that Pards may be after Zamora in Jan for £2m. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    would definitely improve the squad and we need an extra striker with toddy out for the season
  • Options
    Yes please, v good player imo, and underrated, Mortain????
  • Options
    no westham cast offs please...
  • Options
    What about a double with Sulkwood from Villa on loan?
  • Options
    You didn't get this from The_Spy, did you?
  • Options
    Never really rated Zamora, don't think it would be a good buy IMHO.
  • Options
    I always think of Zamora as a striker who needs a service - can't see how he'd fit into the present 4-5-1.

But with good support, and as a general Johnny-on-the-spot striker, he's as good as any in this division.
  • Options
    good buy, has scored plenty in this division.....and realistically, are we gonna attract better?
  • Options
    Get him, he generally impresses me when I see him, for 2M there are plenty worse out there.
  • Options
    Is this LOCKED ON?

FACT?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would be pleased with that, 2m is a pretty fair price. He would be good for when we go up aswell.
  • Options
    Donkey.

2million is a fair price!

Christ Football is fuked!
  • Options
    2 million a fair price you are mad........

$350,00 or £250,000, OK
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]2 million a fair price you are mad........

$350,00 or £250,000, OK[/quote]

Pickwick - With all due respect, mate, 2 million is about the going rate for any Premiership journeyman these days and you will get bugger all for anything less than 1 million unless there are extenuating circumstances.

I agree that 2 million seems silly but Wolves paid 2 million for Eastwood, we paid 2 million (plus extras) for Varney and Earnshaw keeps being sold for 4 million quid!!!

Even Marcus Bent would probably generate a 2 million fee now that he has banged in a few for Wigan.....
  • Options
    Buy Darren Bent from Spurs for $5m!!!!!
  • Options
    We're all going to hell in a handcart
  • Options
    £2m? For Bobby? You would be getting an absolute bargain!
    If this happens I would be livid.

Zamora is a cracking player, one of my current favorites at the club. The lad covers so much ground, is very strong & holds the ball up well.
    He may not be the most naturally gifted player in the world, but he works his socks off and has scored a hatfull of massively important goals for us, some of them absolute crackers too. Everyone that is saying they wouldn't pay £250k for him needs to take their head out their arse.
    Didn't you pay £2m for varney? An unproven player at a top CCC or premier league club?
    Bobby is a proven premier league player. £2m is a steal.
  • Options
    have to make ol mortain right right here. good point re varney!
  • Options
    a bit of debate in this thread about whether Bobby is worth £2m. Hull have agreed a fee of £5million for him!

He scored 2 goals in 35 appearances for fulham.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]a bit of debate in this thread about whether Bobby is worth £2m. Hull have agreed a fee of £5million for him!

He scored 2 goals in 35 appearances for fulham.[/quote]

Sure Phil Brown thinks his ace management skills will convert him into a scoring striker!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]a bit of debate in this thread about whether Bobby is worth £2m. Hull have agreed a fee of £5million for him!

He scored 2 goals in 35 appearances for fulham.[/quote]

Perhaps he comes with a free property or cashback option
  • Options
    Unbelievable. Makes Darren Bent look a snip at 16 mill.
  • Options
    The Premier league has truly gone mad!

Very very average players are now going for silly money.

Good luck to him though with a signing on fee and probably double the wages, he has made the most of his limited ability.

Imagine what Andy Hunt or Medonca would be worth now if they were playing today, probably close to 7-10mil
  • Options
    That is just plain craziness
  • Options
    Hull City ............... chasing the dream and risking their future ?
  • Options
    Hull are awful and with Brown they will be relegated next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]He scored 2 goals in 35 appearances for fulham.

Premier League Deon Burton? Strong, hold up the ball, can't score?
  • Options
    He was a regular up front for a side that qualified for Europe so he can't be doing that bad
  • Options
    Zamora for £5 million?

That makes me worth at least £50K!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Premier League Deon Burton? Strong, hold up the ball, can't score?

It's a fair point that you can't judge a forward solely on their goals. They can contribute in other ways though, like i think deon does. You would think just by being around the opposition goal for 35 games he'd get more than two goals though! £5m still seems a bit much, imo.