Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bobby Zamora

2»

Comments

• Options
    Decent player and would have liked us to have taken him on a few years back but that is just crazy money for a guy with that scoring record. I suspect that one may come back to bite them on the backside big time if/when they go down.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Premier League Deon Burton? Strong, hold up the ball, can't score?

It's a fair point that you can't judge a forward solely on their goals. They can contribute in other ways though, like i think deon does. You would think just by being around the opposition goal for 35 games he'd get more than two goals though! £5m still seems a bit much, imo.

Didn't realise it was £5m, only saw £2m. I would agree then, £5m is far too much.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    A player is worth as much as any mug team is prepared to pay.

But having said that, Zamora is a great team player, scored goals for fun at Brighton and worth finding a place in most sides.

Useless trivia time:
    Zamora is good mates with Jon Fortune and Paul Konchesky. Grew up together and played in the same local youth team together before they were spotted by Pro clubs.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]A player is worth as much as any mug team is prepared to pay.

But having said that, Zamora is a great team player, scored goals for fun at Brighton and worth finding a place in most sides.

Useless trivia time:
    Zamora is good mates with Jon Fortune and Paul Konchesky. Grew up together and played in the same local youth team together before they were spotted by Pro clubs.

They all played for Senrab, curbs played for them many moons ago. Used to play against them in the U'16, had a final against them at The Valley in '81.

Players:
    Jlloyd Samuel - Aston Villa
    John Terry - Chelsea
    Ledley King - Tottenham
    Paul Konchesky - Charlton
    Sol Campbell - Arsenal
    Bobby Zamora - West Ham
    Muzzy Izzet - Leicester
    Lee Bowyer - Newcastle
    Jermain Defoe - Tottenham
    Ade Akinbiyi - Stoke
    Leon Knight - Brighton
    Coaches:
    Alan Curbishley - Charlton manager
    Dario Gradi - Crewe manager
    Ray Wilkins - Millwall asst manager
    Tony Carr - West Ham Youth Academy director
  • Options
    Famous club Senrab.
    Does it stand for anything of is it just Barnes backward and named after someone?
  • Options
    According to Wikipedia:
    The club takes its name from Senrab Street in the London Borough of Stepney. Senrab Street is adjacent to Barnes Street, and is also Barnes spelled backwards
  • Options
    I thought it was a guy called barnes who founded it.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Broke his leg today.A real sick bag moment if garth crooks and Les Ferdinands reaction's anything to go by.
    All the best to the lad
  • Options
    Their reaction was astonishing. I'm sure they won't show the detail on MOTD tonight. Thankfully.
  • Options
    Shame for Zamora as he would have surely been in the England squad next month, really improved as a player and Fulham will really miss him up top.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope he is alright, and will see it tonight on motd.

Fulham should be alright with Dembele and the likes of Dempsey etc