Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jerome "not a clue" Thomas.....

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Thats the problem with playing 4-5-1 , as it IS up to Thomas & Sam to get forward and score.

Reminds me of about 10 years ago - playing with Leaburn up on his own and Brendan O'connell (remember him) playing in "the hole". That didn't work either.

Well if only Pardew knew we'd tried it 10 years ago with totally different players and it didn't work then then I'm sure he wouldn't even think about that that formation again.

Reading played a whole season of 4-5-1 under Pardew so I'm expecting to see a lot more of it, especially away from home
  • Options
    He did ok but how many telling crosses for a winger did he provide none.
    He does well holding the ball up letting others join but for me most disappointing and don't get me wrong i think he has the talent but when the chips are downand your looking on people to produce he doesnt do it often enough
  • Options
    I just want to say what the fcuk was the penalty challenge all about.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I just want to say what the fcuk was the penalty challenge all about.
    it was so weird he just tried to push the fellow sneakily but got caught!
    i think we missed mcClown last night... well for entertainment value!!
  • Options
    I can't defend him on that one!
  • Options
    I think regardless of his ineffectiveness we need to have 2 forwards on the bench and hope he will be there on Saturday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I think regardless of his ineffectiveness we need to have 2 forwards on the bench and hope he will be there on Saturday.

I agree about wanting two strikers on the bench at home.
  • Options
    yippee - we finally agree on something, Henry.

Its criminal having only 2 strikers in a squad of 16. More strikers, more goals
  • Options
    It's like having Kevin Keegan on board in golfie, but I suspect Keegan is more there mentally then Golfie
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]yippee - we finally agree on something, Henry.

More strikers, more goals

Perhaps we should play more than two at once then how about Three or Four ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]yippee - we finally agree on something, Henry.

Its criminal having only 2 strikers in a squad of 16. More strikers, more goals

Not quite criminal and more strikers doesn't automatically mean more goals. Sheff Utd played with one forward last night and scored three. QED?

Having more strikers just gives you more attacking options. it also means you have fewer defensive options. at home I think, for the little that is worth, that we should err on the side of attack. Away or depending on who we are playing it's different.
  • Options
    He didn't specify which team was scoring them!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]He didn't specify which team was scoring them!

LOL

If both sides had to play 11 strikers that would bring the crowds back.
  • Options
    Not a Jerome fan of late, but have to say he was nearly back to his best against Preston and the Blades. I thought Reid was tripe in both games in all honesty, but he cant do any wrong can he......if you dish it out to one then maybe we should dish it out to all. Overall as I said previously, its not that were rubbish, we just seemed ineffective, and a couple of players were just not worthy of a starting place......why have so many bloody midfielders in the squad and not play them when their are people out there who are out of form or out of condition. I thought Bougherra looked good in midfield....not saying he is the answer though....maybe Moo2 and Racon instead of Reid and Sam.....have them do a cameo from the bench...Cant be any worse than Tuesdays effort, not that it was bad like QPR and Plymouth.