Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

first pint bought. how old/where?

Comments

• Options
    16 in either the William Camden opposite Bexleyheath station or the Moon and Sixpence in Welling. In fact i don't think anyone was much older than 16-17 in the Moon anyway
  • Options
    16 - The Ram in Catford. Terrible old man's pub but it became our local for 3-4 years until a change of management.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Rumour has it that Stu of SE7 has never bought a pint...

I guess you was drinking imaginary beer last night then....
  • Options
    16 - The Guy of warwick in welling.
  • Options
    I was 14 and we used to drink Black velvet stout and cider in a little pub called The Lamb down by the Medway in Maidstone town centre. It was more like a youth club, had pinball tables and bar billiards etc to keep us ammused and it kept us off the streets.
    Would wobble home after two pints of that stuff (some things never change!).
  • Options
    1974 I was 14, I think the pub was called the Forresters Arms in Upper Wickham Lane Welling/Plumstead borders.....had two pints of bitter....22p a pint. I used to go in their regularly with Clive Smith....we even went in on one occasion with our school jackets on....those were the days. Did all the Welling Pubs...Nags Head, Guy, Glenmore Arms...the trendy pub down Wrotham Road on a Saturday night, hoping one of your mates was a bit flush and would buy you a drink...
    :-)
  • Options
    1985 - 15 - The Gloucester - King William Walk SE10
  • Options
    Would have been about 2001 when I was 15 in Frames Snooker Club Bromley Road Downham.
  • Options
    15 - Station Hotel Sidcup 1972 (The old building was knocked down years ago)

Place was run by an old couple called Jack and Vi. God what a shit hole. Fray Bentos tins for ashtrays. Light and Bitter at about 12p. I distinctly remember buying a round of 7 pints and getting change from a £1 note. Mind you my mate had just started work and was earning £11 per week. Got a visit from the Police one day, literally everybody in the bar was underage. You could hear a pin drop as they walked in,strolled around a bit and then walked out again without a word being said.
  • Options
    16 in the Camden

I still get asked my age now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    15 - Somewhere in the sticks in Yorkshire on a Duke of Edinburgh trip.

A couple of weeks later got over confident and tried to get a pint in the punch n judy in Covent Garden on a school trip and literally got laughed out of the pub.
  • Options
    Brixton Academy - I was about 15 years old.
  • Options
    14- Coach and horses somewhere on the Monmouth and Breacon canal. My Dad bought me a pint and then said "It's your round sunshine" off I nervously went to perchase 2 pints of Wadworths 6X. Ahh the look of pride on the old mans face.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]16 in the Camden

I still get asked my age now.

they think you should have a free bus pass that's why
  • Options
    15 - cutty sark, greenwich.
  • Options
    I'm amazed that I've not seen any references to the Golden Lion in Bexleyheath.
  • Options
    15 - Earl of Chatham, Woolwich
  • Options
    Popped my pub cherry at The Salutation in Dartford at 15.

It was probably a Hofmeister, Skol or some piss like that, so it was probably all over in seconds and I didnt feel a thing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sir John Humphrey[/cite]Popped my pub cherry at The Salutation in Dartford at 15.

It was probably a Hofmeister, Skol or some piss like that, so it was probably all over in seconds and I didnt feel a thing.

Where is/was The Salutation?..I'm a Dartford boy but cannot remember that..
  • Options
    Think mine was Captain Morgans in Bexleyheath when I was about 16, still get I.D.'d now 8 years later. I actually got I.D.'s buying a pint in the ground at the Valley, don't think I've ever been more embarrassed!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I got asked for ID two weeks ago in M&S in Bexleyheath trying to buy a bottle of Bellini and a Bucks fizz.

the woman behind me in the queue thought jeremy beadle was about to pop out it was such a joke, and the woman who wouldn't sell me it said that ALL persons buying alcohol had to show id. even my 86 yr old nan. how ridiculous. if i went into a shop and asked for an ID card as i had to prove i was 27 i'd be laughed out of the shop!
  • Options
    i once got asked for ID putting a bet on at Crayford Dogs. Wouldn't mind, but i was about 24 and had a pint in my other hand !
  • Options
    abroad probably about 13 in barbados

in england around 15, regularly by 16
  • Options
    The Salutation, Gump, was down where Lower Heath lane meets Highfield Road by theroundabout and school.It was a shitehole and got knocked down a few years back.Dont know what it is now,probably flats, have not been back for a while.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    an old school teacher of mine got asked for I.D. at 31 in New York, he looked about 50!
  • Options
    The first I remember was around 15 on a Cricket tour of East Anglia. We were in a Bar in a Sports Centre in Cambridge. A pint of Carlsberg and Lime. Pretty nonsey eh?
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I get asked for id a lot in the States - and it is not unusual for anyone looking under 40 to get carded. They take the whole under-age drinking thing a bit more seriously here.
  • Options
    Aged 15 in the Crown in Blackheath, pint of Fosters, though some of my mates had been drinking in there for a while before that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sir John Humphrey[/cite]The Salutation, Gump, was down where Lower Heath lane meets Highfield Road by theroundabout and school.It was a shitehole and got knocked down a few years back.Dont know what it is now,probably flats, have not been back for a while.

Ha, ha...I remember now...it is flats...
  • Options
    "i once got asked for ID putting a bet on at Crayford Dogs. Wouldn't mind, but i was about 24 and had a pint in my other hand !"

To be fair Barts, they could probably only see the top of your head!!