Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

first pint bought. how old/where?

13»

Comments

• Options
    says Hightower there..... :-)
  • Options
    Fair point mate!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sir John Humphrey[/cite]The Salutation, Gump, was down where Lower Heath lane meets Highfield Road by theroundabout and school.It was a shitehole and got knocked down a few years back.Dont know what it is now,probably flats, have not been back for a while.
    It is indeed, used to be owned by a close family friend, Jonny Harvey.

He now owns The Rose in Bexleyheath, his son Simon works in there who is married to my aunt!
  • Options
    I remember Jon.He probably served me my first pint.Has he got a finger missing or is my memory just crap ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sir John Humphrey[/cite]Has he got a finger missing or is my memory just crap ?
    i really don't know, i only ever went into the sally as a very young nipper and pop into The Rose now and again. i'll count his digits next time
  • Options
    A pint of Sam Smiths at 52p in 1981 - Hansom Cab pub in York

I now think Sam Smiths is the worst beer in the world - didn't know any better then
  • Options
    First wage packet when i was 16 years old in 1979, took home 51.00 pound a week spent all night in The Three Compasses in Bromley,sick as a dog on larger and black.
  • Options
    Just 16 - Guy Earl of Warwick in Welling, next to what was then Bexley United's ground.
    It was 1971, I was just earning and a light & bitter was 9p.

You try telling that to the kids of today - and they won't believe you. :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Just 16 - Guy Earl of Warwick in Welling, next to what was then Bexley United's ground.
    It was 1971, I was just earning and a light & bitter was 9p.

You try telling that to the kids of today - and they won't believe you. :o)

On yer bike ;-)
  • Options
    LOL - great topic

15 in the King's Arms in Greenwich. Sat round with four of my mates and five straws...

"A cup of beer please barkeep!"