Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scarves

Starting to notice it more and more on the way to work in the mornings.

Scarves.

Blokes.

Wrong.

Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    If the bloke is Doctor Who then it is ok:-)
  • Options
    Scarf + Man Bag = Wide berth.
  • Options
    Scarf- No Problem for me- That'll be the time of year Leroy.. :-)

Man Bag- Really not sure..

Scarf and Manbag- I'm with SJH
  • Options
    Ketman wears a scarf. Nuff said...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Starting to notice it more and more on the way to work in the mornings.

Scarves.

Blokes.

Wrong.

Discuss.

As oppossed to??

Leggings, rosettes ... bow ties?
  • Options
    No problem with Scarves

The ones i find funny was in early Oct they wear one with short sleeved shirt
  • Options
    Decent looking scarves are useful fashion accessory.

As for Man Bags don't think I have ever seen one....oh no yes I have Rothko was wearing one at Football the other day !
  • Options
    I'm a scarf and Man bag man... whats your point caller?!
  • Options
    A scarf is fine on a man IF and it is a BIG IF it is folded across the chest under a coat or jacket or even in extreme wether tied like a winsdor knot

If you make a loop and slot one end through then NO NO NO. :-)
  • Options
    Wearing a scarf in West Ham colours, to the Valley, is also unacceptable
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've still got my first ever charlton scarf, circa 1965...... ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]A scarf is fine on a man IF and it is a BIG IF it is folded across the chest under a coat or jacket or even in extreme wether tied like a winsdor knot

If you make a loop and slot one end through then NO NO NO. :-)
    Phew...and thought it was just me and that I was becoming long in the tooth and out of touch wiv da kidz
  • Options
    Talking of scarves, a few seasons ago I was in a rush to get to a match. It was winter and cold. I grabbed a scarf and went to the Valley. At half time a bloke I vaguely knew siddled up and said, why was I wearing a Celtic scarf? The scarf happened to be green and white, and was a present. I was told that I could have got into trouble by wearing it!!!!

Its a green scarf and Celtic and Rangers have as much influence on my life as Tom and Jerry. I still dont get it ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Wearing a scarf in West Ham colours, to the Valley, is also unacceptable

It is in Fact Arsenal Centenary Redcurrant Red ie roots from woolwich :-)
  • Options
    i remember going to oxford united away in 1984-5ish we lost 5-0 or 5-1 and it was absolutely freezing and some charlton fan offered me £5 for me scarf that wouldn't have warmed him up anyway but i turned him down , i lost the scarf a few game's later!!
  • Options
    I was also at Oxford 1984. Got gubbed 5-0, then we got Spurs Away in the 3rd round cup draw.

I am surprised the club has never done the scarf thing that the Geordies did.

Get a company (that hopefully won't go bust) to sponsor it. . .
  • Options
    i currently wear a paul smith multi-coloured number with matching socks.
  • Options
    'Scarf + Man Bag = Wide berth'

Scarf + Man Bag = Wide Gerth
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Wearing a scarf in West Ham colours, to the Valley, is also unacceptable

who's that Cunning Stunt
  • Options
    I wore a fur coat to Oxford once, the game we won 2-1 ... saw Timmy Mallit as well that day ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]I wore a fur coat to Oxford once, the game we won 2-1 ... saw Timmy Mallit as well that day ....

Wack a day that must've been
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]

who's that Cunning Stunt

Our very own Ketman... and there's photographic evidence to prove it too
  • Options
    i dunno you bumPkins and your one up man ship games on here.

Ketman sort it out bin the scarf
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Talking of scarves, a few seasons ago I was in a rush to get to a match. It was winter and cold. I grabbed a scarf and went to the Valley. At half time a bloke I vaguely knew siddled up and said, why was I wearing a Celtic scarf? The scarf happened to be green and white, and was a present. I was told that I could have got into trouble by wearing it!!!!

Its a green scarf and Celtic and Rangers have as much influence on my life as Tom and Jerry. I still dont get it ...

pathetic innit.
    we bought a scottish friend to a game last year... someone actually "sidled" up to ian at half time as well and asked him what he thought he was doing bring a celtic fan into the valley and that it wasnt a good move. what a laugh.
  • Options
    I got terrorised (and I mean terrorised) in a pub by one of our v.older 'faces' at Leicester one year.

For wearing a green jacket. . . . .
  • Options
    I wear a scarf sometimes and use a bag to get stuff about when I need to and I couldn't give flying f**k if some of you think it is wrong. Get a life!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]I wear a scarf sometimes and use a bag to get stuff about when I need to and I couldn't give flying f**k if some of you think it is wrong. Get a life!

Plastic Bags don't count mate !
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I think this is the oddest thing I've heard in a while.
    You're having a go at blokes who wear scarves! give me a break.

If i look back into the seventies when some of you guys were probably wearing felt suits, kipper ties and bell bottoms....
    Now there's where fashion went wrong! ........ but keeping warm and wearing a scarve!! i don't think so.

However, manbags are definatley very wrong.... even if your a student. You should get a bloody rucksack!
  • Options
    rucksacks on public transport? NO THANKS!

at least a man bag can be reasonably flat and easy to manouver! anyone else been smacked in the face or barged by some inconsiderate a-hole with his rucksack packed and on both shoulders barging anyone and everyone out of the way.

same as rucksacks or leather jackets in the crowds at gigs. use the cloakroom!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]rucksacks on public transport? NO THANKS!

at least a man bag can be reasonably flat and easy to manouver! anyone else been smacked in the face or barged by some inconsiderate a-hole with his rucksack packed and on both shoulders barging anyone and everyone out of the way.

same as rucksacks or leather jackets in the crowds at gigs. use the cloakroom![/quote]

What about short people with umbrellas, taking your eyes out when they walk passed.