Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mother in laws

2»

Comments

• Options
    Granpa said:

I loved my MIL so much that I went out and bought her a Jaguar. Worked brilliantly as well, bit her the first night she had it !

That's good !
  • Options

My mil is fantastic. Since my mum died in august she is the closest i have to a mum. She knows that as well, and promised my mum she would always look out for me.

Really nice post that Damo.

I'm not married but have been with my missus quite a while. Her mum is genuinely one of the kindest and loveliest people I've had the pleasure to meet.

She is a fantastic cook as well, always look forward to going over for Sunday lunch and she makes a point of getting me a selection of real ales to try out.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    My in laws are right Norfolk folk. They live in a static caravan on a farm and the dad spends most of his day chopping wood and smoking roll ups and getting drunk in the evenings on red wine. He also has a habit of crying when he's pissed. The mother in law is your typical loud, dramatic, opinionated bird but she's harmless really. They're not really my sort of people and I'm not really their's (I'm sure they would have prefered a wealthy 'young farmer' to a 'townie from London') so conversations are limited but we get on perfectly fine.
  • Options
    My inlaws have both passed away now.

We could have a vigorous exchange of views but essentially we pulled in the same direction.

They were wonderful people and I miss them.
  • Options
    My first one was definitely not of this world. Second one is a vast improvement. Similar with their daughters.
  • Options
    Can you trade them in...