Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TV shows you've been on/been to see

ScoSco
edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
Anyone out there been on or been to see a TV show being made?

I once was in the audience for Have I Got News For You, which was good fun.

I also saw a "sit" (I have removed the "com" part to avoid being misleading) called "Eyes Down". Having to fake laugh when they redo a scene when it wasn't funny the first time round became tedious. Bizarrely saw John Harley (ex Chelsea left back) in the audience.

Comments

• Watched a few recordings- Room 101 and the like. Alan Sugar was one of them- god he was a dour guest.

Been on Blue Peter as part of an eight piece trombone ensemble- it was about 1983 and Sarah Greene was gorgeous.

Done Pebble Mill a few times as well- music again. Fabulous BBC hospitality which normally resulted with a hangover on the train back from Birmingham
  • edited November 2007
    LOL - pebbermill!!

I was on TFI Friday, that was good. In the bar getting smashed with that Ginger bloke.
  • Been in the audience for: Have I got news for you, Alan Carr's Celebrity Ding Dong (out in Jan) Question of Sport & Saturday Night at The Palladium (with Brucie)
  • I saw some terrible programme with Bobby Davro about travelling around the country. I don't remember laughing much.

Also been on Later with Jools Holland. Was great. saw lots of good artists, although pete doherty let a door go in my face as we left the studio.

Was also on going live when the underwood brothers and rebeckah elmalogolu was on it. I had to dance with Trev and Simon to the "Pot fish" sketch.

Nearly got to see Parky as we had tickets, but queued up by waterloo (and saw Steve Jones hanging around outside trying to get thing signed) but it was full up so we went to the pub instead.
  • Been to Jonathan Ross - a few years ago when it was still quite fresh. Main guest was James Nesbitt, who I'd always liked until then, but he turned out to be a boring plastic Man U fan - very dull. Alistair Mcgowan was also on and he was much better.
  • ... and saw Steve Jones hanging around outside trying to get thing signed

Which thing?
  • was an audience member of blind date years ago , they were filming the christmas episode in october!
    also in the audience for 'your face or mine' june sarpong (i think that's her name) and that carr bloke were the presenters , he was very funny and she wasn't
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]was an audience member of blind date years ago , they were filming the christmas episode in october!
    also in the audience for 'your face or mine' june sarpong (i think that's her name) and that carr bloke were the presenters , he was very funny and she wasn't

Jimmy or Alan Carr? One's funny, one isn't - and not in that order...
  • Jimmy Carr did the C4 staff quiz a couple of years ago and was hilarious but not as funny as the one that Simon Amstell did.
  • the bloke with the very dry sense of humour who makes a few cutting remarks about contestants on his shows
  • Sponsored links:

• been on Match of the Day a couple of times.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]the bloke with the very dry sense of humour who makes a few cutting remarks about contestants on his shows

O Bin Laden on "I'm a celebrity hostage, get me out of here?"
  • me and a few lads , inc ABS from Manchester who was a very late substitute, went on the ITV Digital game show which was then ditched. Can't remember what it was called and had some scouse git presenting it an Evertonian who was on Brookside Simon something.

It was a good laugh if anything but for the piss up on the saturday evening in Manchester.

Weeks later ITV Digital went down the pan and don't think it was ever aired. One of the lads got told off for doing a wanker sign behind an opposing fans back as we were coming out of the "tunnel" as it was caught on the film and we had to re do it.
  • Jonathon Ross - with the little hobbit from Lost and Pete Docherty - who was smashed and just out of court on drugs charges.

It was the Zutons doing the original 'valerie'. Then Pete Docherty did his song and blew everyone away. I was shocked with how good a stage presence he had... Very compelling during his interview as well.
    Everytime i've seen him since he looks terrible and can't appear to sing at all. He's very much a live act IMO.
  • Saw an episode of One Foot in the Grave being filmed, and also went to see Wogan when they did a special for Spike Milligan's 70th Birthday. You can also see me in The League of Gentlemen live at Drury Lane DVD, when Herr Lipp comes into the audience and takes the piss out of my friend who I was sitting next to.
  • And how could I forget this one?
    Back in 1993, Italy and Scotland were in the same World Cup qualifying group again. Italy needed to win (or was it draw) the final match v Scotland to qualify, but Scotland were already out. We went to watch the match at our favourite local Italian restaurant in Glasgow. BBC Scotland were there, filming a documentary on Italian Scots.

Italy won the game and we went off on holiday, only to return to find that the trailer for the programme had been all over the TV - with me and Mr Weegie sitting proudly at the front of the restaurant, in Italian shirts, cheering for Italy...didn't go down too well among our Scottish work colleagues, it has to be said...
  • Went to a recording of Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps at the BBC a few years ago. A bit of an eye opener as to how many times they have to reshoot scenes due to forgotten or messed up lines. Was pretty funny though, Ralf Little and Will Mellor are proper jokers.

Like Sco says though, it's hard work laughing at a gag on it's 10th re-run
  • sat in audience of jonathon ross the last resort a couple of times. he had sandra bernhard and introduced her as sarah bernhardt.she got annoyed and the audience all ooooohd her and she walked over and stuck her middle finger to us.then she was just heckled by pretty much everyone.

also have i got news for you.paul merton is very very sharp indeed.
  • Saturday Swap Shop (or whatever it was called) with Noel Edmonds, The Belle Stars were the guest band and yes it was a long time ago. Even longer ago - was in the audience for Crackerjack and we all got the famous pencil and pen....
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Went to a recording of Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps at the BBC a few years ago. A bit of an eye opener as to how many times they have to reshoot scenes due to forgotten or messed up lines. Was pretty funny though, Ralf Little and Will Mellor are proper jokers.[/quote]

I went out for a drink with Ralf as my mate knows him through AFC wimbledon (Howard centre back) where he trained or something... and I can vouch that he is a proper joker,... funny funny fella.
  • Sponsored links:

• BDLBDL
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Albertan_Addick[/cite]Saturday Swap Shop (or whatever it was called) with Noel Edmonds, The Belle Stars were the guest band and yes it was a long time ago. Even longer ago - was in the audience for Crackerjack and we all got the famous pencil and pen....

CRACKERJACK

(Lifers under a certain age will have no idea what I'm on about.)

Oh Been on Match of the Day, The Premiership, The Championship, Sky Monday Night Football, Sky Super Sunday, Sky Football special and Guinness World Records with Ian Wright
  • When at school we had a tour of the BBC Television Centre. We were allowed in 'the gallery' while they were recording a episode of Dad's Army.

I've been in the audience for have I got news for you and a channel 4 thing called Loose Talk recorded at the Albany Empire.

I've been on Soccer AM three times as a fan of the week, did the catwalk.

Oh, and Mastermind.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Albertan_Addick[/cite]Saturday Swap Shop (or whatever it was called) with Noel Edmonds, The Belle Stars were the guest band and yes it was a long time ago. Even longer ago - was in the audience for Crackerjack and we all got the famous pencil and pen....[/quote]

CRACKERJACK!!!
  • "Been in the audience for: Have I got news for you, Alan Carr's Celebrity Ding Dong (out in Jan) Question of Sport & Saturday Night at The Palladium (with Brucie)"

I've also been to see soccer am being filmed which was a good laugh. Had a chance to have a go at kicking the ball through the hole and nailed it first time!
  • was on the original hotel babylon music show thing on itv with dani behr watching shed seven . Was also on the tv in the town hall celebrating the yes vote for our valley return

once went out with a lass that was on mallets mallet

mate of meself les and suze was the irish fella on that bringing up baby thing on channel 4 recently
  • I think I can do worse than Crackerjack.

I went to see Basil Brush........with the Cubs
  • i was on the GMTV weather, they presented it from the Isle of Man with Norman WIsdom and i was standing just behind him, must have been about 12 years ago
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]I think I can do worse than Crackerjack.

I went to see Basil Brush........with the Cubs[/quote]

BOOM BOOM !!
  • My Missus is in the video for "New Song" by Howard Jones...

Does that mean anything to anybody?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]My Missus is in the video for "New Song" by Howard Jones...

Does that mean anything to anybody?

Which one is the Missus, then?

I remember Howard Jones. Being, a bit of a rocker, I used to hate this type of music

Howard Jones - New Song