Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV shows you've been on/been to see

2»

Comments

• Options
    Been to see Soccer AM, The Allsports show, Never Mind the Buzzcocks and Thursday just gone I went to see Would I Lie To You.
  • Options
    Was interviewed by Football Focus before Welling v Blackburn, and on Newsroom South East before the Town Hall decision.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]When at school we had a tour of the BBC Television Centre. We were allowed in 'the gallery' while they were recording a episode of Dad's Army.

I've been in the audience for have I got news for you and a channel 4 thing called Loose Talk recorded at the Albany Empire.

I've been on Soccer AM three times as a fan of the week, did the catwalk.

Oh, and Mastermind.

Was on Soccer AM in the mid 90s. Still have a tape somewhere. Was on with Gonad, Martin Lack and I can't remember who else now.

Done lots of radio but I've got the face for that.
  • Options
    I was in the background on an OB for the Jerry Springer show once when I was in Chicago.
  • Options
    I went to see The Sooty Show live once when I was young.....and I seem to recall Button Moon at the town hall in Crayford too!

My wife had a picture on Tony Hart's Gallery - now that is cooooool!
  • Options
    I was recently interviewed by Korean Television it was quite a surreal experience.
  • Options
    I was interviewed on French TV at Le Mans a few years ago. Whilst I can speak French reasonably well, anyone who knows me will tell you that my hearing is less than perfect and it was a bit of a shambles. I don't think it was used!
  • Options
    I was interviewed on the way into an Ulster rugby match in Belfast once by Sky. The journo grabbed me because he saw the Charlton badge on my jacket and wondered what I was doing there rather than being at at a Charlton match (sound familiar, Medders?).

Ulster won their European Cup semi-final that day, while CAFC lost 3-1 at Southampton. Think I made the right choice - not that there was much choice, though, as it was all part of visiting the in-laws...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I was interviewed on the way into an Ulster rugby match in Belfast once by Sky. The journo grabbed me because he saw the Charlton badge on my jacket and wondered what I was doing there rather than being at at a Charlton match (sound familiar, Medders?).

Ulster won their European Cup semi-final that day, while CAFC lost 3-1 at Southampton. Think I made the right choice - not that there was much choice, though, as it was all part of visiting the in-laws...

Sounds very familiar! There's now also a Facebook group to honour my splitting activities...

I made the right choice too... ;-)
  • Options
    Went and saw Never Mind the Buzzcocks when Amy WInehouse was on it and was surprised by how funny she was, even though she was off her nut! Simon Amstell is the man though, was great the time Preston from the Ordinary Boys walked off the show!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was on "Top Banana" as the guitarist in the band behind the banana tree. Fame hasn't changed me!
  • Options
    sky sports news.
    whilst queueing for operation riverside tickets, sky were doing a peice on the freebie.
    being 'at work' whilst queueing (for ages), i was aware of the presence of the cameras and had been successful in avoiding them for about an hour. however i took my eye off the ball for 1 split second and lost sight of the cameraman. in a calm panic i stuck my head out of the cue to find said camera about 3 ft away pointing in my direction. 15 mins later numerous phone calls (none from work) saying they'd seen me on ssn.
    came home and saw the item (repeated every half hour) and i wouldn't have stood out more if i was dressed as mr claypole from rentaghost attending a funeral.
  • Options
    Off to see All Star Family Fortunes being recorded tonight with Vernon Kay. I know , its not the greatest show in the world but the tickets were free and it's a day out. I'm actually looking forward to it.
  • Options
    saw the first episode of They Think It's All Over being filmed.

Quite funny as obviously had no idea what it was like - had Lineker, Gower, Lee Hurst, Rory McGrath,Roger Black and someone else on it.
  • Options
    Many years ago my school appeared on a programme called 'hey look that's me' but I think it was only on BBC South! Step-daughter was on Wild last Saturday on CBBC.
  • Options

Off to see All Star Family Fortunes being recorded tonight with Vernon Kay. I know , its not the greatest show in the world but the tickets were free and it's a day out. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Well, you do live in Biggleswade mate...

Went to Pointless a couple of years back (a mate is make up artist on it), a couple of Fantasy Football league shows, Oh Boy and Lets Rock back in the eighties and Babes In The Wood about twenty years ago (another mate was working on that too) sat in the front row in my Addicks shirt and between takes Karl Howman came over for a chat when he saw it. I forgot to remind him about it when he came to my bar to watch a Charlton game a few years ago. Not sure he would have remembered anyway... :-p
  • Options
    What was that programme on Channel 5 with Suggs where everyone sings?

I got dragged onto that once. Worst hour of my life!!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

... and saw Steve Jones hanging around outside trying to get thing signed

Which thing?

A Clive mendonca shirt... christ Suzi what a weird post from 2007!!!

A very old bump this. And i cant believe I didnt write on it since it was still fresh that me, Tavern and Vince had been interviewed in the Oak by Football Focus I think that year or near then. Actually would it have been Jan 2007? Dowie was manager and we were bottom. I must dig that dvd out.
  • Options
    Been to a few.

Recently went to see two episodes of the new Dave Gorman show "Modern Life is Goodish" being filmed. Have previously been to see QI, Whose Line is it Anyway and a few years back The Cut & The Word.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Anybody been on Crimewatch or is it a case of "can't say" :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I got through to swap shop in the 70's and spoke to Noel and some guy (Tony something) who did nature programmes. Used to try and get through for the whole time it was on every week. Was the talk of the playground on Monday as everyone used to watch it.
  • Options
    I was on some kids programme called tricky tv , got pranked ( got asked to hit a pinyata wen they put the blind fold on me they took it away) I stood there for 5 minutes wondering where the hell it had gone! Lol.
  • Options
    Been to see Top Gear recorded, Clarkson, Hammond and Captain Slow would do their bit and video be played over screens whilst those three smoked in a back room. Tea and Crisps were provided.

Was good fun.
  • Options
    Ben in the audience for Baddiel & Skinner unplanned. Also Frank Skinner when he was the subject on This is Your Life.

Also been to the PDC World Champs at the Ally Pally loads of times which the way it is set up is effectively like being part of a TV audience!
  • Options
    Its a knockout back in 77/78 when it came to crawley, my old man was a steward and met Eddie Waring and the wrong un
  • Options
    I was featured on Police 5 keep em peeled
  • Options
    I did Soccer am about 11 years ago - Paddy Mcguiness and his mate the ex Bolton / Ireland player were the guests. Good few pints with them after. Lovejoy was a wally.
  • Options
    I got to 'come on down' on The Price is Right in 2005 with Joe Pasquale at Granada studios.
    Won bugger all - couldnt figure how much a pewter jug was !
    Was a fun afternoon though.