Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ambrose praises the fans

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
"We had been under a lot of pressure at home, but the fans were fantastic. They really stuck with us and we repaid them with a good performance. I mananged to score my goals too"

Comments

• Options
    I never thought I would ever hear that from him!
  • Options
    Just goes to show the players respond to good support from the fans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Just goes to show the players respond to good support from the fans.
    so hopefully the 400 we have at west brom sound like the 2k that the team want and sometimes deserve;-(
  • Options
    OohAah, What time you leaving for The Hawthorns?

oh.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]OohAah, What time you leaving for The Hawthorns?

oh.
    same time as you.... can't make it got an important vets game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Just goes to show the players respond to good support from the fans.
    so hopefully the 400 we have at west brom sound like the 2k that the team want and sometimes deserve;-(

A dig at the number of travelling fans from OohAhh? Didn't see that coming...
  • Options
    i just think the team deserve better away support imo and admittedly i don't travel to many away fixtures anymore but that doen't mean i can't heap praise on the travelling few that go and wonder why we bring so few compared to most teams , the numbers don't add up home support compared to away support ratio
  • Options
    I think this weekend in particular the attendances are going to suffer for other reasons.

Penultimate shopping week before Christmas, everyone's a bit hard up due to funds being diverted towards Xmas activities, early kick off, on Sky, everyone's been out on the lash all week and it's fecking cold!
  • Options
    And there a lots of important vets fixtures this weekend
  • Options
    Knew I'd forgotten one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really didn't go to many we were in the premiership, but mainly because we had to put up with Curbishley's inane crap (where you always knew there was a massive chance the team wouldn't turn up). Been to loads this year and I think more people are catching on. Would we take any more to West Brom if this was last year and a premiership fixture? Away support seems to be improving, in my opinion.

And I honestly don't think you have a right to moan about it if you don't attend yourself.
  • Options
    what an arse kisser... keep your gob shut and start putting in some consistency would be my preference.

:)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]

And I honestly don't think you have a right to moan about it if you don't attend yourself.

i haven't played for charlton can i moan about them??

fair play to you and everyone who keeps going away i dough my cap to you but i'm just pointing out it's not good enough the numbers we bring away... i've been to many away games in the past(away season ticket holder 98-99, not many can claim that) and will go to a fair few in the future so i think my opinion/moan comes with some credence
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]

i haven't played for charlton can i moan about them??

fair play to you and everyone who keeps going away i dough my cap to you but i'm just pointing out it's not good enough the numbers we bring away... i've been to many away games in the past(away season ticket holder 98-99, not many can claim that) and will go to a fair few in the future so i think my opinion/moan comes with some credence

Yes, you have the right to moan, but unless you are going to actively do something about it (and going yourself would at least increase attendances by 1), then continuing to moan is counter-productive, all you are doing is boring most people and antagonising the rest.

How can away attendances be increased, what can you, us and the club do about it? Moaning about it won't change a thing, actively campaigning to encourage more fans to go and/or to get the club to run initiatives would be a far better use of a)the time you spend moaning and b)the time we waste when yet another thread gets hijacked by this increasingly dull subject.
  • Options
    why exaggerate the downside though ooaah ie, whinge about 400 when it was posted that yesterday morning 550 had been sold.

We'll have 700-800 there, which given the circumstances i think is alright, as has nearly every one of our away turnouts this year barring Stoke.
  • Options
    Considering its just before Xmas and on Sky and a 12:45 KO I think 7/800 is a pretty turnout.

Anyone remember the corresponding feature last season? Boro away...2/300
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]I think 7/800 is a pretty turnout.

Is everyone getting dressed up and putting their make-up on, then, especially for the TV cameras?
  • Options
    sorry if i made a mistake with the numbers, we're not all perfect
  • Options
    Out of interest, what would you consider to be a decent turnout tomorrow?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]sorry if i made a mistake with the numbers, we're not all perfect

So youre basing your moan on assumption rather than any fact then?

You still haven't addressed whether you think 7/800, considering other factors, would be a decent turnout or are you just criticising for criticism sake?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Out of interest, what would you consider to be a decent turnout tomorrow?

if this was a home game and WBA only filled a quarter of the jimmy seed stand you could garauntee the 'your support is f**king s**t' & is that all you take away' songs from us.

**puts head in hands and cringes**
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Out of interest, what would you consider to be a decent turnout tomorrow?

if this was a home game and WBA only filled a quarter of the jimmy seed stand you could garauntee the 'your support is f**king s**t' & is that all you take away' songs from us.

**puts head in hands and cringes**

Yeh but thats just banter..............
  • Options
    Is it me or does that not even make any sense? Moaning about our away support that we don't take enough away, while declaring that you won't be going yourself? Talk about say one thing and do another. I'll be there Saturday because actions are louder than words!
  • Options
    Take your head out of your hands - we don't sing anymore! ;-) Agreed that is a bit cringeworthy.

I honestly am interested in what OohAhh would consider to be a decent turnout tomorrow, he's obviously a proper fan and this is obviously a big issue so all sarcasm aside genuinely wonder what sort of level of away attendance you think would be OK?
  • Options
    I wont, but you wont find me moaning about the attendance levels.

Good on those that go and I hope you enjoy the game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Take your head out of your hands - we don't sing anymore! ;-) Agreed that is a bit cringeworthy.

I honestly am interested in what OohAhh would consider to be a decent turnout tomorrow, he's obviously a proper fan and this is obviously a big issue so all sarcasm aside genuinely wonder what sort of level of away attendance you think would be OK?

don't know about oohahh, but the fact that we have probably trebled our home support (bit of a guess) in the last 15-20 years, but the away turnouts have stayed put.
    imo 2nd v 3rd, 4 away wins on the bounce, on tele or not we should not be taking less than 10% of our home fans.
  • Options
    So back to topic - do you think Ambrose will be praising the fans on Saturday?
  • Options
    23 hours ago.....? What's that about Barts or Lookie?
  • Options
    Your post ripped the time/space continuum.
  • Options
    Wow! a bit like Dr Who or Startrek you mean?

Does that mean I'm a time traveller? I could tell everyone that we won promotion & the FA Cup this season......

And that Chris Dickson & Izale McLeod finished joint leading goalscorer.