Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell & Holland

2»

Comments

• Options
    we could have played 3 central defenders at the back today ,with another midfielder playing if sir chris was not fit another.Did our scouts not go 2 see west brom play leading up 2 this game , the times i,v seen west brom highlights this season they always get the ball over 2 the far post. If we still had H H playing that would not have happened. Bring on the january transfer window.
  • Options
    agree with fish, holland is and has been so overrated. today we could have lost 7-2 or won 5-3 it was a good game to watch. West Brom did look good and i think will go on and win the league, but in this league anybody can beat anybody just look at burnley losing to the bottom 2 at home this week. I just hope the injuries we picked up today wernt that bad.
  • Options
    I think Holland has been a cut above since comming back from injury and playing with passion and commitment
  • Options
    it's just a few people defending their position from 3/4 seasons ago.just wait for the curbs out merchants from to reappear now he has lost 2 on the bounce.seeing as they told us he was no good,7 years ago ffs.
  • Options
    Holland played well yesterday and i thought was m o m against Ipswich

agree with comments above though why were the team not prepard for that far post ball whcih has been a major weapon of west brom this season

nothing lost in losing to them. they will be champions and we are def in mix for the play offs and with a creative midfielder to play with Holland and a goalscorer coming in jan second is pos too
  • Options
    I cannot be critical of Holland because, whether he is effective or not, his attitude, determination and effort for the team is always 200%. Whether he is picked is down to the manager. As it happens I think he has been one of more effective performers in the past few games. I worry when he comes up against the kind of tall, strong, athletic physical players that are around more and more these days that he has enough about him to stop them but one things certain, he won't bottle it.

As for Sir Chris - legend - FACT. I will not criticise a player who has given everything to this club, both on and off the pitch. I have no doubt that he played whilst not being anything like 100% fit yesterday. Again that is down to the manager to decide whether he is the best option on the day.
  • Options
    It makes me smile when people praise Holland for giving 100%. For me the test of a decent player is how they react when things are going against you. Holland has always been the same, good when things are going for us, disappers completly when when they aren't.
  • Options
    For Holland today read Keith Jones 10 years ago, they are players that quietly get on with their job and are loved or hated
  • Options
    Fish mate, were you really watching the same game?? Do you also think that Hatton actually outboxed Mayweather, and was just "unlucky"????

Holland did alright on sat, and as said before has only played two or three games since injury. In fact, him and Reid were the only midfielders in the game for us. Where were ambrose and Thomas? Now they are guys who go missing when things get heavy!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]It makes me smile when people praise Holland for giving 100%. For me the test of a decent player is how they react when things are going against you. Holland has always been the same, good when things are going for us, disappers completly when when they aren't.

We all have differing opinions but in my view the last thing you can accuse Holland of is hiding. Did he disappear last season after coming back from injury? No he was truely up for the fight. I was really impressed with his battling qualities last year.