Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reid out for six to eight weeks :-(

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
Blimey, that's going to be a massive loss.

We just can't keep this bloke fit.....

Comments

• Options
    And no ZZ or Varney now it appears Saturday, although Big Chris maybe fit.

Tis bad news.
  • Options
    I wonder if resting Reidy for a game or two a few weeks back would have prolonged his fitness.
  • Options
    We all knew that it was going to happen. Who will replace him on sat Racon was injured against Brighton reserves. Arter or Wright ?
  • Options
    I don't think any of us seriously expected him to make it injury free all season given his fitness (lack of) throughout his career.

Ambrose (his own fitness permitting) has a real opportunity to make a name for himself in centre midfield in the absence of Reid.

Once again it becomes a test of character for the squad.
  • Options
    But Ambrose came off with a groin against West Brom - and doubtful for Sat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]But Ambrose came off with a groin against West Brom - and doubtful for Sat.
    thats lucky, i'd be worried if he was missing a groin. ;-)
  • Options
    LOL! WSS

Anyway, Ambrose will deffo be nursing his sore groin on Saturday.

He's out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]We all knew that it was going to happen. Who will replace him on sat Racon was injured against Brighton reserves. Arter or Wright ?

according to the team list on the OS site Racon didn't play on Tuesday.
  • Options
    where on earth is the creativity in the middle going to come from for not just saturday but over the Xmas and New Year period?

Reid already confirmed out for 6-8 weeks which should see us through til about easter in light of past events and groin strains don't clear up overnight

Racon and Holland going to be working hard but neither have the touch of class on the ball to set us apart from other teams who are just going to smother us and try and make us play their workmanlike midfield game

playing 4-4-2 i don't see how both can play? it puts an awful lot of pressure on the two wingers to get on the ball and pull the strings, something that might be difficult considering iwelumo is nowhere near 100% and we all know jerome only turns up when he pleases

might be the chance to see if Wright really has that parker-esque way of bite and class in the middle
  • Options
    well, that's it then......mid table finish looks on the cards now.

Now, call me pessismistic, but as all our "top" players are now missing for Saturday (Reid, Ambrose & ZZ) who the f**k is going to create anything ??????????

As earlier posts mentioned, Reidy wont be back until Easter and if Ambrose & ZZ miss too many games we are totally Buggered. Add to that Varney could be out also.

Time for the Board to spend some cash / do some wheelaing & dealing NOW so taht come Jan 1 we have a few more able bodies in there. If not.........see my first line.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]well, that's it then......mid table finish looks on the cards now.

Now, call me pessismistic, but as all our "top" players are now missing for Saturday (Reid, Ambrose & ZZ) who the f**k is going to create anything ??????????

As earlier posts mentioned, Reidy wont be back until Easter and if Ambrose & ZZ miss too many games we are totally Buggered. Add to that Varney could be out also.

Time for the Board to spend some cash / do some wheelaing & dealing NOW so taht come Jan 1 we have a few more able bodies in there. If not.........see my first line.

Call you pessimistic? How about a complete wind up ?

dbu0123l.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]well, that's it then......mid table finish looks on the cards now.

lol!
  • Options
    Oh golfies you do make me smile. thank you
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]

lol!

He's a wind up
  • Options
    Bet all Varney has wrong with him is a cold, not Avian flu
  • Options
    what's mineral water got to do with it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]what's mineral water got to do with it?

you been at the Christmas crackers already?
  • Options
    Im a bit suspicious of this Reid injury timing. 6 weeks ends around 31st Jan 2008.

Is it because a really good bid has come in for him and weve been told not to play him.

Sorry probably havent recovered from the Parker episode.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Im a bit suspicious of this Reid injury timing. 6 weeks ends around 31st Jan 2008.

Is it because a really good bid has come in for him and weve been told not to play him.

I must admit to thinking along similar lines.
  • Options
    can't see it - the only clubs that would want reid in the premiership now are ones that might well be in our position this time next year

i would be bitterly disappointed in reidy if he went, he's got a top class reaction from the fans throughout the season, nobody has been unfair over his £3m fee and dozen or so appearences last year when he was probably our best chance of survival and all it would take would be to stick out the 6 months and then take stock in june
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wright is more a box to box Lampard type player - it's Arter who looks the more busy and creative player with some of Parker's moves like the 90/270 degree turn, but he was not in the squad for the last reserve match. Injured? I'd move Thomas inside where his touch and ability to run into space with the ball might make up for Reidie. Perhaps a youngster on the wing like Wagstaff (v.useful!), don't know what has happened to Christensen, probably gone home in a sulk.
  • Options

Might as well give up now. Golfie "a cloud to every silver lining" has spoken. Glad I'm not going to Norwich but then I'm not a real fan.

The board won't do any wheeling and dealing NOW, golfie. No way will they have been tracking people for months or have been talking to other managers/Chairmen. That's just Impossible! I suspect Murray and Pards wait until about Jan 10th before turning their phones back on, then they have a look in the papers and on Football Manager 2008 to see who looks good and then make an offer. : - (

And Rothko, wind up maybe, pessimist certainly but that rest is well OTT IMHO

Can't see Christensen getting on. Wingers aren't what we need and he's not going to play full back. Would love to see Wright and Arter come in but would hate for them to struggle in an unsettled team. Wright has been playing league football and like Basey did could perhaps come straight in and pick up the pace of the game but both might be too much of a risk. Would prefer Racon who I still think looked class from what I saw of him. lots of energy and not afraid to shoot.

Do wonder who's taking the free kicks and corners. Sam and Thomas I guess.

Scunny boss is reported to want to keep Youga but that is another option in Jan to play or a way to raise cash. Sinclair is still out there as well.
  • Options
    I think its a real positive that Mills and Sam are back and fresh for the game. Its looking positive for Big Chris and I wouldnt be surprised if Varney picks up in time for the game.

But I remain sceptical on the Reidy front. As time moves on the Baby Bent sale is looking like a really good price to have obtained and full credit to the board for that. If Sunderland and Keane want to pay big money for Reidy I think it will happen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Im a bit suspicious of this Reid injury timing. 6 weeks ends around 31st Jan 2008.

Reidys got christmas off!!!

Bet his mum's been to iceland

Just imagine what condition the little fella's gonna come back in after all these festivities.

On the plus side, looking at Reidy after this full on christmas binge should make ME feel better about myself!
  • Options

darren bent had an injury just around this time last year when teams might've been sniffing around for him he didn't play at all in january
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Blimey, that's going to be a massive loss.

We just can't keep this bloke fit.....

As a certain comic actor was heard to say

"I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell"

With ZZ out as well, thats a real blow. Still chances for others then. Step forward M. Racon, and maybe Mr Arter.
  • Options
    With the squad looking this threadbare, I definitely think it must be time for the stars of Charlton Unathletic to dust our boots off. Mind you, it's a bit nippy this time of year....!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

Sorry Rothko but that volley of abuse is bang out of order.You can just ignore his comment if you wish but your response is ott

Call you pessimistic? How about a complete wind up toss pot of a waste of human life?

dbu0123l.jpg
  • Options
    Rothko bang out of order,if you dont agree fine,but dont get personal
  • Options
    Talking of iceland how fit is kerry katona lol

anyway Magic in midfield for creativity. He can pass the ball, dribble with the ball and tackle.