Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reid out for six to eight weeks :-(

2»

Comments

• Options
    Good call on Magic in midfield - except who then plays alongside Sodje?
  • Options
    Paddy Bombscare
  • Options
    no thank you
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]well, that's it then......mid table finish looks on the cards now.

lol!

He's a wind up

Rothko, believe me he isn't. He is a complete pessimist, takes after his Dad.
  • Options
    I may overdo the pessimism sometimes, but I feel most on here over do the optimism so much I feel the need to balance it out. Lets take tomorrows game as an example.

We havn't been great at home all season and have generally lost to the teams most would have expected us to beat (QPR, Burnley, Plymouth). We are now going into that game without our best 2 creative midfield players (Reid & Ambrose) and very much likely without ZZ as well - and between them have scored 15 goals this season. Iwelumo is (half) fit and Varney is struggling with manflu and if starts wont be 100% fit.The only fit striker is Mcleod, who has not started a game all season & not rated by Pardew.

With all this, pray tell me where a) the creativity will come from and b) the goals.

Yes, Thomas and Sam will be playing and hopefully they can create something, but Sam has only scored once this season and Thomas not at all - out of the remaining squad Holland got 1 at Cardiff but thats about it.

Pessimist I may be...........but please throw away your rose-tinted spectacles and face up to reality. We need 3 or 4 decent players NOW or for the squad to really be at their best, giving 110% for the next few games otherwise we will slip out of the top 6.
  • Options
    Oh Golfie, you are a miserable old rotter!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I may overdo the pessimism sometimes, but I feel most on here over do the optimism so much I feel the need to balance it out. Lets take tomorrows game as an example.

We havn't been great at home all season and have generally lost to the teams most would have expected us to beat (QPR, Burnley, Plymouth). We are now going into that game without our best 2 creative midfield players (Reid & Ambrose) and very much likely without ZZ as well - and between them have scored 15 goals this season. Iwelumo is (half) fit and Varney is struggling with manflu and if starts wont be 100% fit.The only fit striker is Mcleod, who has not started a game all season & not rated by Pardew.

With all this, pray tell me where a) the creativity will come from and b) the goals.

Yes, Thomas and Sam will be playing and hopefully they can create something, but Sam has only scored once this season and Thomas not at all - out of the remaining squad Holland got 1 at Cardiff but thats about it.

Pessimist I may be...........but please throw away your rose-tinted spectacles and face up to reality. We need 3 or 4 decent players NOW or for the squad to really be at their best, giving 110% for the next few games otherwise we will slip out of the top 6.

BLOODY HELL !! Where do you start with that. Just to point out that we can't sign players NOW, it's not allowed. You have to wait till 1st Jan at the earliest. It's up to the 'fringe' players to step up to the plate. That is what a squad is for. Dickson has been recalled, on the bench, and Izzy deserves a chance, whether rated by Pards or not. Ambrose is likely to play. We can still put out a good enough team to beat Hull, and most others in this division. I predict a 4-0 tomorrow and a large slice of humble pie from yourself, to be eaten cold.
  • Options
    Golfie, keep it up fella. I used to dread your posts, now i look forward to them because they make me smile.

Don't take all to seriously people.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    The board won't do any wheeling and dealing NOW, golfie. No way will they have been tracking people for months or have been talking to other managers/Chairmen. That's just Impossible! I suspect Murray and Pards wait until about Jan 10th before turning their phones back on, then they have a look in the papers and on Football Manager 2008 to see who looks good and then make an offer.

As supporters director I think you should have a word, this is very tardy from Murray and Pards :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Im a bit suspicious of this Reid injury timing. 6 weeks ends around 31st Jan 2008.

Is it because a really good bid has come in for him and weve been told not to play him.

Sorry probably havent recovered from the Parker episode.

I must admit to thinking along similar lines.

Still suspicious. Next 24 hrs is going to be interesting...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Im a bit suspicious of this Reid injury timing. 6 weeks ends around 31st Jan 2008.

Is it because a really good bid has come in for him and weve been told not to play him.

Sorry probably havent recovered from the Parker episode.

I must admit to thinking along similar lines.

Still suspicious. Next 24 hrs is going to be interesting...

So come on Nostradamus, how come they didn't sign him on Jan 1st rather than Jan 31st? He'd have been blinding in their FA Cup run.

This is a panic buy from Keane. He's been after the player for a while but obviously wouldn't meet our 4 mill valuation. He has now and he's got his man - good luck to him. If Sunderland had 40+ points, this deal wouldn't be happening.