Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our squad is falling apart !!

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
Reid - OUT
ZZ - OUT
Ambrose - OUT
Thatcher - OUT
Basey - OUT
Fortune - OUT
Gibbs - WHO
Moo2 - Mystery injury
Todorov - OUT
Varney - Virus
Powell - Not fully fit
Iwelumo - Not fully fit

Comments

• Options
    time for josh wright and harry arter then
  • Options
    Plus potentially losing Sodje and Mills in a few weeks time!
  • Options
    Yeah. We're a championship side we shouldn't be afraid of throwing some youth in there. Especially of the quality of Arter and Wright.
  • Options
    Who's left....?
  • Options
    Subs bench could be interesting - Paddy Powell may be picked!
  • Options
    I might bring my boots with me on saturday just in case - you never know.....?
  • Options
    Arter didn't even feature for the ressies this week. Another possible injury ??

Don't forget Racon - time for him to earn his Bacon.
  • Options
    IF Big Chris doesn't make it then Izzy will have to start. May see Danny Uchechi on the bench.
  • Options
    Racon didn't play against Brighton on Tuesday so not sure if he is fit.

Maybe Josh Wright or Mikkel Rygaard-Jensen will get a call.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Racon didn't play against Brighton on Tuesday so not sure if he is fit.

Was Racon pulled from the reserves because of the other injuries or because he was injured himself.

Couldn't be a worse time what with all the Xmas games so close together.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Racon didn't play against Brighton on Tuesday so not sure if he is fit.

Interesting ! On Tuesday morning the website said that Racon was lining up for the reserves that afternoon. Perhaps they pulled him at the last moment once they knew the extent of the injury situation.
  • Options
    Big Chris will make it, put your house on it.

That bloke is made of strong stuff.
  • Options
    Did someone say that Dicko had been recalled from the Jills and was training at Sparrows Lane on Tuesday?

".....D.I.C.K.O"
    Dicko on the bench?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Did someone say that Dicko had been recalled from the Jills and was training at Sparrows Lane on Tuesday?

".....D.I.C.K.O"
    Dicko on the bench?
    The OS says his loan spell finishes at Brighton on Saturday.
  • Options
    If this injury list is correct I think we'll definately get beat Saturday, no team can afford to lose that many players & still win at any level of football.
  • Options
    Big Chris is turning into the Black Night form Monty Python and The Holy Grail. if Christianson does not make the squad now he might as well go and bunk with Romm in Holland
  • Options
    Pards just called and im bringing my boots in case we are short of players
  • Options
    I could play. I had a trial at Charlton once.

They found me not guilty.

HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Weaver
    Magic McCarrthy Sodje Sankofa
    Semedo
    Sam Racon Holland Thomas
    McCleod

I've lost count from whos left of who's suspended !!!
    ????????
  • Options
    Put your house on Semedo getting a 5th yellow on Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still think we will get a decent side out:

Weaver

Mills
    Sodje
    Boogy
    Powell

Sam
    Holland
    Semedo
    Thomas

McLeod
    Varney / Iwelumo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I still think we will get a decent side out:

with the bench made up from those who get their early enough and bring their boots !!!
  • Options
    This will make or break us we will either come through with flying colours or due to the closeness of the league plummet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]This will make or break us we will either come through with flying colours or due to the closeness of the league plummet.

I agree. We'll win or lose or even maybe draw and will then either move up or down the table or stay in the same place. : - )
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Put your house on Semedo getting a 5th yellow on Saturday

LOCKED ON FACT (unless he gets injured first)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I still think we will get a decent side out:

Weaver

Mills
    Sodje
    Boogy
    Powell

Sam
    Holland
    Semedo
    Thomas

McLeod
    Varney / Iwelumo

i wouldn't play powell because after watching last week, hull will be looking to expose him aerialy and they have dean windass who could do that.
    instead i'd play mcarthy, with either mcarthy or bougerra playing left back.
    i'd also play racon in a midfeild 5 (that 4 looks too lightweight) with sam being the midfielder playing behind the lone striker.
  • Options
    don't think windass is playing so that's a big boost
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]don't think windass is playing so that's a big boost

that is good news.
  • Options
    confirmed pbs - he's suspended (phew!)
  • Options
    we've had a mare time for izzy a clown to prove he can play footy... fingers crossed
  • Options
    This is an important time for us and I think NSS is right to a certain extent. If we do come through this terrible injury patch and are still up there then I think that'll be a good indication that we are on our way to at least the playoffs, especially considering the run of home games we have in the 2nd half of the season (yes I know we've been pony so far at home, but it can change).