Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our squad is falling apart !!

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I still think we will get a decent side out:

Weaver

Mills
    Sodje
    Boogy
    Powell

Sam
    Holland
    Semedo
    Thomas

McLeod
    Varney / Iwelumo

i wouldn't play powell because after watching last week, hull will be looking to expose him aerialy and they have dean windass who could do that.
    instead i'd play mcarthy, with either mcarthy or bougerra playing left back.
    i'd also play racon in a midfeild 5 (that 4 looks too lightweight) with sam being the midfielder playing behind the lone striker.
    That is not a bad side, especially after McLeod's performance last week - except Powell is sadly past it< don't want him to end his career like Feesh did with a string of awful performances. Perhaps Semedo at left back and Racon in midfield.
  • Options
    Everyone's got the idea of dumping Powell more or less suggesting he can't perform at CCC.

Of course he can, like he did often enough earlier this season before he got injured.
    He then missed 6 weeks.

His problem had been he was thrown back into the team without training or match practice - then asked to play
    3 games in a week, got a nasty head injury - and even though not fit, only asked to play at West Brom because there was literally nobody else.

He didn't have the best of games. But that doesn't mean he can no longer perform.

If he's had a chance to get fitter this week, no reason why he can't put in a decent performmance against Hull tomorrow. If he plays, he'll know at least his manager has faith in him!
  • Options
    Here here. Well said Oggy.
  • Options
    Agree about Powell, had a couple of bad games but he's banked enough good ones for us, to deserve a break and a bit of time. He's such a pro that he knows he needs to step it up, watch out for a solid performance saturday. What's the prognosis on Thatcher? Haven't heard when he might be due back, won't even bother asking about Gibbs.....poor b*****d!
  • Options
    think Gibbs is ahead of Thatcher, but I think March April is the very earliest.
  • Options
    The more you look at it, we're in a bad way. You'd have thought 7 straight seasons in the top flight would make us a very strong proposition to go back up but it seems to have done the reverse. The last couple of seasons of complacency combined with poor acquisitions might have put us back a lot further than we'd first thought.

As a unit we probably have the most untried and tested set of players in the division and they're not battle-hardened for life in the CCC in the same way as the more established CCC teams are. The way I see it this season will be a consolidation period in preparation for next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]The way I see it this season will be a consolidation period in preparation for next season.
    Have you been drinking Golfie Juice?!
  • Options
    I don't think he has been great at all this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]The way I see it this season will be a consolidation period in preparation for next season.
    LOL...steady on. Let's put it another way - I think we're gonna come up short.
  • Options
    Gawd, every team in this league will have injury problems now and then, WBA had 9 out for a few weeks, and got through it, if Watford lost, Shittu, King, Hendersen, De Meritt, for a while, they would struggle.

This injury problem is a wet dream to the doom and gloom merchants, you just need to get through it, and stay in the race.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]This injury problem is a wet dream to the doom and gloom merchants, you just need to get through it, and stay in the race.

lol dude, make you right too
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    LOL...steady on. Let's put it another way - I think we're gonna come up AFKA Bartram.
    no need for that
  • Options
    You will never be able to play your first eleven 46 matches in a season. We need to get on with it, stop worrying and hope for the fit players to pull together and get the results we crave. I am well revved for tomorrow and looking forward to seeing the shape of the squad and a change of personel.