Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

For those home from The Valley

2»

Comments

• Options
    But we are now 7 points behind 3 teams. The only reason we are 5th is because other teams keep falling over themselves. Those sequence of away wins flattered to deceive. Pardew is starting to run out of excuses now. The loss of Todorov is looking more significant as each game passes. I dont expect much from the Transfer window, its a bad time to buy, the best we can hope for is some loan signings but I doubt whether they may be of the Mills/Sodje quality.

I have read all the posts on todays game and looking at it from a real pessimistic viewpoint Im afraid that the players in the positions they are playing have real weaknesses:-

Weaver. Doesnt command the box and have good communication with the back four.
    Bougy. Looks great going forward but hes there to defend and is not very good at it
    McCarthy. Too slow and despite occasional good spells is responsible for conceding goals
    Fortune. Mid table Championship player. Poor distribution.
    Sir Chris. Great character but he is now too slow and the other players have to compensate which puts us at a disadvantage.
    Semedo. A player with potential but distribution can be poor and is guilty of reckless challenges.
    Holland. 100% commitment but is now not promotion winning material.
    ZZ. Has too many average games and average spells within games.
    Sam. Great pace and skill away from the goal but final pass and finishing very disappointing
    JT. Same as Sam really. Dont think he can be faulted on todays performance too much.
    Big Chris. For a big bloke he really isnt that good in the air or holding up play.

Subs/Back ups
    Varney. Poor first touch. Gives away too many niggling fouls.
    M2kill. I wish he could defend as well as he attacks.
    Ambrose. There cant be a more frustrating player. Goes missing too often.
    McLeod. What we have seen of him has been utter rubbish.

The sad thing is that despite these weaknesses if all the players could combine as a team in this league we may still stand a chance of promotion. But I think this is probably a 3 to 5 year rebuilding plan to seriously create a team likely to be promoted with the chance of not coming straight down. And Im not sure Pardew is the man who has his heart in that project.
  • Options
    Peanutman your assesment is very accurate. Of course you haven't mentioned Reid and he could yet be our saviour.
  • Options
    Some good assessments, Peanuts - some of our players are actually technically quite good but they don't perform well within the team system; maybe ZZ is a case in point.

Funny thing is, this team started the season poorly, got much better, fell away - then picked up some great results in difficult games. Okay, we've not been winning matches recently, but a much weakened team has grittily dug in to get results.

We seem to forget that all of a sudden. Today was very disappointing and we are all frustrated.

But we've seen it all before. Ten years ago, Curbs team was in much the same place and just been hammered 4-1 at Sheff Utd who were nowhere near the promotion places. But in time, things were turned round and we found ourselves at Wembley & promotion.

With West Ham in the CCC, Pards had found himself in exactly the same position twice but both times made the playoffs, winning promotion the 2nd time, followed by 9th place Prem finish & FA Cup Final.

I don't think we need to particularly doubt him, not for now anyway.

Especially for OohAah Mortimer, there's a long way to go yet (cliche LOL) but we're still very much on course. ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]But we are now 7 points behind 3 teams. The only reason we are 5th is because other teams keep falling over themselves.

And if my auntie had....
  • Options
    I said it was pessimistic!!!
  • Options
    Just remember it wasn't as bad as the Wycombe game!
  • Options
    peanutman, can you do the same but concentrate on the positives of each player?
  • Options
    I just miss players like Rufus and Robbo.