Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Allardyce Gone

According to Sky Sports he's just left Newcastle

No real surprise there really

Comments

• Options
    Maybe I'm stupid but I actually believed he'd stay...What are the odds on Shearer?
  • Options
    When you change manager that often and it still doesn't work you have to start to think that maybe it is the club and not the managers who are the problem.
  • Options
    Think it's gonna be Shearer just to get the fans back onside
  • Options
    If and when Shearer f*cks it up maybe they'll realise they are not actually that good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]If and when Shearer f*cks it up maybe they'll realise they are not actually that good.

may I be the first to say "Shearer, shearer, shearer - out ,out, out" Unless of course Barton gets the job.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]If and when Shearer f*cks it up maybe they'll realise they are not actually that good.

may I be the first to say "Shearer, shearer, shearer - out ,out, out" Unless of course Barton gets the job.

The only job Barton is likely to get in the near future is peeling the spuds!

Unless you meant Warren
  • Options
    My lord, as someone else has already stated, joke club!
  • Options
    Wonder where Allardyce will turn up next, I reckon either Middlesbrough or Sheff Utd as they may be the next ones to sack their boss
  • Options
    I would have thought it is to easy for Shearer to sit in his ivory tower and take the plaudits of his adoring fellow pundits and toon followers than go there and have his reputation ruined by the end of the season. Unless there is a large fund of cash there for him to spend of course. Half there team against Stoke looked like names past their sell by date.
  • Options
    His sacking is not a suprise, but an absolute joke imo. Swapping managers in quick succession is ridiculous especially when Allardyce said it would take 3-5 years to build a decent team. Ashley wants instant success but he's hardly done an Abramovich there. I'm sure Sam will get a whopping pay off and good luck to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would Pardew be a contender for the job?
  • Options
    the newcastle fans deserve a much better team
  • Options
    why appoint Shearer ??????

has he got any experience in management.......NO. Not all great players make good managers - look at Bobby Charlton for example.

If Newcastle apoint Shearer then the games a joke - best thing is if they actually go for someone who has manged a top flight club ........my money's on Pardew.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]My lord, as someone else has already stated, joke club!

and joke fans.
    disillusioned that they've always had 50,000+ fans at st james, most loyal blah blah.
    fact is they have had high profile managers, spent shed loads of cash, and in the last 50 (odd) years, luton, sheff wed, oxford, qpr, swindon, wimbledon, southampton, stoke, west brom, norwich and wolves have all won more than them.

***sniggers****
  • Options
    So, who's going to be the first to suggest that Allardyce replace Pards?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]So, who's going to be the first to suggest that Allardyce replace Pards?

You
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]So, who's going to be the first to suggest that Allardyce replace Pards?[/quote]

You[/quote]

Golfie actually. See above.

Must be the turn of a foriegn manager or Steve McLaren : - )
  • Options
    Same old nicely, nicely Newcastle with Away the lads and all that.....

Yes I can imagine Pardew saying that.

Pardew next Newcastle manager LOCKED ON FACT!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]So, who's going to be the first to suggest that Allardyce replace Pards?

You

Golfie actually. See above.

Golfie said Pardew to replace Allardyce not the other way round - consider my finger waved at you Henry!
  • Options
    Peakie, I've got a cold : - (
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crazy really, Sammy Lee, Billy Davies and Sam Allerdyce have between them not served a season or if they have only just in total games. Sacking Alardyce 9 days into the transfer window is ridiculous, any new man is not going to be able to make any changes to strengthen the team until June, so will be saddled with the same "rubbish" as big Sam had and will have only his motivational and tactical powers to change things.

rant continues, Aug 04 they sacked Bobby Robson, since then they have had Souness, Roeder and Sam and they wonder why they have not got any success .., crazy
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]the newcastle fans deserve a much better team
    Why? What have they done to 'deserve' a better team than any other group of fans? Just because they're stupid enough to buy a replica shirt every bloody season swelling Ashley's (and Shepherd & Hall's before him) coffers and make the gallowgate look like a giant barcode doesn't mean they 'deserve' a better team than, say, Sheffield United or Man City - or Rochdale for that matter. I'm sick of Geordie pillocks spouting on about them deserving a good team - as if its a god given right. Besides, most of their fans are ****ing animals anyway - I've seen more Newcastle fans rampaging through town centres than any other (with the possible exception of Leeds)

Not having a pop at you ooaah (though re-reading this post it certainly seems like it!), just genuinely peeved at football fans wanting it on a plate, and trying to set the record straight about 'loyal' geordie fans. I don't recall there being 50,000 geordies there in the mid eighties when we played 'em at St James'
  • Options
    i know they're numbers were not great in the eighties but relatively speaking their numbers have risen with footballs recent upsurge and they have nearly 50k of regular fans watching tosh served up now and their away numbers are as impressive as anyones considering how total kack their team is even in the eighties i remember them bringing bundles down to the valley, as for their fans as with most teams they have a number of helmets ....
    i do laugh at how bad they are but i wouldn't mind them being successful cos their fans are a lot further away than the likes of arsenal, chelsea spurs etc
  • Options
    I think Mick Collins is still barred from the Town after his Match report suggesting that Alan Shearer may have been a serial cheater - Mad lot.
    What's the odds on McLaren getting the job?
  • Options
    I bet Steve Bruce is kicking himself he took the Wigan job if he knew this was coming up
  • Options
    I guess Bryan Robson could be in the frame with Shearer as his number two to learn the trade (God help him!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I bet Steve Bruce is kicking himself he took the Wigan job if he knew this was coming up

Can't see that being an obstacle for "Mr Loyalty" if the opportunity was to present itself.
  • Options
    true Len, forgot about all that.
  • Options
    methinks a foreign manager judging by all the english 'talent' available..
  • Options
    Early online odds - no sign of Pardew on there yet

Harry Redknapp - 6/4
    Alan Shearer - 5/2
    Martin Jol - 6
    Chris Coleman - 8
    Mark Hughes - 9/2
    Terry Venables - 10
    Nigel Pearson - 10
    Tony Mowbray - 16
    Jose Mourinho - 16
    Gerard Houllier - 18