Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Allardyce Gone

2»

Comments

• Options
    Harry Redknapp? At Newcastle? Christ, that would take some getting used to.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Harry Redknapp? At Newcastle? Christ, that would take some getting used to.

Would 'Arry want the grief which goes with that job at sixty something?

He's well set up at Portsmouth in an area where he's settled.

Mind you the bookies generally get it right!
  • Options
    Henry wrote'When you change manager that often and it still doesn't work you have to start to think that maybe it is the club and not the managers who are the problem.'

Lets hope Pards stays eh Henry :-)
  • Options
    Allardyce's sacking before the end of the season only makes sense if someone clearly better is available. The idea that Shearer qualifies on that front is an absolute joke but I don't think Ashley is that daft. Shepherd, yes, but surely not Ashley?
  • Options
    Ashley couldn't give a toss whether the team succeeds or not. So long as they don't get relegated, the sheep will keep flooding in through the turnstiles - with the prodigal son in charge that will give him another three years' grace at least while he can make as much money as possible then sell the club on for stupid money.
  • Options
    Harry is now the favourite, my money would be on yet another non English manager getting the job.
  • Options
    Betting on Martin Jol suspended.
  • Options
    Harry is the closest thing to KK in todays game. He has apparently always craved a shot at a big club with serious money and some pulling power. As a football fan I want to see Newcastle do OK. I loved the Keegan era, but then I love Keegan.
    If Harry does go there I reckon it will be either spectacually good or spectacually bad, no grey area!
    Can't see it myself, he loves Sandbanks too much.
  • Options
    The BBC are saying that Redknaps odds have shortened further. I wonder how that has gone down with Betfair?
  • Options
    I reckon it'll be Mark Hughes. Done a cracking job at Blackburn and is considerably younger than Redknapp. I feel that Mike Ashby took over with BigSam already appointed and he wasn't ever going to be his man. Don't think it's too unreasonable that he gets in someone he actually wants as manager. Also feel that the Barton fiasco has done for Sam. He practically begged for the money to do the deal and thought he could sort Barton out. Joey has let him down big style. Anyway, Big Sam won't be out of footie too long and has walked away with a big fat payoff. Can't feel too sorry for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good shout Hughes, 3 or 4 years there, win the odd cup. That will set him up nicely to take over from old Red Nose.
  • Options
    Hughes would be a good choice for them but would he go having seen how they treat their managers and with Shearer hovering over your shoulder.

Its time for Shearer to either come out and say he wants the job or not because his presence in the background as "saviour in waiting" is destabilising the whole club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Its time for Shearer to either come out and say he wants the job or not because his presence in the background as "saviour in waiting" is destabilising the whole club.

Shearers ruled himself out, according to the BBC. I think it'll will be Redknap. He's always wanted to manage a "big" club. Ok we could argue whether Newcastle is one but it certainly bigger than Pompey.
  • Options
    I can't see Redknapp taking the job, he lives in Poole and manages Pompey because relatively speaking it's local, I don't think he needs the money or the hassle and I can't see his appointment going down well with the locals.
  • Options
    "Big Sam won't be out of footie too long and has walked away with a big fat payoff. Can't feel too sorry for him."

I Don't feel sorry for him in the slightest. Personally think he's a complete wnaker.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    I Don't feel sorry for him in the slightest. Personally think he's a complete wnaker.

Me too. What goes around comes around. Saying that Rafa Benitez was lucky to still be in a job was bang out of order in my opinion - he had this coming.

He also pissed me off with post match comments a number of times. Plus his teams play a particularly ugly and calculated brand of football.

Can't stand him.
  • Options
    So Harry turned the barcodes down and I have just watched the Newcs on Match of the day, 6-0 over 45 minutes, they are a joke. I thought Rob Styles could have shown a bit of sympathy and allowed Smith to stay on the pitch.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]So Harry turned the barcodes down and I have just watched the Newcs on Match of the day, 6-0 over 45 minutes, they are a joke. I thought Rob Styles could have shown a bit of sympathy and allowed Smith to stay on the pitch.
    Styles showed plenty of sympathy to The Toon. He could have easily give 3 pens to Utd and then what would the score have been? 15-0?
    Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney are the most sensational trio since Gullit, Rijkaard and Van Basten.
  • Options
    Keegan now 2nd favourite after Sparky. I'd just love to see him back, the game misses him.
  • Options
    Kevin Keegan told Sky Sports News: "I'm not ruling myself out or in. It's a club I love, everyone knows that."

Former England coach Keegan is currently running his "Soccer Circus" in Glasgow and has been linked with a return to management alongside fellow Newcastle legend Alan Shearer.

So he wants to go to one circus to another then!