Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wes Hoolihan

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
thought he looked very good today and most of their attacking play came through him. Gid rid of the overrated Thomas for a couple of mill and bring him in for a fraction of that and we'll be better off. Thomas, all tricks and fancy step overs and no end product.

Comments

• Options
    Hoolihan was superb but I'm sure there are some premier league sides interested in him.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    My first proper girlfriend was Joanne Hoolihan, in 1982.
  • Options
    class above, always shifting the ball, looked very comfortable
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]class above, always shifting the ball, looked very comfortable

Joanne or Wes?
  • Options
    He really looked a good player.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    wouldn't like to speculate for Joanne Peakie, but Wes certainly floated my boat today ;-)
  • Options
    He's no Patches O'hoolihan, that's for sure.
  • Options
    'Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.'

Thought 'Dodgeball' was going to be poor but was funny, especially Patches!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]My first proper girlfriend was Joanne Hoolihan, in 1982.

Did she have a brother called Terry?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]My first proper girlfriend was Joanne Hoolihan, in 1982.[/quote]

Did she have a brother called Terry?[/quote]

Was her mum called Carol?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree he looked class and would add to our squad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]

Did she have a brother called Terry?

Not as far as I can remember. Not a local girl, she was in the boarding part of my school. Parents in the Army.
    "The Lodge" was quite a place in those days........
  • Options
    I've just logged on to post the same thing but Largeaddick beat me to it.

Thought he looked absolute quality.
  • Options
    Agreed, he was excellent again today. Not only skilfull, but just wouldn't accept defeat; even at 4-1 he was a constant menace. I wasn't quite sure where he'd slot in, but fair point Large, re. Thomas. Hopefully he's see CAFC as a realistic step up.
  • Options
    Got himself booked for a spot of petulance, though.

Maybe that just shows he plays with passion.....?
  • Options
    I think Youga (excellent again) probably had a couple of nibbles at him that the East Stand lino failed to spot before he was pulled up for a minor indiscretion so he lost his rag. Good to see how well Singh handled it though (and the game in general), as Hoolihan then accepted his offence and apologised. Certainly agree he was passionate; skilfull but also worked his butt off right across the middle.
  • Options
    Agreed, Hoolihan had a great game despite being on the end of a 4-1 scoreline.

Sign him up Pards :)
  • Options
    may be a replacement for reidy when we sell because of his injuries.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I think we missed the boat we should have signed him in the summer he has added at least a million to his price.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Got himself booked for a spot of petulance, though.

Maybe that just shows he plays with passion.....?

Was saying to the guys around me that he reminded me a bit of Johnny Robinson and then got himself booked in typical Robbo fashion...... Would like to see him a The Valley. V impressed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hoolihan = the original Hooligans. Big Irish/london family lived in Lambeth a real nitemare ASBO mob oftheir day. "Hooligan" comes from the SARF london acsent on Hooilihan. Not many people know that !! used to tell that to a very "up her self" Director of sales and marketing who had the same surname.
  • Options
    Well, what do you know.......! ;o)
  • Options
    Ooops . Its Hoolahan
  • Options
    Its being reported on some Blackpool fan sites that we've signed him. Clearly not a confirmed source but if true, it's excellent news.
  • Options
    I hope thats right as i thought he was a tidy little player
  • Options
    Bing, i'd hold fire for now. That post on there didn't look anymore than a wind up.

I know we are keen, but i also know a great deal of other clubs are as well. Lets wait and see.
  • Options
    That would be good news if true!

I thought he looked very good home and away - possibly the best player on the pitch when we beat them at the Valley.

Just the sort of player we need in the middle of the pitch.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Bing, i'd hold fire for now. That post on there didn't look anymore than a wind up.

I know we are keen, but i also know a great deal of other clubs are as well. Lets wait and see.

Yeah, I read it two ways to be honest. Oh well as there's nothing else happening much, we can but dream.
  • Options
    Cheap Reidy I reckon - I like what I have heard about him.

I wonder if he has a video on YouTube.......
  • Options
    I decided I liked this fella when watching the Blackpool Oldham play off game. Totally ran the show, another I'm a bit suprised noone picked up on was Ivan Sproule at Bristol City. He was the nuts at Hibs and I thought would get a big move.