Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford top of the league...

Comments

• Options
    I'll be at Park View Rd this Saturday - Welling Utd V Lewes.

Come on the WINGS!!
  • Options
    Park View Road?

Don't Bexley United play there........?

;o)
  • Options
    They do indeed...,.
  • Options
    Now here the Welling sing...the Dartford run away....
  • Options
    Went to Princes Park today for the first time, massively impressed by the whole set up there, the ground is fantastic. As for the football, comfy 1-0 for the Darts, some good stuff played out there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Hillsys Up[/cite]I'll be at Park View Rd this Saturday - Welling Utd V Lewes.

Come on the WINGS!!

3-0 down after ten minutes!

I went to Hampton Vs Bromley today- 3-2 defeat but always a good laugh with Bromley away days.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I went to Welling yesterday, I think they had five players making their debut and have no manager.

The Wings were ripped apart for the first 20 minutes and eventually lost 4-0, they did miss a penalty at the beggining of the second half and for the first 25 minutes or so of that half they were by far the better team and with finishing could have pulled it back.

Wellings No9 was useless, did he actually touch the ball in the whole game...

Anthony Barness came on for Lewes for the last half hour.
  • Options
    Yeah i saw the welling result, pretty poor but they need to find a new manager before things go too bad.

Also heard that they signed two new players on loan from Brighton, one of which was wearing the No9 shirt....

I'll be going to the game against Newport County which is mid-week in a couple of weeks. Possible a chance for a few Charlton fans to turn up and give their support?

Always enjoy a night game down there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Anybody else remember Dartford or Bexley United in the old Southern League?
    Yep, I was at Wembley for that game too. Travelled on the special train they laid on from Dartford station to Wembley. Wasn't this the same season Dartford won the old Southern League? This & the Northern Premier League were the top two leagues in Non-league football back in the mid 70's, before they formed the Alliance League, later to be called the Conference. I remember being at Watling Street for the game when they clinched the title that year. Crowds of 3,000+ if I remember correctly. Also used to watch Bexley Utd regularly at Park View. I even went to some away games at places like Folkestone & Tonbridge. God, was that really 30+ years ago??
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    They are champions now by the way and promoted to Ryman Premier.

Well done Darts.

Saturday's game is all ticket and they are expecting a sell-out for the trophy presentation etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yep and after they were shafted by dover making them go from div one south to north,well done great achievement it seems the club is going from strenth to strength.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]yep and after they were shafted by dover making them go from div one south to north,well done great achievement it seems the club is going from strenth to strength.
    Be able to get them next year as Dover won the southern division as well.
  • Options
    Up the Darts!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    What great news for a local club shafted by circumstance, but being rebuilt the hard way by those who love their club.
    Well done, Darts!
  • Options
    hopefully Cray Wanderers will win the play off final and go up as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Could well be Welling v Dartford in the Ryman prem next season.

Your gonna get it West Side !!

Welling eased themselves out of trouble with 2 games left of the season .. who would have thought it.

This was the first season since 1990 I havent seen them in a league match ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ditto Gump but you can blame Bluewater for that.

Sadly that isn't true WSS. I am a Dartford gal born and bred and it has been in decline since I was in my teens (a blooming long time ago & long before Bluewater). People have blamed many a thing from changing the road network around it, to making the High Street pedestrian. But I think the final nail in the coffin was when M&S left.

But I digress. C'mon the Darts! Fantastic acheivement considering all they went through. Our cousin Steven played for them just before they got booted out of Watling Street. The new ground is fantastic & Daddy Killer moved near it hoping to see them as he was struggling to get to Charlton towards the end. Still, we gave him his send off there & what a send of it was.

Well done Dartford!!!!
  • Options
    Although it didn't seem like it at the time it was announced, going in the Ryman North did Dartford a favour even though they lost out on attendances from Kent derbies.

I think the South division, especially Dover, is stronger and they may not have got up from there.
  • Options
    Well, Darts AND Dover, couldn't have both won the South, so it's worked out well for them both.

Still scratching my head to fathom out why a club from south of the Thames had to play in the Ryman North....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Well, Darts AND Dover, couldn't have both won the South, so it's worked out well for them both.

Still scratching my head to fathom out why a club from south of the Thames had to play in the Ryman North....?

It used to be the same in the Southern league when it was regionalised. A team like Corby would jump between the divisions. I guess because of the large number of Kent, Sussex and Surrey sides in the Ryman South Darford, with the tunnel on the doorstep, was the furthest north.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]You can't beat the Pound Shops in Dartford High Street...

I was born and bred in Dartford....it pains me to see it in such decline..

[cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ditto Gump but you can blame Bluewater for that.

Dartford town centre died the day Marks and Spencer closed.
    Or maybe Jumbarama with the joke shop upstairs.
    Its a sad fact that most high streets these days only have Pound shops, card shops, estate agents, travel agents,employment agencies and a greggs bakers in them.
  • Options
    I also used to see them in the 80's - a couple of semi finals lost in fa trophy (burton or boston I think) and remember that game against Bournemouth. Think previous round they got goal of the month against Met Police?
    Also used to work with Steve Connor who was centre back for Dartford and went on to play 10 years for dagenham and redbridge and also Billericay - had testimonial against West Ham and represented England non league team.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Always like an appointment at Dartford. Have had three this season and thoroughly enjoyed them all. The first ever game I had as an assistant on the Contributary leagues was at Dartford v Maldon and a 2-2 draw with 1,000 there. Bit of a step up from parks football!!! They deserve it as they've been there all season and no reason they can't flourish in the Premier.
    Got Cray Wanderers tomorrow in their last league match at Chipstead before the play offs. They lie third and could make second with an amazing record of 24 wins from 41 matches with only 6 defeats.
  • Options
    Watched Dartford a lot as a kid with both my Dad and Grandad, I remember Peter Taylor coming for his first job as manager, they had a cracking side then think they were in the Gola league (now conference). I remember them beating Maidstone who were the Man Utd of non-league in a final maybe Kent Senior Trophy at Priestfield, me and my dad were jumping up and down like England had won the world cup. Must try and get to a game next year, well done all involved in the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]I also used to see them in the 80's - a couple of semi finals lost in fa trophy (burton or boston I think)

It was Burton, I think their manager at the time was a certain Neil Warnock.
  • Options
    Dartford are top of the isthmian premier league after a good start to the season winning 5 and drawing 1.

http://www.isthmian.co.uk/
  • Options
    Canvey Island 4th! - Quite amazing they are still going after their financial backers pulled out a couple of seasons ago!

I watched Jimmy Greaves play for Chelmsford at Dartford many years ago. Those were the days when he was fat had no hair on top and long hair at the back. He should have given up playing by then really, was sad to watch, he was hopeless.
  • Options
    i went to dartford v kingstonian the other day. dartford won 5-0, had two other goals disallowed and missed a penalty. i'd never seen such a one sided game, until tranmere v charlton on saturday.
  • Options
    is it just me but why is there only 4 teams in that league, go on the dartford i went 2 our last two friendlies against them. one tuna played but was poor game we scored in last minute think last season and i bloody missed it screwing lol