Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gray coming - update fee agreed

Comments

• Options
    probably mcLeod on loan to CCC or league 1 outfit
  • Options
    One Andy Gray
    There's only one Andy Gray
    Apart from the one on SKY
    There's only one Andy Gray.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]How many games does he get before we can boo him.

Putting his age, price, birthplace and previous clubs into the boo-ometer I make it 3.5 games.

So no pressure Andy but score at Scunthorpe or else.

hope he scores against Stoke otherwise I'll have to wait five weeks for the chance to see him score.

WHY??

because I'm 'downunder'

Oh right so fans that don't go Boxing Day are not real fans but you f**k off to Austalia mid season and that's alright then - double standards
  • Options
    By that same rational Cunning you could suggest that Hunt Bombed out of Newcastle, Bombed out of West Brom and became a Charlton Legend.

You moaned at the beginning of the season that we had no one that was proven to score goals in this division, now we sign some one and he's not good enough either...

Bet your house is a fun place.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Take A Bowl Son,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Arc now here the covered end sing
    A King is born today
    His name is Andy Gray
    And will score against Palace all day

y

that's the best Wolves used to sing that to Stevve Bull but words were his name is steve bull and he's better than andy gray
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge

Oh right so fans that don't go Boxing Day are not real fans but you f**k off to Austalia mid season and that's alright then - double standards

I think that 'Boxing-Day-Gate' was Golfie and not Large wasn't it? I think poor old Large got caught in the crossfire!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]How many games does he get before we can boo him.

Putting his age, price, birthplace and previous clubs into the boo-ometer I make it 3.5 games.

So no pressure Andy but score at Scunthorpe or else.

hope he scores against Stoke otherwise I'll have to wait five weeks for the chance to see him score.

WHY??

because I'm 'downunder'

I'd hardly think so in that scenario. Agree that I'm letting the side down tomorrow as I'm running a few ladies down to Brighton for a hen night and so am missing the trip to Vicarage Road. I'm pretty gutted about that.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    TBF That was Golfie not Large that said that. They are brothers not Siamese twins
  • Options
    BTW, if anyone wants to have a whip round or set me up with a job down-under I'm more than happy to stay there. I'd miss Charlton enormously but this country is going down the pan.
  • Options
    Another club in the ccc tried to sign Gray today but withdrew when they heard the wages he'd be getting at Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mart77, Thanks for speedy updates. Keep up the good work.

BTW saw your comment on Frankie Valley last week, well said
  • Options
    Back to topic please chaps

To Ooh Eddie Youds

Ooohh Andy Gray,
    Gonna sign for us today,
    Is he good we cannot say,
    But can't be worse than Amdy Faye.
    Oooooh Andy Gray.........
  • Options
    I am going to take on the role as Charlton Life Villian now or Golfaddick to anyone else. I am completely underwhelmed by this signing & Pards has blown all our transfer kitty on a position I think we had covered.

Hugely dis-appointed of Sittingbourne !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I am going to take on the role as Charlton Life Villian now or Golfaddick to anyone else. I am completely underwhelmed by this signing & Pards has blown all our transfer kitty on a position I think we had covered.

Following this comment I have re-run the boo-ometer and Gray now has 2.75 games to impress or be boo'ed
  • Options
    Boooooooooooooo.......

Sack the board.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Boooooooooooooo.......

Sack the board.

No, hold on. got to give him 2.75 games.

And you can't boo the board until 1 July 2008
  • Options
    I blame Henry......

I don't know why. ;o)
  • Options
    Nah, never Boo our own enry just think this is not the signing we should be looking for, but hey Pards is paid all that money I am sure he knows what he is doing.
  • Options
    I'd blame Andrew Mills but he has enough problems!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I am going to take on the role as Charlton Life Villian now or Golfaddick to anyone else. I am completely underwhelmed by this signing & Pards has blown all our transfer kitty on a position I think we had covered.

I agree
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i'm happy if we get gray cos it'll knock mclown down the pecking order, not sure our priority was centre forward i'm not convinced by our defence.....
  • Options
    We are now the Newcastle of the Championship...when things start to go wrong buy another striker it keeps the natives happy....for a week or two at least ! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I'd blame Andrew Mills but he has enough problems!

Especially after making that plane crash yesterday and causing the spread of the norovirus.
  • Options
    Jesus and i thought it was the rain flooding the west, must be the MK Dons board....

That’s my point; you can include another half dozen clubs boards to MK Dons.

I guess with very recent transfer history in mind we cant get to made up re this signing. Tarore , the wankerNow at Rangers, Tragic and Mcloud cost us £9/10 million total and we aint seen much back have we ?Even Reidy has missed half the games he could have played in.

Goonerhater comment hits the nail on the head. Recent history in the transfer market has left a negative sentiment.

Bingaddick, take your point, but I am thinking the likes of Holland and Herman H decent price for what we got. However since we signed Marcus Bent for an over inflated price our track record isn’t too impressive.
  • Options
    We down to 3 fit forwards and one with 2 left feet.......

Pards had to get the forwards numbers up. A couple of injuries and then what?

Gray seems as good as most - scores goals and can take a penalty (well, he took one against us).
    That might come in handy for the PlayOff final.

He wants to come to Charlton because they'll double his wages help him achieve his ambition of playing for a better club than Sunderland in the Prem.
  • Options
    I'm partially inclined to agree with Ketman on this one.

I know little of Gray, and look forward to being proved wrong and will be giving him, and everyone else full support.

But a real quality imposing centre half was my priority. Even on Tuesday, on a night we played well and made a lot of the play, we still conceded twice against a side who had rested their key striker.

If that is our budget gone, then i think we may of missed a trick
  • Options
    This is a replacement for Todorov who we have lost for the season.

To me its a sensible piece of business with Varney,Mcleod and Dickson still inexperienced.

We do not have much time to fanny about.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

But a real quality imposing centre half was my priority.

agree with that but just can't think of anyone who'd come to us at the right price who would fit the bill
  • Options
    We need a good striker who can score regularly which we don't have at the moment, hopefully Gray is that man in which case money well spent. Presumably he would be partnered by Varney, alternatively McLeod.

Now lets get Amdy back so we can make up a song called "Faye to Gray" ....
  • Options
    <sarky>I haven't seen him play in a Charlton shirt yet, but he shit, and I'm not going to give him a chance cause it doesn't live up to my expectations </Sarky>