Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I got sunshine..... Booked my Hols, where are you going?

Comments

• Options
    i work for an american firm... thats why i get crap allowance. although i get two "lifestyle" days - the americans dont realise the quality of my lifestyle leads me to have a few more sick days!

i used to get 11 in hong kong... when i changed jobs i happily changed to get 12!!
  • Options
    looks like I'm doing okay with 28 then.
  • Options
    B - I work for an American Bank and we get 26 (25 days and 1 more extra as a personal day)

You should send your CV over here!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]B - I work for an American Bank and we get 26 (25 days and 1 more extra as a personal day)

You should send your CV over here!

personal day? is that like a duvet day?
  • Options
    Ish - Last year I took it after the fact - I had some personal stuff to deal with at home and took it as a personal day.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i dont feel for them.. they got stupid holiday allowance! i only get 20 days and i feel hard done by. mind you i take a few more than 20 days.
    first holiday on 28th feb to the canaries for some winter soul warming sun. god the thought of it just lifts my spirts immediately.

winter sunshine is a must.[/quote]

You should feel for Oakster then - if it's the same in Canada as with the Yanks I used to work with he'll only get 10 days leave per year.[/quote]

I get the princely sum of 20 days as I have been with the company so long - most of my coleagues start on 10. It is little wonder that productivity in Canada & the USA is so poor. We deo get a few more bank holidays though - apart from January - there is pretty much 1 a month.

Other differences I notice - the working day starts much earlier here, most office workers are in at around 7am - but people tend to leave a bit earlier, the rush hour is in full swing by 4pm. Absence through sickness is much, much higher - i think there is an unwritten rule that you are allowed several "sick days" on the quiet.
  • Options
    I work contract principally because of the holiday issue here thus I'm able to go to New York and Philly for a week in April/May, the UK and cyprus in September and Argentina for a few weeks in November. I'm retraining to work in the public sector so that (not the main reason though) I can get more holiday.
  • Options
    "i dont feel for them.. they got stupid holiday allowance! i only get 20 days and i feel hard done by. mind you i take a few more than 20 days."

Seems like I'm doing ok for leave. I get 30 days (and always manage to squeeze a couple more in too) Nowhere near as many as my wife though. To be fair, she does work bloody hard (she's a deputy head) but the time off is a great compensation.
  • Options
    im going to Albufeira on may 3rd for a week
  • Options
    all tru charlton fans don't go on holiday during the season LARGE ADDICK - SHOCKING SHOCKING SHOCKING
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking like the last proper (non stag do) lads holiday this year sometime in July. Marmaris in Turkey is looking good, Greece and Greek islands are out Canaries is a possibility as is Portugal (Algarve, need a sit rep on the availability of women of questionable morals and repute, the more the better!)

One of my mates was due to get married on 18th July and we think then is a good time to remove his mind from thinking about that we spend that particular period of the year chasing beer and loose women.

The only thing is we have decided that being closer to 30 than 18, 18-30's are out (been there done that most definitely got the t-shirt!) however we intend to be in one of those resorts!!
  • Options
    dubai next week and barbados around the play off final (already warned the wife i'll be flying back if we get there)
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I intend to visit Algarve this year - it's our duty!

Got a week booked on the Canals, a week in France and a couple of weeks cruising the West Coast - LA, SF & LV.

Hopefully a few tasty weekends on the continent as well - mainly War Graves and football (hopefully Bordeaux again and Roma). Might even make a GB Antwerp game if Henry can get it right this time.
  • Options
    scunthorpe next week!
  • Options
    wish I could go scunthorpe
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    A week in a luxury villa in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote in late April fully paid for my parents-it's amazing what you can get out of them once you give them a couple of grandchildren!

Hopefully be able to have three nights in Ibiza as well.

And Scunthorpe as well, first game on the train for ages, can't wait!
  • Options
    Soon as the play off final is over, Im getting married and heading from london to beijing on the transiberian and transmongolian railway taking about a month.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]Soon as the play off final is over, Im getting married and heading from london to beijing on the transiberian and transmongolian railway taking about a month.

Lets hope it goes to extra time and pens then. To give you another hour of freedom.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I intend to visit Algarve this year - it's our duty!

Got a week booked on the Canals, a week in France and a couple of weeks cruising the West Coast - LA, SF & LV.

Hopefully a few tasty weekends on the continent as well - mainly War Graves and football (hopefully Bordeaux again and Roma). Might even make a GB Antwerp game if Henry can get it right this time.

Sono has gone to Lorient so it will have to be some Normandy War Graves. Still up for a Roma/Anzio trip BTW
  • Options
    quote][cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I intend to visit Algarve this year - it's our duty!

Addicted - Do they take Luncheon Vouchers in California? ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got back from 6 weeks at home in Avalon NSW......back there again in April so will miss the last 3 games.....will fly back for the Play off final should we be unlucky enough to be there (got to remain optimistic about automatic promotion!)

Will do a few Battlefield weekends/days in France/Belgium in between times and hopefully get a weekend in Bath.

Will do a few days away with the kids at Easter too.

Longer term, will be back in Oz for 6 weeks again in September and again at Xmas.....
  • Options
    Cheltenham for the first two days of the festival in March.

A week in Walberswick during the new "Spring Break", one of Englands most delightful villages.
    August, 2 weeks in Kos at a rather nice looking hotel.

Christmas, New York for Mrs Chirps *0th.
  • Options
    Bless you Welsh and Addickted, come on Carts, you know it makes sense.

Solidgone - ever been to California before? To use the venacular - IT SUCKS! Actually SF is okay, but as for the rest of it... rather be in Blackpool mate.
  • Options
    I'd love to get over to you Algarve - if something can be set up between us lot on here then i'm sure a few from here will pop over!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Bless you Welsh and Addickted, come on Carts, you know it makes sense.

Solidgone - ever been to California before? To use the venacular - IT SUCKS! Actually SF is okay, but as for the rest of it... rather be in Blackpool mate.

Don't listen to him solidgone! I've been there a few times for work and back in October for a couple of weeks holiday, driving from SF down to LA and making a few detours along the way and I had a great time. Great weather, beautiful scenery, a huge choice of very different things to see or do - what more could you want?
  • Options
    The Land of Smiles as every year. Hopefully in 5 weeksish. "the family" have just brought a rubber plantation and a mangosteen farm which should be intresting. Then off down to Pattaya to see an old BMob face to get ratted for a few days with good bit of fishing thrown in somewhere. Tough life but someones gots do it !
  • Options
    Cali is a great place. Lived in LA for 3 months years back, 2 mins from Pacific Coast High Way and the beech. Even got a big old Trans Am and drove from LA to Vegas. Stopped all over the place. Santa Barbera loverly place. San Diago mostly loverly. Only a few hours drive to Arisona. Loved it all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]The Land of Smiles as every year. Hopefully in 5 weeksish. "the family" have just brought a rubber plantation and a mangosteen farm which should be intresting. Then off down to Pattaya to see an old BMob face to get ratted for a few days with good bit of fishing thrown in somewhere. Tough life but someones gots do it !
    Mangosteen is the most beautiful fruit I have ever had the pleasure of eating. Bit like a cross between a mango & a lychee. Absolutely delicious!!
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Bless you Welsh and Addickted, come on Carts, you know it makes sense.

Solidgone - ever been to California before? To use the venacular - IT SUCKS! Actually SF is okay, but as for the rest of it... rather be in Blackpool mate.[/quote]

Don't listen to him solidgone! I've been there a few times for work and back in October for a couple of weeks holiday, driving from SF down to LA and making a few detours along the way and I had a great time. Great weather, beautiful scenery, a huge choice of very different things to see or do - what more could you want?[/quote]

Don't listen to HIM solidgone. Rude ignorant people, everywhere closes at 10PM, if you are eating they are virtually pushing you out of the door. If you have two glasses of wine they look at you like you are some kind of alcoholic. They are thick as two short planks, and have no idea what is going on beyond the end of their driveway. If you turn the wrong way on a street theres a good chance you will get shot. Yeah it's a lovely place...

Oh and I forgot, you have to add about 25% to the prices on a menu for tax and the tip that they all expect, even if they have spat in your eye and called your mother a whore.
  • Options
    Errrmmm, guess you'll have to make up your own mind solidgone!

(Bloody hell Algarve - sounds like you were unlucky, the only place I witnessed any of that was when we spent one night in Carmel (which I really didn't like) really dull, everything was snooty art shops and EVERYTHING was shut by 10pm. Other than that found everyone to be really pleasant and had no problem in any of the other 7 or 8 towns/cities that I stayed in staying out 'til the wee hours).