Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I got sunshine..... Booked my Hols, where are you going?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Long Beach, got to the Kentucky at ten to ten, "All we have got is a sweetcorn, two pieces of chicken and a tub of coleslaw, you can have them if you like".

Long beach, Indian restaurant, 15 of us, they were bringing up the main course before the starters were finished because it was getting towards 9.30.

Hollywood, Sunset Blvd, Mexican restaurant - out the door with a sh***y stick at 5 past 10.

The tirade of abuse hurled at an old couple by a bus driver after they had asked him if the bus was going downtown left me open mouthed. "What does it say on the front of the f****g bus? Does it say downtown on the front of the f****g bus, do you think I am going f****g downtown..."

I could go on, but I think you get the picture.
  • Options
    Hua Hin in Thailand for 3 weeks in September, though no ting tongs for me now as I am a respectable married man.
  • Options
    Just had the weekend in Marrakech, am cycling to South of France (for charity mate) in May....other than that...nothing planned...hopefully Stockholm to meet up with the swedish addicks in June...

Very lucky in that I get 30 days paid...

Was in San Francisco / surrounding area in May for the 3rd time in ten years - love it and would recommend anyone (solidgone)
  • Options
    Like I said, I quite liked SF, they are a bit more world wise there, and you have great public transport too. Plus the Giants of course...
  • Options
    This time next week I'll be in Cancun, good times. Gonna miss the biggest game of the season so far, bad times! Moral of this story, never let your girlfriend book your holidays!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Bless you Welsh and Addickted, come on Carts, you know it makes sense.

Solidgone - ever been to California before? To use the venacular - IT SUCKS! Actually SF is okay, but as for the rest of it... rather be in Blackpool mate.

Don't listen to him solidgone! I've been there a few times for work and back in October for a couple of weeks holiday, driving from SF down to LA and making a few detours along the way and I had a great time. Great weather, beautiful scenery, a huge choice of very different things to see or do - what more could you want?

Don't listen to HIM solidgone. Rude ignorant people, everywhere closes at 10PM, if you are eating they are virtually pushing you out of the door. If you have two glasses of wine they look at you like you are some kind of alcoholic. They are thick as two short planks, and have no idea what is going on beyond the end of their driveway. If you turn the wrong way on a street theres a good chance you will get shot. Yeah it's a lovely place...

Oh and I forgot, you have to add about 25% to the prices on a menu for tax and the tip that they all expect, even if they have spat in your eye and called your mother a whore.

I dont think I mentioned I had not been to California - methinks a joke about LV?

I've been to San Diego, LA (down town with the whores and druggies - rocknroll eh!) and San Fran. This was back in the early 80's just after Lennon died from lead poisoning.
  • Options
    We had our honeymoon in California, did a big loop San Francisco-Sonoma-Mendocino-Lake Tahoe-Santa Cruz. Absolutely loved it. I would move there (SF region) without a second thought. In fact the whole Pacific Coast from Washington, through Oregon & down to California is amazing.

I am taking over a customer account in May, based in San Francisco which will mean regular trips down there - its only a 2 hour flight from here.
  • Options
    - Scunny next weekend.
    - Overnighter to Salzburg at the end of Feb.
    - Valencia in mid-March for the festival (thanks Inspector!)
    - France for a week in June
    - Long weekend in Gower probably early Sept.
    - and finally a week of sun in November - haven't decided where yet!
  • Options
    Algarve, what is the place like for a group of (reasonably) well behaved 26-28 year old lads?

See my previous post on this thread for an explanation of that!!
  • Options
    Not sure were we are going this year, as we have just got an 11 week old cocker spaniel.
    Last coulpe of years we have gone to Villamoura.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    San Fran is awesome and apart from NY is probably the best place IMHO in the US - would still never live there though.

LA is horrendous - I know where you are coming from Algarve.
  • Options
    23rd Feb - Blackpool
    3rd March - Dominican
    17th May - Cornwall
    8th June - IOW
    19th June - Ascot
    3rd Sept - Algarve
  • Options
    Norfolk for me.
  • Options
    oh and 21st - 25th Jan - Kings Cross
  • Options
    17 days til we're off for nearly four weeks in Peru! We get back on the 4th & are going to try & back pack it straight from the airport into the Covered End so we only end up missing the Watford game..................happy days!!!!
  • Options
    ibiza.. Opening parties, mid parties & closing parties
    rock & roll!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Algarve, what is the place like for a group of (reasonably) well behaved 26-28 year old lads?

See my previous post on this thread for an explanation of that!![/quote]

Pretty good Carts, lots of decent bars, quite a few nightclubs and strip joints (!). Lots of beaches and golf courses, three good waterparks, a karting track all within a short drive, or you can book trips to them in any of the little agencies dotted around town. Floyd's is of course the ideal place to spend your hard earned, pool table, dartboard, cheap booze and Sky sports...
  • Options
    Blackpool - February
    Prague - March
    Unknown - April (With the Mrs)
    Dublin - June
    Zante - July
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Blackpool - February
    Prague - March
    Unknown - April (With the Mrs)
    Dublin - June
    Zante - July

Are you Judith Chalmers?
  • Options
    Afraid Not :o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]ibiza.. Opening parties, mid parties & closing parties
    rock & roll!

its about time you grew up, you must be 40 now? still you would fit in with all the other people who attend these, though a little on the young side. its funny how rough some of them look now after so many years of their 'happy pills'