Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Great sporting moments of our time............

..............that make you smile everytime you see them.

I will start you off with this little beauty

Comments

• Closely after that has to be Beckham's performance then goal against Greecein 2001. Without doubt if that was in a hollywood film we'd all have walked out saying it was a load of old rubbish as that sort of thing never happens in real life...Well it did, I saw it!
  • Stuart McCall falling drunk off the top of that car !
  • Nothing is going to beat this
  • Super Kev's hat-trick against Liverpool ;o)
  • Fortune's equaliser in a certain end of season game!
  • Gazzas goal against Scotland Euro 96'
  • Play off final, win againest Leeds at St Andrews, three promotions and drawing 1-1 at Stamford Bridge last game of the seanson to send them into the play offs againest Boro,que the riot
  • That Barbarians try........
  • Sir I T Botham
  • Germany 1 England 5
  • Sponsored links:

• johny last min against the sheep shaggers from down under
  • Was it the Peru defender that run out of the wall and booted the ball the length of the field when the whistle blew for a free kick at the 78 World Cup ?

Now that was a great sporting moment !
  • For me I would say the World Athletics champs in 1991 - although not a moment as such, but it included many fantastic ones.

100m world record - with a blanket finish
    long jump WR - Bob Beamons jump finally beaten
    Liz McColgan absolutely destroying the field in the women's 10km
    mens 40x400m relay - Mad Staring Akabusi just pipping the USA on the lune
  • The 100M done in a bout 5 seconds and then they find the guy is on drugs. The clue may have been that his eyes where bright ORANGE !!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Was it the Peru defender that run out of the wall and booted the ball the length of the field when the whistle blew for a free kick at the 78 World Cup ?

Now that was a great sporting moment !

No it was Zaire and it as in 1974 ...
  • The 1976 West Indies/ England test series

The 1983 Cricket World Cup

The 1994 World Cup when Baggio blasted the ball over the bar
  • The Ashes over here a few years back.....not that I'm a massive cricket fan !, but fantastic sport.

England V Scotland Euro 1996 and the 4-1 Holland win in the same Tournament.
  • [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]

No it was Zaire and it as in 1974 ...

No wonder i couldn't find it !!!
  • Beckhams pen against the Argies 1v 0

Phycos pen in the shoot out when he faces the crowd after scoring, was with him in that second.

Gaza crying and kissing the England badge.
  • Gazza's free-kick against the scum in the 1991 FA Cup Semi-Final for me.
    It still sends a shiver down my spine every time I see it.

Was only 13-14 at the time but my god, how we celebrated...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0LZbyccHow
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2008
  • Mexico 86. England v Poland. Lineker hat-trick.Had his arm in plaster as well.
  • Not so much sporting moments, but the reaction of those involved at the time.

Kris Akabusi after winning that last leg of the 4 x 400m relay, especially beating the invicible Yanks.
    Stuart Pearce after THAT penalty
    Gazza's run, chip and dentist chair celebration against the Sweaties - especially after MacAlistars missed pen.
  • as well as others mentioned previously
    the last aussie wicket when they needed only 3 runs to beat us after seemingly being out of the match (trent bridge?)
    any ryder cup victory, after the yanks danced all over the line of our putt when it actually wasn't all over.
    the fat bloke the took that catch for bermuda in the twenty 20 world cup.
    roger milla during the 1990 world cup finals
    that bloke in the sydney olympics that competed in the swimming when he actually needed armbands.
    kevin (he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy) keegan losing it in the 'i would love it' interview.
    stern john in the 90th.
    being at wembley in the wigan end (well 8000ish) when they beat millwall.
  • Rugby World Cup final against the Aussies.....brilliant........and again this time around, they were really full of it before the game and we did them again.....great moments. Ipswich in the play off semis, I got a bit emotional for that one. and as somebody rightly pointed out...the Ashes in 2005....a great time to be living in Oz :-P
  • [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Zaire freekick
    I've seen that so many times but it still makes me laugh!
  • A black moment was Paula Radcliffe crapping on the streets of London on her way to another win in 2005
  • has to be the boxer whos mum came on and hit the other guy on the head with her heels to stop him getting hit.

quality

or the boxing guy who couldnt get through the ropes to get in the ring in the ended up crawling under the bottom rope.. On winning the fight tried to do a naz and fell straight on his mooey
  • Stuart Pearce after THAT penalty

Gotta agree Addickted, that was the best!
  • Not the win itself, but Murray Walker after Damon Hill won the F1 title.

'...and I've got to stop now because I have a lump in my throat'