Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£4 MILL REID BID

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]no way we cannot under any circumstances sell him unless we have a replacement is lined up

we cannot do this to ourselves again, i don't care if he wants to talk to them, he can shut up until June - REFUSE, BE STRONG

Don't think this would be quite as bad as losing Parker.
  • Options
    Totally agree leaburn.
  • Options
    I can't see it being much of an issue we have played our best football since he has been injured and don't have to resort to 4-5-1 anymore just to fit him. I would wish him well, and to be honest I don't think he is anywhere near as important as parker was to the team.

Murphy might be a better analogy as Murphy was so light weight the only way we could fit him in was 4-5-1 as well. Luxuries we can't afford.
  • Options
    it's the same thing though Carly, not in terms of player quality but in terms of a habit of selling your pivotal player halfway through a season

January transfer windows have lost us Parker, Murphy, seen us buy Marcus chuffing Bent and now another disaster?
  • Options
    locked on he will go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]how are we going to get Hoolahan in in just over 24 hours

you forget, this is Charlton, we don't plan ahead for these things, look at Dowie, Murphy, Parker, if Reid goes tomorrow they will sit down at 9pm and think of who to replace him with.

Honestly over the last few games we've built up a real belief on and off the pitch, the loss of your out and out best player and captain puts us back to square one.

People who say he hasn't contributed much and we don't need him have short memories. He held us together in the first half of the season and scored some valuable goals.

Didn't Pards sign maccarena and Tevez on the last day?

Heres hoping ;-)
  • Options
    Pards didnt sign them it was Terrence Brown. He didnt really want them
  • Options
    he wanted the wife
  • Options
    lol nolly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]how are we going to get Hoolahan in in just over 24 hours

you forget, this is Charlton, we don't plan ahead for these things, look at Dowie, Murphy, Parker, if Reid goes tomorrow they will sit down at 9pm and think of who to replace him with.

Honestly over the last few games we've built up a real belief on and off the pitch, the loss of your out and out best player and captain puts us back to square one.

People who say he hasn't contributed much and we don't need him have short memories. He held us together in the first half of the season and scored some valuable goals.

Spot on. Even if he doesn't make it back into the first 11 initially, he's a fantastic option to have on the bench. We can sell him in the summer if things don't work out, but for now I hope the gentleman's agreement holds firm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hes going.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    and by the way... without him, as attacking midfield options we have: Ambrose, Thomas, Sam

so what happens when one or two get injured/suspended?

waste Zheng as a wide player? throw in Racon out of position? drop Varney back to accommodate Iwelumo up front?

experiment by pushing Moo2 or Basey into wide positions?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]I can't see it being much of an issue we have played our best football since he has been injured and don't have to resort to 4-5-1 anymore just to fit him. I would wish him well, and to be honest I don't think he is anywhere near as important as parker was to the team.

Murphy might be a better analogy as Murphy was so light weight the only way we could fit him in was 4-5-1 as well. Luxuries we can't afford.

The thing is though, he is a player who can make the magic pass to unlock the most obdurate of defences. I'd rather keep him except if we can bring in one/two quality additions to the squad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Come on! He missed over half of last season and has missed half of this one. Ok he is our only truly creative midfielder but we are starting to look and play like a team. Where would he fit in? It would mean changing everything again.
    4 mil or even 3 mil, sell, sell, sell!

Sorry dave you have facts wrong,reidy has been out for a month and half,not half the season he got injured 16th dec.I'm fed up reading injury prone bollocks,he had a hamstring problem which was finally diagnosed and successfully orperated on.He played 3 years at forest no stop no injuries.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]hes going.

going.....
  • Options
    the only guy to replace him that would make me happy would be Song
  • Options
    the only guy to replace him that would make me happy would be Song

That'll never happen.
  • Options
    why ?
  • Options
    I'd take Joe Ledley or Hoolahan grudgingly but think I'm dreaming.

If Reidy goes it will be for the dollar, and that dollar will go straight back into the pot I feel.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    interestingly, i just found out Reidy is YOUNGER than wes hoolahan... puts a different perspective on the out with the old, in with the new some would be advocating
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pards has been saying that he was on guard against late bids and if we sell Reid without replacing him with a decent player it's an absolute joke. I'm hoping we'll see thedifference in the way Pards deals with the situation as opposed to how Curbs did.
  • Options
    just my opinion pete.
  • Options
    mart dont think Pards has anything to do with it
  • Options
    fair enought browny cant see SOng getting a game for Arsenal he might like Charlton. we need a replacment though no bullshit like last time.
  • Options
    Sell him for that. He's by far the best player at the club but far too injury prone.

if you believe everything you read, Martin Jol said pretty much the same thing when he sold him to us.
  • Options
    He's NOT injury prone at all though, he had a long term injury that had never been dealt with.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]mart dont think Pards has anything to do with it[/quote]

Of course the Board will have the final say but they wouldn't ignore Pards if he was really against it. I think Pards won't mind as long as we get a player in.
  • Options
    SELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]if you believe everything you read, Martin Jol said pretty much the same thing when he sold him to us.

What? He was the best player at Spurs? ;-)
  • Options
    Id love to see Song at Charlton as much as you Pete but just can't see it.