Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Interview technique

So, next week I'm starting interviewing for a new assistant, I bloody hate it, I'm sure I get more nervous than the candidate.

Anyone got any tips as to what I should be looking for?

Also anyone know someone looking for a junior job for shite money, let me know!

Comments

• Options
    "Anyone got any tips as to what I should be looking for?"

Someone who's enthusiastic, intelligent, confident. And if she's got big tits it's a bonus.
  • Options
    I would never look at my staff in such a derogatory manner.

Blonde is good ;-)
  • Options
    What do you do Stu of SE7? What type of work are you in?
  • Options
    I'm a trainee lawyer and manage my firms debt recovery department.
  • Options
    what type of law.
  • Options
    Mainly debt recovery, with other types of litigation when needed.
  • Options
    oh i thought you were a fancy one.
  • Options
    What would a fancy one do then?
  • Options
    criminal or something,work with the fancy wig brigade.
  • Options
    There is next to no money in criminal law though, that's probably the only type of law I'd never want to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what about criminal defence for gangsters must earn a tidy sum if there found not guilty
  • Options
    stu is it true that if you confessed your guilt your lawyer cant defend you if you go not guilty?
  • Options
    Yeah but I don't think I could do that, how could you defend someone who in your heart you knew was guilty.

When I did my A levels my law teacher was also a criminal lawyer, used to argue with him all the time about some of his cases, one comes to mind where he got a guy off for a stabbing, now obviously he didn't KNOW the guy was guilty, as he would have been able to defend him in that situation but if I had an inclination they may be guilty I'm not sure I'd be able to give it my all.

I don't hold anything against people that do that type of work as everyone is entitled to justice and a defence, I just don't think I'm cut out for it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]stu is it true that if you confessed your guilt your lawyer cant defend you if you go not guilty?

Yes, this is very much the case, although I'm sure it happens, some people hold money above morals.
  • Options
    thought so.
  • Options
    regarding knives any fucker with one should get 4 mim,that would stop it,any prick who cant have a fair fight and resorts to that deserves shooting,oh and anyone with a gun start with ten.
  • Options
    Aye - another vote for big tits here too. In fact, I would consider any of the other assets a bonus, provided the tits were in place.

Seriously, I often have to interview for second/third line support roles in IT - though I'm not often responsible for directly managing them the interview is usually someone from HR plus the IT director and me. I guess its slightly different in IT to what it is in law though. As I'm probably one of the - ooooh, I don't know, about four percent? - of people in IT who AREN'T bullshitters, I can generally spot a liar by their CV and sift them out - usually end up with three or four candidates who are about the same skill level and then see which one comes across as the most likeable, adaptable and versatile. If you're asking technical type questions I usually like to get them out of the way with first because it sets a tone for the interview - plus it's utterly pointless if you have a good ol' chat early doors, like them then find out they can't answer technical things they should know so would be ****ing useless at the job.

Just relax - despite what you might think they are DEFINITELY more nervous than you!
  • Options
    It's actually a really weird job, 60% of their time will be with me, with a fairly busy case load doing some pretty complicated stuff.

The other 40% is a typical office juniors role, post duties, making tea/coffee for clients, covering reception cover.

So need to find someone with a brain for working with me who also won't get bored doing the 'shit'
  • Options
    How much you paying and where is it?
  • Options
    Go for the one with the best T & A

You know you will anyway mate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    got a job going in my post room/ facilities team if anyone interested
  • Options
    Essential Interview Questions:

1. Do you live in Essex?
    2. Say 'Dave'
  • Options
    just ask open questions and see how she responds,you have no reason to be nervous as she would pick up on this.
    Sounds obvious but questions starting with who,where ,when,what and why always get a good conversation going as they are open questions and she will then feel relaxed as it gives her time to respond and you time to listen to her answers.
    Always make notes as this also gives you time to think even if you are just writing down nothing important.
    If this is the first time you have done this speak to a work mate or your manager and do a rehersal and ask your work mate how they felt this went.
    Preparation is the key
    Something to remember is fail to prepare prepare to fail.
    Good luck
  • Options
    "just ask open questions and see how she responds,you have no reason to be nervous as she would pick up on this.
    Sounds obvious but questions starting with who,where ,when,what and why always get a good conversation going as they are open questions and she will then feel relaxed as it gives her time to respond and you time to listen to her answers.
    Always make notes as this also gives you time to think even if you are just writing down nothing important.
    If this is the first time you have done this speak to a work mate or your manager and do a rehersal and ask your work mate how they felt this went.
    Preparation is the key
    Something to remember is fail to prepare prepare to fail.
    Good luck "

Still think you should base it on tit size
  • Options
    had to interview hundreds over last 10 years all levels.

* What do they know about the job they have applied for ?
    * Give him or her the. Difficult customer,client, work mate question.
    * One totally off the wall question see ifthey are awake !
    * A few techi questions, re risk etc.
    * Most difficult previous task.
    *Biggest achievement to date.

Then go for boob size .
  • Options
    For that sort of job, it is all about the aesthetics.

Go for breast size and shape of arse
  • Options
    At the end of the Day Stu you'll interview several candidates & choose the women/girl you fancy anyway so don't worry about it. :-)
  • Options
    Ket's, can you believe this NOT A SINGLE FEMALE HAS APPLIED, therefore I'm actually going to have to take it seriously this time.

Not impressed.
  • Options
    Mind youif its a guy ,ask if he eats red meat, hates newts, and hates Gooners. Jobs a good en.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Mind you had a CV once from a guy who said he a Noble Prize for discovering an element ! Told HR to sort their life out , but they made me interview him as they thought he was a plant from the CRE ? well he was a plant (some sort of Tulip i think) !

Another lady who said she could only work when it was day light and that included geting to and from her home. Which in winter means she would have been part time. Thing was as this was a religous thing (strict jewish) there was no way to say she didnt get the job on those grounds. She was a darling as well. She tuned it down before i had to think of anything.