Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brace yourselves for the obvious on Reid

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]ZZ can only play for us at the mo because of work permit regulations, i believe.

No, he loves the Club and has said he would play for free if he had too. ;0)

I love the club also, Mart ........ and I would play for free if I had too. ;o)
  • Options
    I don't think we will replace Reid with anyone in this window. We were always going to be net sellers and we have already added Gray.

We have some good midfielders in the background like Racon, who are not even getting in the squad.

Now is not the time (promotion push) but we also have some good youngsters who need to be given a go
  • Options
    So the answer is simple then Shelvey and Wagstaff in Reid out 4 mill i bank (I dont Think so)

The point of the money is fine 4 mill in would really help to balance the books but what aboutthe impact on the club.

In all interviews i have read the players like Ambrose, Sam, Holland have all said with the players coming back from injury the team are bouncing really happy that we can now go on a push for promotion,

If any think that this wont have players looking at what way the club actually are moving IMO are wrong.

it is not good business to sell your captain and most skillfull player in the last day of the transfer window (Third fecking time in 4 seasons is a pisstake make no bones about it). if there was time to find another player then the team can feel that at least the money was right to bring someone in bad decision and the stuff about him not being a great Charlton player is cack he may not be a great premier league player but he has been a great charlton player.

Sell him in the summer for 3 mill if we dont go up books would be balanced and enhanced if we do.

DONT GO REIDY. PARDS DONT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN
  • Options
    I don't think you will see a replacement signed today if he goes,that's just not the charlton way.
  • Options
    Exactly that bud yet again transfer window blues
  • Options
    The annoying/ upsetting thing is they think we are mugs.Why not say to Reid and Sunderland at the beginning of jan,right the price is 4 million you've got to the 10 jan to seal the deal after that it's off.Pards if he goes you can buy gray,but the rest is going into the kitty.Everyone is being up front and we as fans know where we stand,not on the last feckin day again please have a little respect for us.
  • Options
    Cause they didn't need him at the start of the month, as Keiron Richardson was fit, and Reid wasn't and probably would have struggled to pass a medical at the time. They've panicked and are paying top money for the player now
  • Options
    Youve got it worse than me mate i am proper pissed with it all have only just got that feeling back that we can actually get out of this league.

even though i would miss the corperate (sorry the food is good)

not happy at all about the fecking transfer window bollox that charlton love i do feel that the free season ticket scam could be behind this.

now there is a conspiercy (sorry no spell check) theroy to kick the morning off
  • Options
    Sorry Rothko it's been well documentated they were after reid before christmas so I aint havin that.
  • Options
    Keiron Richardson is the main issue in this transfer, if he was fit, I don't think Sunderland would have been prepared to go all the way to what we want at £4m, and we wouldn't have sold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i beg to differ but hey ho thats the beauty of these forums.Maybe i dont trust the board as much as you.
  • Options
    I'm sure Murray said at the AGM that we had no money to spend yet they have spent nigh on £2m for Gray so how you can say he will be sold without anyone coming in is beyond me. they have just done the purchase before the sale with a net £2m profit!!!!

North London addick, I would love to hear your views on the "Season ticket scam" cos I dont see it as anything other than a brilliant initiative.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Youve got it worse than me mate i am proper pissed with it all have only just got that feeling back that we can actually get out of this league.

not happy at all about the fecking transfer window bollox that charlton love i do feel that the free season ticket scam could be behind this.

I can see why you say what you do about a possible season ticket conspiracy theory but the maths doesn't really stack up.

A reasonable estimate for the average cost of a season ticket taking into account concessions etc and variations around the ground I'd guess is £400.

20,000 ST holders would therefore bring in £8 million. The bottom team in the Prem this season gets £30 million!

Without the offer perhaps 10,000 ST holders would have renewed bringing in £4 million. With the offer a further 7,000 renewed this season, bringing in £2.8 million IMMEDIATELY we wouldn't have had. If we go up they will get far more than the cost of the offer. If we don't go up they've had the use of nearly £3 million in their sky rockets.
  • Options
    Murray stated atthe AGM if the right price came in for a player they would sell. He also said ifthe board went to Pardew and said we want to take the offer Pardew would say "OK well i need XYZ in as a replacement"It was posted on here. Thats his bottom line.

Reid is class at this level WHEN HE PLAYS.

As for the £9million loss dont forget in does NOT include the payments for Bent , Young,Diawra. Or the parachute money. The statements was up to June 2007.

If Reid goes i hope we get cash i dont want as part payment some full back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Youve got it worse than me mate i am proper pissed with it all have only just got that feeling back that we can actually get out of this league.

I can see why you say what you do about a possible season ticket conspiracy theory but the maths doesn't really stack up.

A reasonable estimate for the average cost of a season ticket taking into account concessions etc and variations around the ground I'd guess is £400.

20,000 ST holders would therefore bring in £8 million. The bottom team in the Prem this season gets £30 million!

Without the offer perhaps 10,000 ST holders would have renewed bringing in £4 million. With the offer a further 7,000 renewed this season, bringing in £2.8 million IMMEDIATELY we wouldn't have had. If we go up they will get far more than the cost of the offer. If we don't go up they've had the use of nearly £3 million in their sky rockets.

Len, I agree it doesn't stack up but i even believe that the Board will repeat their offer if we fail to get promoted as the following season would be even more important.
  • Options
    Reid has been good this season but 4m for an injury prone player isn't a bad deal. Even if we don't sign anyone permanently to replace him doesn't the loan window open next month. Once Arsenal's players have returned from the African Cup and now they are out of the League Cup then perhaps say Song could be a runner.
  • Options
    There is no way that they will offer free season tickets again I dont think when they mooted the idea they honestly thought we would drop.

I dont see where all the prem money has gone.

If it is worth 30 mil to go up then how much do you get for staying there even if it is only 10 mill which i cannot belive, then the 7 seasons in the prem we must have amassed 70 mill plus just on league money, then there is sponsorship and corperate plus the selling of Parker,and Bent make another 27mill we proberly only spent 30 mil max on players in those 7 years (only guessing here on funds spent) .

the board always maintained that they planned for relegation but based the funds on maintaining prem status so depending on where we are at certain times of the year decisions on funds to be released or held would be made.

I do not see how relegation has made us into a club so skint that we have to sell all the time.

If we go up 18000 free season tickets lost revenue a club that is saying we have no money.

the money men at the club have been working with abramovich advisers on the marketing of a football club, how much of a selling point is it that you are giving free football to 18000 customers.

Yet if you dont go up atleast 15000 of those people will buy a new one and the prem still give you x amount of mills parachute money. If you were looking for a prespective buyer then surely these figures would look better.

if we are serious about going up why would you sell one of your best players the question requires an answer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]if we are serious about going up why would you sell one of your best players the question requires an answer.
    Think the answer is simple, much like when Murphy and Parker went.

The player wants to go.
  • Options
    NLA, you are confusing income & profit. Sure we can earn £30m in income in the Premiership but the costs associated with that are also very high. The accounts to 30 June 2007, a year when we were IN the Premiership, show that we lost £9m. There is no warchest of money that the club has to draw on. All the money we took as income in the Premiership (£30m a season, or whatever it was) was spent on buying players, paying salaries for players + staff & improving the ground. We were on the verge of being technically insolvent earlier in the year, & it was only the directors putting up yet more money that enabled us to carry on.

We will sell Andy Reid because (sadly) it is a good business decision that earns us £4m.
  • Options
    I can live with good business decisions .

As i said i was guessing at the figures.

It is the decison on the last day of the window to sell, sell him in the begining of the window come out and explain to the fans why we have sold him. that we are not goin to replace him.

dont let fans and players (they must have let the players think he is not for sale) come out with statements sayinthings are looking up as the players coming back from injury will only aid promotion push.

it stinks this way and gets peoples backs up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps the reason he is being sold today, if he is, is not down to Charlton. Perhaps Sunderland have spent January attempting to sign another player which has now fallen through and reid was their second choice? You are over simplifying the whole process by suggesting Charlton could choose to sell someone, choose which club he goes to, how much we get and what date it is done on. That is naive.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]

We will sell Andy Reid because (sadly) it is a good business decision that earns us £4m.

Hopefully, it won't turn out to be a BAD business decision because of it we miss promotion & the promised land.
  • Options
    Any club with promotion asperations would not sell one of their best players.

The time and date i do feel can be controlled. Naive would be thinking that Sunderland only just started dialog with us yesterday the story has been bubbling away for weeks. we should have told them 4mill by a date or dont bother and if that date was by 31.01.08 then it is the board that have been naive.

explanations are required 3 out of 4 seasons fecking us about like this in inexcusiable
  • Options
    Pete I am interested you said we were techincally insolvent earlier in the season,is this the case because again,i hadn't heard this and I appreciate you dont want to be shouting it from the roof tops I think we desreve to know.It's a shame but I do think the close realationship the board and the fans had has long gone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Any club with promotion asperations would not sell one of their best players.
    Watford have sold Marlon King.
    Cardiff have sold one of their best blokes to Spurs.
    Ipswich have sold their keeper to Rangers
    Burnley sold Andy Gray to us
  • Options
    And ask any of their fans if they are happy with it i bet not, You cant stop it i know that but Burnley sold Gray to us with plenty of time to get another in.

watford got a striker as part of the deal albeit that the initial deal went tits but they still got someone in.

cardif sold a defender and had adequate replacement in line

Ipswich how can you stop a player going to a club the size of Rangers
  • Options
    in all truthfulness Sunderland are doin to us what we did to Burnley let's face it.
  • Options
    NLA, imagine the following scenario that may / may not be true:

+ Sunderland enquire about Reid before the window has opened to find out the situation. Are told that we're not really interested in selling, but would seriously consider a bid at our valuation of £4m.
    + Sunderland think that's a bit toppy, so drop interest. Besides, they're real interest is in Reading's Hunt.
    + Sunderland make there bids for Hunt, and are told categorically on the third bid he is not for sale. They reluctantly drop their interest in Hunt, and return to Reid.
    + Sunderland make 2/3 cash player / cash bids for Reid, but are rejected. Player very disappointed as wants the move.
    + With the deadline approaching, Sunderland reluctantly agree to match Charlton's valuation, knowing they have paid more than they wanted.

What part of that scenario is that naive ?
  • Options
    truth is that Sunderland have been chasing that 'orrible 'erbert Hunt from Reading all window and now have turned at the last minute to their second choice. Not a lot we can do about that and IF the player wants to go then they hold all the cards these days. Hope that there is a contingency plan but I don't think there is. Just wish the Club would be a bit more transparent about these things. Like the Dickson injury.
  • Options
    The part that leaves a club no chance to replace him mate.

If sunderland wanted him that bad tell them be n by mid january or he is going no where.

Do we know if Reidy is disapointed if so how i have heard no murmers of discontent and have been fortunate enough this season to be in an around those in who would be in the know, and all i have heard is that he is happy to stick it out here for the remainder of the season and see where it takes us.