Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brace yourselves for the obvious on Reid

13»

Comments

• Options
    To be honest if he had a gentlemans agreement with Pards that he'd stay til the end of the season and is now wanting to go at the first hint of interest in him then he can f*ck right off.
    Whilst it's obvious he'd be an asset to us for the rest of the season, we've played better without him in the last few weeks.
  • Options
    With Reid we need to play five in midfield for him to be at his most effective, consequently that means playing only one up front. Goals will get us out of this league and we aren't scoring enough, playing one up front whether it is Varney/Gray/Iwelumo/McLeod or Dickson we are not making the best use of our striking resources.

I'd like to keep Reid, but if we get £3-4m and a player (the suggestion is Greg Halford) then it might be a good deal and we'd turn a decent profit on a player who has missed around 50% of games since he joined the club through injury. But long term, if we are to go up he's the sort of player we need in the EPL.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]If it is worth 30 mil to go up then how much do you get for staying there even if it is only 10 mill which i cannot belive, then the 7 seasons in the prem we must have amassed 70 mill plus just on league money, then there is sponsorship and corperate plus the selling of Parker,and Bent make another 27mill we proberly only spent 30 mil max on players in those 7 years (only guessing here on funds spent) .

So wheres all the money gone then?The club has publically issued accounts, Murray and his fellow directors have personally invested some £20M or so an freely admit that they did so without expecting to get the money back. None of the board (except for the CEO) draws a salary from the club. The clubs annual cost base was over £30 per annum, and the club has had to knock over 50% of them out in one season, and will have to knock out more if we don't get further parachute payments. A little slice of reality check might not go amiss.

If the club is offered top money for a player, (and one who is very injury prone) it is going to take alot to stop the deal, especially if the player wants it. Its the way of things in football. It's why Burnley sold their best striker to us last week. I hope we can get one or more replacements in time.

Last season West Ham tried to buy Baby Bent at this time. The club refused to sell him to one of our main rivals, despite the fact that he was injured at the time and knowing the financial realties of relegation. Sure they sold him in the summer for a good price. On the other hand, he might have suffered a career threatening injury and be worth nothing, and where would we be then!

What hacks me off is people suggesting that some bunch of cowboys run this club who haven't got a clue what they're doing and just allow our players to picked off willy nilly with no cogent plan. On the contrary this club is widely known to be brilliantly run and organised in a very professional manner. Yes they f*cked up last season with the Dowie/Reed problems but I'd rather we were in their hands than pretty much any other board.
  • Options
    Sure, the teams played well recently without Reidy - although it struggled in the games before that.

Ambrose is growing in influence with each game but brings to the table his own particular type of contribution, different from Reidy's.

And if Ambrose get's injured....? JT doesn't play that role so, without disruptive changes within the team, who is there in the squad who is ready to step into Ambrose's shoes?

For a promotion campaign, we do need our best creative players. Without Reidy we are very thin in that department.
  • Options
    MY OPINION
    Reid Has blown hot and cold,i have yet to see (or hear) about reid actully getting hold of that midfield position and making his mark in the game ,
    i am not saying he is crap because he is far from it,but for us to build a team around him and he is not really a kinsella a parker or even a murphy,
    i would take what is on offer and hope that we get a player but thecurrent midfielders are ok for me ,they seem to have set up more oppurtunities and given the strikers a bit more space to run in to
    just an opinion though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]What hacks me off is people suggesting that some bunch of cowboys run this club who haven't got a clue what they're doing and just allow our players to picked off willy nilly with no cogent plan. On the contrary this club is widely known to be brilliantly run and organised in a very professional manner. Yes they f*cked up last season with the Dowie/Reed problems but I'd rather we were in their hands than pretty much any other board.
    Echoed these exact thoughts in the poll thread.

We don't even know went on with Dowie last season, who knows, if he didnt do whatever he was meant to have done we may have climbed the table as we were playing well in the majority. up to when he was sacked.
  • Options
    Never doubted the running of the club do worry that relegation for 1 season (and i do believe that) could have had such an impact. Only a couple of years ago we were being told we managed the books perfectly. So yes this year was gong to be tough but and 16 for Benty a couple i think for luke young must have aided that issue.

Why do we need another 4 million now so badly

Yet i have heard on here about insolvency now that does worry me
  • Options
    So if/when Reidy goes, we could get Halford on loan for the rest of the season - what happens in May, does he go back to Sunderland.

Also, I thought Halford was a right back and IMO he's no better than Moo2. If we're not careful, we'll lose Moo2 because he's too good to be a back up right back.
  • Options
    isnt the 9 million loss before the bent profit? apologies if I'm mistaken.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]isnt the 9 million loss before the bent profit? apologies if I'm mistaken.[/quote]

i think you are right ,
    the annual report was up until june 07
    from memory
  • Options
    I thought Halford was midfield - and played for Parky probably when he made his name.
    And doesn't he have a Delap-like throw-in??

We get less than £12M for Bent - Ipswich get the rest - and it is probably staged over several years unless they sell him (which is probably the main reason they aren't selling him).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]isnt the 9 million loss before the bent profit? apologies if I'm mistaken.

According to the AGM thread (I think??) we made £11.3m profit on Bent - after Ipswich were paid off.

But we sold other players after the June financial year ending - Young, Diawarra and shipped Bent and Faye out on loan.
  • Options
    indeed we also slashed the wage bill, but what were our outgoings in players?
  • Options
    He'll probably fail the medical anyway so no need to worry :p
  • Options
    Just to try to clear this up once and for all

From CAFC consolidated profit and loss account 2007 (page 18)

Operating loss £20.372 Million

Profit on disposal of players £11.319 Million (That's the Bent money it IS already in the accounts)

Loss including the Bent Money £9.053 Million.

We had not recieved the CASH for Bent on 30 June but at that date we had over £44 Million of creditors (Page 19 notes 14 and 15) including over £23 Million of loans and overdrafts.
  • Options
    Diawara money?
  • Options
    easy fella i dont care now the main man has spoken now so money means nowt to me sorry if i put you to trouble