Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

M25 SPEED CAMERAS

edited February 2008 in Not Sports Related
TAKE NOTE!!

Subject: M25 Speed Camera Warning

For everyone who travels on the M25.................
BEWARE..............
As from 15th Feb 2008 the speed cameras between junctions 10
(Wisley/A3) and 15 (Heathrow) WILL be active. At present they are
set intermittently to activate with any vehicle travelling over 93
MPH. As from the 15th they will be permanently set to activate at
MPH.
I am reliable informed that everyone travelling over this speed
WILL
get a ticket. This will no doubt rake the Government `loads of
cash`. DON'T GET CAUGHT.

Please Forward to your Friends......

Comments

• Options
    luva luva, topman,hope you are well my friend.
  • Options
    Of course, you know one of the best ways to avoid getting a fine for speeding, don't you?
  • Options
    let someone else drive
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Of course, you know one of the best ways to avoid getting a fine for speeding, don't you?

Nick a car first?
  • Options
    MPH.

Has anyone ever gotten over 35 MPH in this stretch of the M25?

This looks like one of those e-mail viral things that regularly do the rounds, invariably they are less than reliable, still if you do 93MPH and you get caught....you deserve it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]As from 15th Feb 2008 the speed cameras between junctions 10
    MPH.

This looks like one of those e-mail viral things that regularly do the rounds, invariably they are less than reliable, still if you do 93MPH and you get caught....you deserve it.

nah it will be good info, i know luva luva and i dont think he would post a viral thing.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]As from 15th Feb 2008 the speed cameras between junctions 10
    MPH.

This looks like one of those e-mail viral things that regularly do the rounds, invariably they are less than reliable, still if you do 93MPH and you get caught....you deserve it.[/quote]

nah it will be good info, i know luva luva and i dont think he would post a viral thing.[/quote]

Hiya Oli, A.L. has just sent this to my email address will speak to him later, but it sounds like a bit of inside information.
  • Options
    yo tce duudeman, yeah i reckon its good bit of info. take note peeps

hope you are well tce
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]yo tce duudeman, yeah i reckon its good bit of info. take note peeps

hope you are well tce[/quote]

Yeah good mate, Me and Luva Luva doing that half marathon, you having a go?
  • Options
    What,me???? you havin a laff!!! is eeeee avin a laff!!!!!

No way man, sod that! how far is it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]What,me???? you havin a laff!!! is eeeee avin a laff!!!!!

No way man, sod that! how far is it[/quote]
    Lol, 13 and a bit, go on me and Andy will need some company in the last 2 positions, 1st, 2nd and third..........................................from last...
  • Options
    13 miles, sod that, i drive to the paper shop which is a 20 second walk! i am the laziest dude this side of bill and ted!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]

how far is it

LOL!
  • Options
    Hello MCS , Top banana u ! hope allswell with u and urs ? long time no see. Take this 1 as for real m8y "inside info" Dude .
  • Options
    I have received 5 seperate e-mails containing this information during the last 2 days. Not totally convinced to be honest.
  • Options
    A pal of mine works for the highways and reckons in essence it is truth but the bits about 93 moh etc are just a bit exaggerated.

As he was the one who sent it to me I'll take it as truth, but as someone mentioned earlier on that particular stretch of M25 you are lucky to do over 15mph
  • Options
    I did a Gatwick pick up at 2.30 this morning and got flashed between J6 and J5 with not a car, cone, maintenance vehicle or workman in sight. They'd closed the M26 at J5 for maintenance but the signs for 50mph were on from J6. Not happy....
  • Options
    Was the story true in the end? :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    Had to divert off the M20 and round the M25 to the M2 as the M20 was closed a few weeks back. It was about 11.00 at night and as soon as I hit the M25 there were signs saying 60mph. Then 50, then 40 and eventually 20mph. There was no traffic, no work going on, no crashes. Nothing. And they slowed me down to 20mph for no reason whatsoever. Fuckers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Luva Luva said:

TAKE NOTE!!

Subject: M25 Speed Camera Warning

For everyone who travels on the M25.................

BEWARE..............

MPH.

I am reliable informed that everyone travelling over this speed

WILL

get a ticket. This will no doubt rake the Government `loads of

cash`. DON'T GET CAUGHT.

Please Forward to your Friends......

Simple fix, don't go unreasonably fast.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Had to divert off the M20 and round the M25 to the M2 as the M20 was closed a few weeks back. It was about 11.00 at night and as soon as I hit the M25 there were signs saying 60mph. Then 50, then 40 and eventually 20mph. There was no traffic, no work going on, no crashes. Nothing. And they slowed me down to 20mph for no reason whatsoever. Fuckers!

Must've been a Spanner setting the variable speed limit that day.
  • Options
    Wow just seen the date!
  • Options
    Has the A2 had average speed camera's installed yet? From memory it was planned to go from the black prince to the Blackwall tunnel. Can't remember where I read it... possibly on here.
  • Options
    Their A2 speed camera positions on that stretch have probably killed more people than they've saved.
  • Options
    does @Luva Luva still get on here, not seen him for ages
  • Options

does @Luva Luva still get on here, not seen him for ages

Last active July 2010
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Lurker said:

Has the A2 had average speed camera's installed yet? From memory it was planned to go from the black prince to the Blackwall tunnel. Can't remember where I read it... possibly on here.

I don't think they're in yet. standard.co.uk/news/transport/london-to-get-allseeing-speed-cameras-which-catch-drivers-trying-to-avoid-road-limits-8969292.html

The irony, of course, is that the old gatso cameras take a picture of the vehicles rear number plate (not that many of them were operating on the A2 according to my detector). Whereas the ave. speed cameras look at the front of the vehicle. So motorbikes - the very vehicles that are a menace on that road in the commute - will be able to speed with impunity as they have no front plate! With otherwise slower traffic and the many lane changes because of the numerous slip roads, it seems inevitable that accidents will increase.
  • Options
    Lurker said:

Not that I've noticed but the camera between Black Prince and Danson doesnt have line markings at the moment following resurfacing and the same for the camera under the foot bridge at the Black Prince going Kent-bound, so who knows what may be around the corner.
  • Options
    ''a menace on the road in the commute''?
    Really?
    You mean the thin, light things that cause no congestion?
    Silly me - I thought it was the 5 seat + cages each with one person in busy texting away who might be causing some congestion.
    Still Charlton Life really is an education sometimes.