Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew sticks to Jimmy Seed stance

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Pards is just voicing a football managers viewpoint. I doubt there has been a falling out behind the scenes. His job is to win as many games as possible and if he feels there is an advantage to re-organising the ground then why not say it.

Of course. Disagreements are all good copy, though :-)
  • Options
    as i said before about north london addicks post, it was completly different slant on this subject, here is another....

why dont we just try to get the east stand to start more songs, you know like abroad whe different ends play off against each other! Iamagine ' we are the east stand we are the east stand we are the east stand over ere' promptly followed up by 'we are the north stand' etc. I bet it would be loud to all areas in the ground then it dont matter what the jimmy seed is doing we will be loud enough

just a thought!
  • Options
    If they ever get the full planing on the 40K then they should try to fill in the SW corner first and give that to the away fans then everyone's happy!

Sharing an end behind a goal is common place (West Ham, WBA etc) so it can be done but with the current design unless 1,000 seats + are closed off - this is possoble now (apart from last Friday) but not if we go up
  • Options
    i am with mcs on this that would make a difference,
  • Options
    wouldnt really be that hard to do neither i reckon, cos at times recently the old east has started a couple of red armys but if they could muster something else it could be done for sure, there are enough participents!

i think we need a ginger bearded bloke on a megaphone........ (this is of course a joke!))
  • Options
    what about getting the banana man sorting it out in the east
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]

why dont we just try to get the east stand to start more songs

just a thought!

Exactly.... if the fans had a bit more ooooomph and passion about them (e.g.pompey) then the atmosphere would surely pick up .
    You can't tell me that they've got a special roof or better acoustics there than we have ffs
    let's face it we don't have the most passionate support, percentage wise of home support, ipswich play off home game is the only game i can remember when there was a PROPER PROPER atmosphere for 90 minutes
  • Options
    We need someone to go around with a cattle prod
  • Options
    At the end of the day as much as it seems like a good idea the way the Stadium is built it is completely unworkable until one of both of the South/East or South West Quadrants gets built in.

Not only are there the Facility & Entrance issues there is also the matter of filling the South Stand, how many off of here will move into it, I know for a Fact I will not be. Then we are faced with the possibility of when we eventually fill the south stand & they are a load of (space filling fans) or plastics who don't sing that end up going in there anyway.
  • Options
    Not workable but at least Pardew and/or the Newshopper can get the name of the Stand right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just a thought - if we were to be promoted at the end of the year and thousands of fans with free season tickets. I wonder how many would opt in to use these free seats to sit in the Jimmy Seed if it was presented (as would be the truth) as giving the team the best chance to win.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: StevieK[/cite]Just a thought - if we were to be promoted at the end of the year and thousands of fans with free season tickets. I wonder how many would opt in to use these free seats to sit in the Jimmy Seed if it was presented (as would be the truth) as giving the team the best chance to win.

i agree