Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

pardew's slight(truth) on our away following

Comments

• Options
    agree with u, 26,000 on saturday ,1500 making noise from the north upper and the other 2500 in the upper moaning 'sit down can't see'
  • Options
    What you said at the end there mate sums up our support in one!(Lay something on for our fans)why is it we always need some incentives to take a good away following!!!???
  • Options
    I was referring to swisdoms comment with that last post.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]perhaps he should get the team to stop underacheiving ,the teams up the top are fucking shit,stop passing the buck and get us on a run.

I like Pards and normally disagree with nolly but I say this is a fair argument
  • Options
    What I really mean is that this whole discussion is boring, Pardew should shut up about it, and football should be less expensive.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Pardew wants to spend less time worrying about where the crowd should sit or why the crowd going away and more sorting out why we we can't beat teams from the bottom three.

Drives me nuts this. A manager on around a Million a year wondering why blokes on less than 20/30 grand a year can't afford to got to Sheffield on a midweek.

Although nice to see OohAah is reading the programme.
  • Options
    And Pards gets a free ride on the team bus ........

Sort it aht, Pards! :o)
  • Options
    Absolutely. I like Pards but he needs to shut up about this. I can put up with losing games but not constant criticism of fans. It's just not on.
  • Options
    I like Pards straight talking. He´s honest. 350 to Sheff Wed after beating Palarse must have been a bit disappointing for the team.
    He praises the fans when we get behind the team, and he´s honest when he feels we should be giving more.

OK, the team has been underachieving this season, but to establish ourselves as one of the Big Teams in CCC, we need a better away following.
    Fair point by BFR about noise that matters not numbers. But, there have been occasions where we´ve sold out our away section, and still failed to get behind the lads. Norwich Boxing Day springs to mind. Couldn´t even sing when we were winning. Occasionally, though, it´s the team´s fault. Biggest disappointment of the season has to be that loss up at Scunny. I really thought it was going to be a proper away day. Great build up, and great turn out, but this time it´s the team that messes up.

Let´s hope we get a combination of good support and a good performance for the next couple of games.
  • Options
    Good honest post, Rufus.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What pards doesnt seem to realise is that when we do take large numbers away the team go and feck it up.

Operation Riverside

Operation Ewood

Scunny

The list could go on and on maybe if some of the players looked up for it when we travell north of watford then so would we, I understand his gripe but does he really understand ours after all he said the effort couldnt be questioned at scunny when the majority of us agreed our effort couldnt be questioned but could you say the same for Gray,Ambrose,Moots,Iwellumo,Mclown,Magic that day i think not.

For once i disagree witrh the man
  • Options
    What Rufus said 100%.

Everyone is entitled to pick and choose away games but when we can only manage to take 1.5% of our home support to an away game, any away game, on any night, then that is a massive dissapointment.

Watford, for example, who dont have as big a fan base as us took 1000 to Sheff Utd midweek a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]the support at Sheffield was dreadful last week.

But not as bad as the team
  • Options
    Personally I think Pards is trying to make as much of everything as he can in the quest to get promotion. I also think (as I said elsewhere) that blaming small support for the failure of the team is just an excuse. It's unprovable - so easily said.
  • Options
    one for ooh aah:

Millwall had 135 at Huddersfield last night.
  • Options
    Actually i exaggerated.

The exact figure was 130.
  • Options
    Premier League Fulham had 56 at Bolton this season FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]one for ooh aah:

so about the same as we took to middlesboro for a premiership fixture!!
  • Options
    Isn't Uncle Les connected to both these games??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]one for ooh aah:

so about the same as we took to middlesboro for a premiership fixture!!

I'll think you'll find Boro away was 236 Ooh Ahh not nit picking or anything :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    130 are on the run from Broadmoor?
  • Options
    ty ketman i guess half of the 236 didn't turn up that day ;-)
  • Options
    its been proved we have better support than loads of clubs,not point going on about it anymore mate.
  • Options
    Fulham took 560 to Bolton, the Premier League made the stat up
  • Options
    fulham dont take 560 anywhere.
  • Options
    They had free buses for that game.
  • Options
    the Premier League used 56 to justify a game in Hong Kong, then they later admitted they got the number wrong
  • Options
    do you think we will take over a 1000 to sheffiled united?
  • Options
    ask that after saturday.
  • Options
    Well if we win Saturday, I'll be going to the Blades game for sure...