Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite Carry-On character...

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    [quote]No no no, I hate that bloke. He ruined those films.[/quote]

Its Jack Douglas, and he was only ok in Carry on Girls, but I didn't really see his need to be in any films!
  • Options
    Charles Hawtrey it is.

In fact, I have a Chinese fella working for me who is the spitting image. Quite uncanny. I'm a cop, he's in my drugs squad and he's the best damn undercover agent there is. The dealers never ever suspect that a man looking like CH could be a cop and he just pulls the cases in hand over fist.

I've another bloke who looks just like Dennis Healey, although we all now reckon he's a deadringer for Susan Boyle while my mukker who runs the serious crimes squad is Chairman Mao.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Hong Kong Addick[/cite]Charles Hawtrey it is.

In fact, I have a Chinese fella working for me who is the spitting image. Quite uncanny. I'm a cop, he's in my drugs squad and he's the best damn undercover agent there is. The dealers never ever suspect that a man looking like CH could be a cop and he just pulls the cases in hand over fist.

I've another bloke who looks just like Dennis Healey, although we all now reckon he's a deadringer for Susan Boyle while my mukker who runs the serious crimes squad is Chairman Mao.[/quote]

I hope the triads don't read this or that's your cover blown.

I too like Vic Flange. And Signor Pepe's, (Peter Butterworth) pronunciation of Mr Farkyharse.

It's also very interesting that the current Afghan president has a name very similar to the leader in 'Up The Khyber'.
  • Options
    The Khasi of Kalibar?
  • Options
    The Mad Mahdi!

Bresslaw was class.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It's Esma Cannon for me...........the little old bird who who dithers and blinks nervously all the time .....she was also in the rag trade If I remember rightly?
    All those old wonderful Ealing comedies........priceless they were....James Robertson Justice....Margaret Rutherford etc etc, all harmless silly fun........quinticentialy English to the core.
  • Options
    Yes, she was Soundas, with Miriam 'everybody out' Karlin, Reg Varney and Peter Jones (Fenners Fashions). Ealing's 'Whisky Galore' and 'The Maggie' : great stuff .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]The Khasi of Kalibar?
    That's the one. The president is called Khazia
  • Options
    On Facebook?

Carry on Quiz, all the stars.

http://apps.facebook.com/flixster/quiz?q=1076291&lsrc=ntqch_10d&invitor=709573569&flow=quiz
  • Options
    Can't believe that no-one's mentioned Kenneth Williams on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Can't believe that no-one's mentioned Kenneth Williams on here.[/quote]

Frying tonight!!
  • Options
    Carry on up the Khyber is currently on Film 4 +1.

Big Bernie has just uttered the immortal line, "Fakhir, Off!".

Comedy gold.
  • Options
    Best line from Carry on aboard:

Evelyn Blunt: Not for me thank you.
    Vic Flange: Oh. Don't drink?
    Evelyn Blunt: No, I tried it once and didn't like it.
    Vic Flange: Smoke?
    Evelyn Blunt: I tried it once and didn't like it.
    Vic Flange: Strange.
    Evelyn Blunt: Not at all, my daughter is just the same.
    Vic Flange: Your only child, I presume!
  • Options
    The Great Escape and The Wooden Horse are two classic British World War II escape films, but what is perhaps less well known is that one of the team involved in both of the escapes that inspired them would go on to become a star of the Carry On movies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68209738.amp
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    The Great Escape and The Wooden Horse are two classic British World War II escape films, but what is perhaps less well known is that one of the team involved in both of the escapes that inspired them would go on to become a star of the Carry On movies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68209738.amp
    Brother Belcher and Mr Fiddler!

It’s an inspirational story about a real hero. Can’t begin to imagine what 5 years in a POW camp must have been like.
  • Options
    Hattie Jacques as Matron in Carry on Nurse.
  • Options
    Love the Carry Ons, favourite has to be Sid James, if only for that laugh. The whole cast were superb though, there'll never be a set of actors of film series like it again.

My wife taught Diana Copeland's grandkid when she worked in Hampstead and she donated a Bless This House picture signed by Sid James to an auction night. I was so desperate to win it I ended up bidding against myself at one point. 

Had a chat with her after I got it as she said she'd sign it personally to whoever won. Said he was a lovely man and so funny to work with.
  • Options
    Sid James because I was told I resembled him!
  • Options
    "Facqir Off!".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brother Belcher - I've never been in a cart pulled by cows

Captain Keen - Bullocks Mr Belcher

Brother Belcher - No it's true, I haven't
  • Options
    edited February 7
    You lot are so juvenile ………Matron
  • Options
    Carry on suitcase….always reminds me of foreign travel for some reason..
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Sid James because I was told I resembled him!
    He didn’t have your sense of humour Seth
  • Options

"Devils in Skirtz"
  • Options
    Not one of the usual cast but Harry H Corbett in Carry on Screaming.

Oh, and Fenella Fielding in said film 
  • Options
    Charles Hawtrey, although Sid James was immense.
  • Options
    I'm not entirely sure why, but my favourite Carry On actor (rather than character), was Kenneth Connor. Was in loads of the films but rarely gets a mention.
  • Options
    Jim Dale is worth a mention, but my favourite actor is Sid James, and whilst it’s difficult to choose a character he played, Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond in Khyber is quality, especially the dinner party scene

My favourite film is ‘Carry on at your Convenience’ - very funny, but also a huge dose of social commentary regards Britain at the time the film was made