Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite Carry-On character...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Jim Dale is worth a mention, but my favourite actor is Sid James, and whilst it’s difficult to choose a character he played, Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond in Khyber is quality, especially the dinner party scene

My favourite film is ‘Carry on at your Convenience’ - very funny, but also a huge dose of social commentary regards Britain at the time the film was made 
    Who's your favourite Blackadder Goes Fourth character @Lordflashheart ?
  • Options
    Gotta be Mustafa Leeeek?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    The Great Escape and The Wooden Horse are two classic British World War II escape films, but what is perhaps less well known is that one of the team involved in both of the escapes that inspired them would go on to become a star of the Carry On movies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68209738.

And it was in the prison camp that he met Talbot Rothwell, screenwriter for the Carry On films
  • Options
    Not one of the usual cast but Harry H Corbett in Carry on Screaming.

Oh, and Fenella Fielding in said film 
    Frying tonight 
  • Options

• Options
    If you fancy a dose of absolute obscurity, put “you need feet” into google and see what comes up.  I like to think in an age of tik tok, influencers and only fans, Bernard could just release a song like that back in the day 
  • Options
    Probably Charlie and Peggy Hawkins (Sid James and Hattie Jacques)i Carry on Cabby!
  • Options
    Sargent Knocker of the French Foreign Legion . 
  • Options
    Marshal P Knutt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hengist Pod
  • Options
    edited February 9
    fadgadget said:
    Sargent Knocker of the French Foreign Legion . 
    Phil Silvers?

Probably one of my least favourite characters in a Carry On film. Just seems completely out of place him doing his own Bilko stuff in a Carry On. In fact I would go as far to say that he totally spoils Follow that Camel for me and I think it would be a much better film if he wasn't in it.