Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

where are they now

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
terry bullivant.

Comments

• Options
    With the scum from Brum as coach is he not?
  • Options
    Dick Tydeman? Thought he was outstanding for us for a short while...
  • Options
    Old Dicks goal against Hull the long range low curler

Class goal he looked shocked that one went in
  • Options
    kevin smith?
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]kevin smith?

Didnt he move to the US of A .. and Direct Clerks
  • Options
    Dickie Tydes ended up in insurance (salesman) I think. Class player.
    Smudger was a big star in the US indoor league for many years after leaving us.
    Anyone remember David Madden? Thought he could have been a great player but Lennie didn't give him much of a chance.
  • Options
    Yeah Dave Madden was mentioned on here recently...cant remember why.....he looked good in parts back in the day....be good to hear from some of the old players...Bob Curtis/Dave Shipperley/Charlie Wright....met Bryan Kinsey a few times going back a few years to when my eldest son used to play at junior level...
  • Options
    'Ned' Kelly?

The midfielder we signed from Southern League Bexley United, put him straight in centre midfield and he looked a world beater.

Only problem ...... after about 10 games, he was slammed inside for knifing someone......(!)
  • Options
    Kelly lived near my mum and dad and the mars bar on his face was done by his wife although he gave it Mr toughGuy he wasnt. Knocking women about was as hard as he got.
  • Options
    Wasn't Dave Madden part of a quite successful Sheffield Wednesday side?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was Laurie Madden or Lawrie....cant remember the exact spelling
  • Options
    i was goin to say that but didn't want to embarass myself if i got it wrong
  • Options
    :-)
  • Options
    Dave Shipperley and I think Andy Peake also, joined the OB.

Johnny H is a sports teacher at Whitgifts in Croydon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite]That was Laurie Madden or Lawrie....cant remember the exact spelling

Doh!!!
  • Options
    Didn't Dave Shipperley get some bravery award for hanging onto the bonnet of a criminals speeding car? Imagine having him on your wipers - you'd cack yerself!
  • Options
    paul gorman?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]paul gorman?

No, I'm sure it was Dave Shipperley.
  • Options
    no paul gorman was driving the speeding car,keep up man!
  • Options
    You're calling Paul Gorman a criminal?

I hope you've got some evidence to back that up my friend, or you'll get done for libel!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    King Arthur was a postie and still lives about 5 doors down from me!
  • Options
    What about Simon Webster ? Anyone remember a goal he scored when we lodged at upton park. Sorry cant remember who we were playing, but blimey what a volley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]What about Simon Webster ? Anyone remember a goal he scored when we lodged at upton park. Sorry cant remember who we were playing, but blimey what a volley.

Bristol City. I'm sure Mark Aizlewood headed the ball out for them and Skipper Webbo smashed it back in off the bar. I think the bar is still shaking now!
  • Options
    doubt it very much.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]doubt it very much.

You know what nolly, sometimes you are just no fun ........... no fun at all. But we love you anyway.
  • Options
    Ralph Milne runs a pub in Bristol I think.
  • Options
    The Peanut Man....

I miss him
  • Options
    Luciano Masiello ...... played a handful of 1st team matches for us as a youngster around 1970.

I remember seeing us beat Norwich City 3-0 - and after a bout of heading tennis between skipper Graham Moore & Gordon Riddick, Moore swept the ball out to the left wing where Masiello beat his man and clipped over the perfect cross for big Graham Moore on the run to volley first time into the roof of the net, from the edge of the box.

Absolute picture goal and if it had been captured on film, people would still be raving about it today.

And there's another one - Gordon Riddick, centre forward signed from Gillingham for about a fiver.
    Where are they all today?
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    last viewing of Dave Madden was surely at maidstone pre season in 1990 when he had a square up with Rob Lee and the ref made Lennie and Keith sub them both or he'd send them off

I bumped into him in the prince regent hotel in woodford a few months later where he was organising some kind of benefit do , gave him a right old dirty look for the Lee incident