Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool post match inquest

Comments

• Options
    cafc 79. I was actually talking about charlie block (amongst others)

I feel the same. I hate it when we lose but at the end of the day we support Charlton and the amount of time I've supported them I'm used to it. Charlton always seem to build you up and when you expect something they let you down.
    But I've learnt to live with that. I can take the bad times cause the good times will live longer in the memory.

While we are in a position to challenge for promotion then the season is still alive. If and when we have no chance then thats when the inquest should start.
  • Options
    true mate,it aint nearly over,but it will be if that keeps up!
  • Options
    I actually think you get some kind of perverse pleasure in Charlton losing. You may well be a ST holder and I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion but it appears that you only voice your opinion when things have gone wrong. Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps after a victory you come on these boards and tell everyone how proud you are to support Charlton and what a great performance and result it had been.

Southampton why should fans go on boards and start doing cartwheels when we win?

Basically I don't do it because after some of the crap that gets served up it's the least the fans deserve and the old phrase " How long will it last " springs too mind.

Let's get real mate we have the worse Charlton side that we have had for a number of season's at the moment, no passion no desire and no hurt when they lose, to them it is just a job you try telling some of the players who have graced a red shirt with pride over the years that.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]
    The trouble is I really don't think you want to be proved wrong and you'd love it if you're proved right so you and a few others can come on here and other boards and tell the rest of us that you "told us so".

I actually think you get some kind of perverse pleasure in Charlton losing. You may well be a ST holder and I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion but it appears that you only voice your opinion when things have gone wrong. Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps after a victory you come on these boards and tell everyone how proud you are to support Charlton and what a great performance and result it had been.

No southamptonaddick - you are wrong. I don't get any pleasure whatsoever in Charlton losing and I have big grumbles (as I do now). Perhaps after a victory I might just come on these boards and tell everyone about it - but for most of these great performances have been at The Valley where I am rarely am able to get to an internet connection until I get home - about half past midnight for 3pm kick-offs - 5am for evening kick-offs (and even then I want to try and sleep) - the latter being a dash from the ground to Victoria Coach Station. I just hope for a victory against the pigs next week .... I also have thought about bringing my laptop to a future home game (if this is possible).
  • Options
    I'm just one unhappy chappy at the moment - We all want the team to do better, and I for one will stick behind the lads as long as they are giving it everything they have got, but as soon as that stops then I will let them know what I think.

Southampton - Sorry, thought you was having a pop at me, but you weren't, I'm humbled!

Lets just hope that we can get a result from Sheff Utd - Looking at the table we drop out of the play-offs if Hull win their game in hand. Theres a long way to go but its not looking very good from where I'm sitting!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]When we were 2-0 down today I looked at the last time we went on to win after being behind and it was Sheff Weds, yes that long ago.

When 2-0 down in that game - the thought had crossed my mind at half time to back us to go down. at that moment IMO we deserved to be relegated.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_79[/cite]I'm just one unhappy chappy at the moment - We all want the team to do better

Myself included.
  • Options
    Off all of Pardews signings which have been a hit?

We have spent more than most in this league, so this would suggest we are under achieving!

We have lost to the majority of the teams on the bottom three, is this down to poor preperation or lack of motivation?

Pardew is the manager is the manager and the buck stops woth him, getting turnt over by a lesser team is something twice i would scratch but consistantly the alarm bells are ringing, something is not wuite right!

Colchester Home and Away
    Blackpool Away
    Qpr Home
    Scunthorpe Home and Away
    Plymouth Home
    Leicester Away
    Burnley Home

The only highlights of this season have come from two games againest the same team, we are clearly not motivating the team, tactiaclly nieve, and maybe we dont have the hunger, i suggest we go back to basics, and as negative it seems, i think we should look to next season, because we dont deserve to get into the play poffs let alone go up
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WelshAddick[/cite] Every team in professional football bar the top 6 in the prem goes up and down on a regular basis and we are no different.

Welsh Addick, unfortunately, these days we can´t say that´s true. As BFR pointed out on the other thread, there are a ten or so teams that due to foreign owners are very unlikely to go down.
    "This also puts the rivalry with Palace or Millwall into some sort of context, our true rivals are those who are buying up the game and the best players for their aggrandisement.".

Now, there´s the BigFour. Villa, Spurs, Pompy, ManCity, Newcastle and Everton. They´re all pumped with money and won´t be playing Championship football. We´re fuxxed unless we get bought out. And I don´t want to see us getting bought out by some folk with nothing to do with Charlton. It´s depressing, but football is becoming more and more predictable. And now, it´s even happening in our league. QPR are owned by billionaires. Who´s going to bet against them being in the Prem in three years, whereas before they looked set for League 1 next season.

Bollox to football. I´ve been pissed off with it all after Parker got stolen and then sat on the bench for Chelski.
    Although I still can´t get away from the CAFC. Right, I´m off to go watch AFC Wimbledon or FC United. Proper football for proper people!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]When we were 2-0 down today I looked at the last time we went on to win after being behind and it was Sheff Weds, yes that long ago.

When 2-0 down in that game - the thought had crossed my mind at half time to back us to go down. at that moment IMO we deserved to be relegated.

I used to think that you might have just been a pessimistic fan of the golfaddick variety, but after that comment, I KNOW you MUST be on a wind-up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rufus you are correct, but unless we adopt an american draft system this is the future.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WelshAddick[/cite]rufus you are correct, but unless we adopt an american draft system this is the future.

Shame, isn´t it. I´m stumpted and pissed off. But, I´m sure if we beat Sheff Utd, we´ll all be alot happier. Football is a very fickle game.

All this money talk is why I want the Arse to win the Prem. I don´t like them much, but teams like Chelski and now Glazer Utd make me sick. And that challenge on Edwardo was EVIL.
  • Options
    yes true about arsenal, the only thing in chelskis defence is that its boring as a two horse race now there is 3 teams and to give them credit they are in the carling cup final because thet take it seriously the others dont.
  • Options
    I was home in Surrey by 8:30 tonight after watching that absolute shambles. Quite simply Blackpool wanted it so much more than we did. They competed for every single ball all over the pitch. We looked almost arrogant at times, as though our superior class (??) entitled us to win just through turning up. Apart from Matty, who was superb throughout, I struggle to remember one of our players actually bothering to tackle somebody. ZZ had a nightmare & each & every member of the back 4 today should seriously consider giving up football as a way of earning a living.

It was totally embarrassing. Dickov was superb for them. Their two small strikers supported by two small, quick wingers just ran rings around us. OK the ground was almost conference standard & there was a gale force wind blowing down the pitch, having gathered speed as it crossed the Irish Sea, but we showed no fight or desire at all.

I've got a ticket for Sheffield next Saturday but there is no way I am going all that way again.

It was also very disturbing to see the way the players turned on Halford after his cock up lead to the 4th goal. I thought Paddy was going to thump him. Even Matty displayed open disgust. There is something not right in this team & I fear that Pards has a real battle on his hands to keep us in the play off spots now.
  • Options
    I pity you Pete, but well done for making the trip. What exactly did Halford do for the fourth then?
  • Options
    good post red pete.
  • Options
    He got in a right tangle with Weaver that just allowed Dickov to roll the ball into an empty net. He had all the time in the world to clear the ball but started dithering instead. That was the killer moment to be honest, because we might have come back from just 1 goal down.
  • Options
    Excellent post and we cannot argue the fact that we are not good enough when it comes from a person who had to sit through it.
  • Options
    Talking to a West Ham fan the other day + went up to see the game...

Curbishley will grind out win after win but bore you to death after a few years. Pardew builds teams with attacking flair - we have had an entertaining 14 months and the next 14 will be equally interesting.

Automatic promotion was never really on the cards after Dec/jan points tally so now we just need the team to gel (as it did vs Palace) in the run in and hope we can beat the likes of Watford in the play off semis

We all know that whatever happens the club will be in a completely different shape by May 2009 so lets enjoy the ride
  • Options
    I have been too fed up to post until now. I pity anybody who went to the game given the performance. I am generally loathe to criticise Pards because, unlike many who are posting on this thread, I do think he is a decent manager. I do have to question a few things after the last three performances.

1. Against Sheff Wed, why did we not have Basey on the bench especially when Pards decided to take off Youga at half-time?

2. Against Watford, why didn't Pards not have Semedo on the bench which would have been the obvious change to have made at half time to protect the two goal lead?

3. Against Watford and Blackpool, why the hell didn't he play Sodje instead of Fortune?

4. Why play a semi-fit Cook today instead of a fit Sam or Thomas?

5. Against Sheff Wed, Blackpool and pretty much all our away games since just before Christmas, why has Pards abandoned 4-5-1 which delivered such a good away record earlier in the season?

My biggest problem with Pards is that sometimes he tries to be too clever for his own good. I also blame players who didn't fancy it today, presumably because of the scummy surroundings and the strong wind?

As for the future, well unless Magic is fit, (and maybe even if he is), Sodje needs to play - we need a commanding presence. I also think that Semedo needs to come back in to the team, especially away from home.

Those who were prepared for us to beat Palarse but fail to go up maybe wondering why they wished for it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    great last point i thought of that myself this afternoon,and again if 4-5-1 is workin away from home dont change it,coz since we have we aint won feck all away from home.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Had a couple of drunken chat's with lifer's and non-lifer's who were staying up there, to say i was envious would have been an understatement especially after that shower of shite.

Average Fortune performance = SHIT, easily being caught out of position.

Basey had a fair performance in my opinion, being next to Fortune can't help him?

Halford also had a fair performace imo. But when ZZ, Ambrose and Gray give the ball away so easily, it's not exactly going to help the defence. ZZ seriously need's to open his eyes (no pun intended) and spot a player with space, gives the ball away far too cheaply.

Cook impressed me, showed some experience and could spot a good pass. Varney also worked hard.

Actually thought we played some good stuff in some parts, which we should be doing against a team full of clementines. But still most certainly not good enough.

Roll on Shefield....
  • Options
    was gray playing today?

waste...
  • Options
    5. Against Sheff Wed, Blackpool and pretty much all our away games since just before Christmas, why has Pards abandoned 4-5-1 which delivered such a good away record earlier in the season?

And why did he take so long to start playing 4-4-2 at home? It seems to take him months to see something that is blatantly obvious to the vast majority.
    I'm afraid, as Len said, Pards thinks he is too good for Charlton. He is a big time Charlie (drives a Ferrari doesn't he?). This attitude has to rub off on the players, hence the reason we get turned over by all the bottom teams and do well against the best teams.
    Should have taken the team to Bogner for the week rather than Marbellla. Reward them when when they start consistently achieving and not before.
    I don't think we have a weak squad, in fact I think we have a very strong squad, the problems are A) Wrong formation (tactics) B) Poor team selection C)Lack of motivation
  • Options
    And no player who can even come close to contributing in the same way that Andy Reid did.

Brian Howard and Wes Hoolihan are must sign players next season, but we all know that the funds available are not enough to improve this team
  • Options
    I look at it this way
    When Pardew first came we got a few results and things started to look good but at the business end it went bad and we went down.

Sold most of the team so got the players for this league to get us up. At the start it was must have time to gel. We are still in the play off places but only because this is a poor league.

The loan signings have not set the team a light and they should or why have them if they aint much better than we already have.

What to do from now I dont know but we should do some thing.

Pardew picks the team how many on here would pick Fortune?,
    I wouldn't but some how he is picked.

I will still stay up til late oclock to follow the team with no radio coverage because all said and done
    I am Charlton til I die
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_in_perth[/cite]I look at it this way
    When Pardew first came we got a few results and things started to look good but at the business end it went bad and we went down.

I think that, when Pards arrived we where 8 pts from safety. At the end of the season we had a 5 pt gap. So all in all we made up 3 pts in half a season.
    Didn't go yesterday, but went to scunny, I think the blame has to go to both the players and Pards between them they should be able to sort it out. All we ask is that a bit of effort is put in and some pride in the shirt. I don't expect us to win every game, but I do expect us to try to win every game.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Supporting a club through thick and thin is not easy, especially when you find it hard to put a reason to things.

A couple of weeks ago against Palarse I really thought we were on the move. Some of the football we played was superb and Palarse hardly had a sniff. Ok they weren't anything special but our players were focussed, up for it and skillful. By all accounts though, especially yesterday, the team looked over-confident and with too little desire; why?

I just wonder if there's some unhappiness behind the scenes and going on a training camp under those circumstances may have made things worse not better.

1. Why is Sodje not on the teamsheet, bearing in mind he was our best defender and made a huge difference to our defensive stability before he was suspended/injured?

2. What is the position regarding Thomas? He has had some mystery illness/injury but he should be inked onto the team sheet every week.

3. Semedo was extremely effective for much of the first part of the season but he's now been relegated to a bit part player.

4. Moo2 who Pards was raving about at the start of the season, has had his position taken by two different loan players.

5. Racon has hardly had a sniff.

6. Youga coming back has been good on the pitch but maybe it's had a damaging effect off it.

7. McLeod must be wondering why he ever signed for us.

The team that started the season has changed radically from the one which started yesterday and that could lead to a poisonous atmosphere behind the scenes. I'm not in the know, so this is mere speculation but team bonding is a very good thing to have but things can easily go awry if there are too many around with personal agendas.

I also wonder what effect the selling of Reid had on morale, bearing in mind he seemed to be a very popular player to have around the club.

In the end though we need to get back on track against the Blades. I think Pards will shuffle the pack again so at least some who are unhappy might get their chance.

Come on you Reds!!
  • Options
    Just seen the game on tele.

It sure seemed different to from where I was sat at Bloomfield Road..............

It was worse.

Conditions my arse. Didn't stop the home side banging them in......
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    'also wonder what effect the selling of Reid had on morale, bearing in mind he seemed to be a very popular player to have around the club.'

I said this when 'they' sold Reidy. Same affect when Parker, Murphy, Smertin all went for a fast buck.