Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Its CHARLTON FFS !!!

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Its CHARLTON same as same as !! get a big crowd give it billybigbollox and then let us all down. Its been like this since i can remember. Just when you think we might do something or your really looking forward to a game we play like dog sh*t. You either have to live with it ( as much as we all hate it) or go be a glory boy.

This year playing in the fizzy pop bollox league with both Pards and Parky at the helm i thought (wrongly) that these two would understand what is needed to get us out of this shit.They dont have a clue. We all knew u either have to have a very good side ( as we did when we came down before) or fight like crap for everything.We have been out fought and out played by far to many teams.

At the share holders AGM Murray was asked what he thought of Pards. He said "we are all (the Board) pleased with him although he is arogant". Pards dont love this club , maybe he dont have to (i dont think Curds ever did either), but he does give the impression he is to "big" for us. Now is not the time for another change, but he should be told in blunt terms this year HE hasnt been good enough.

As for the sale of Reid , i think it was a big mistake. It sent out the wrong message at the wrong time. The share issue coming along as well why the hell did we do it then ? Mind you i always thoutht stripes made u look thin, ifthats the case just how big is Reidy at the mo ? anyone see him on MoTD ? Jesus they must have had to get a shirt made for him.

I think we are where we deserve to be this year so fa.Struggling to get in the play offs. We just aint that good. We still have WBA, Bristol City,Wolves so at least we will see some of the better teams in the league. How sad for football is it that Clumpers, lumpers,throwers like Stoke and Hull are up there?

Comments

• Options
    great post
  • Options
    those teams at the top have a game and stick to it, there players now it inside out.

ours at this time in the season still seem to not know what they are meant to do. Holland and ZZ for instance one should go and one should sit but at times we have both sitting and at other times both bombing on. also our wingers are they told to come inside when they run with the ball or is it down to them as individuals. our game plan baffles me
  • Options
    Charlton are clumpers, lumpers and long throwers too! having the oversize sunderland failure hurling the ball in the box from all angles is not charlton and is my view an absolute disgrace and shows how limited Pardew really is
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Careful guys you'll have the rose tinted glasses brigade chasing you in a minute but your right it is going from bad to worse and judged by his constant drivel and bravado Pardew is not wise enough to the fact and has never once come out and accepted responsibility for his mistakes, it's always somebody elses's fault.

One of the worse managers we have had IMHO and the board seem happy to accept it.

Has he ever been called in for a face to face? It's time I think even if he does get the vote of confidence but the board should at least show us that they care in the same way as we do and failure is not acceptable to them either instead of the laid back approach of oh never mind that they seem to be sending out.

Murray was quick enough publically criticising the Diawara signing yet we have bought even worse players in since many of which were Pardew's signings.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]... but the board should at least show us that they care in the same way as we do and failure is not acceptable to them either instead of the laid back approach of oh never mind that they seem to be sending out.

When we appear to have absolute cretins on the board?
  • Options
    name the cretins Charlie please do i would love to know

perhaps grade, or ufton or simmons

or do you just mean murray who has accepted that mistakes were made why can you not leave a board who has made no finanicial gain from our club and who all have only charlton at heart, you seem old enough to remember when we had cretins running the team, give it a break man for fucks sake
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]... but the board should at least show us that they care in the same way as we do and failure is not acceptable to them either instead of the laid back approach of oh never mind that they seem to be sending out.

When we appear to have absolute cretins on the board?

What a surprise, up to your normal low standard Roy!!
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]name the cretins Charlie please do i would love to know

perhaps grade, or ufton or simmons

or do you just mean murray who has accepted that mistakes were made why can you not leave a board who has made no finanicial gain from our club and who all have only charlton at heart, you seem old enough to remember when we had cretins running the team, give it a break man for fucks sake

Well said.

Would you prefer Gliksten, who never sold a promising player to make a fast buck, or Hulyer that paragon of financial prudence?

Other than choosing Dowie, and yes we are still suffering ripples from that poor decision which he has held his hands up to, Richard Murray has done a marvellous job.

Rebuilding a ground and 8 out of 16 years in the Premiership is bloody good in my book!

I think he's earned the right to make a mistake!

Edit: In case of misunderstanding this is addressed to Charlie in the main!
  • Options
    Agree entirely, Len. This club needs Charlton supporters like Murray and the rest of the board more than ever right now. I'll trust them to know whether they should be showing Tony Blair Pardew the door or not. I certainly hope they give him a b*ll*cking, and tell him to keep his mouth shut re criticising fans and individual players.
  • Options
    i fear we are turning into tottenham fans Len i really do we should praise good work question bad but our board deserve nothing other than respect.

we should pass judgement good and bad after results you should be able to come on here and vent the anger from your splein,

however we shouldnt keep going on and on and on as to all others it becomes just a tad tedius
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]or do you just mean murray who has accepted that mistakes were made why can you not leave a board who has made no finanicial gain from our club and who all have only charlton at heart

If murray and his muppets have only charlton at heart then during the past 20 months or so they have had a strange way of showing it ...
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    Other than choosing Dowie, and yes we are still suffering ripples from that poor decision which he has held his hands up to, Richard Murray has done a marvellous job.

Rebuilding a ground and 8 out of 16 years in the Premiership is bloody good in my book!

All very commendable - but with all due respect this is way in the past.
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    I think he's earned the right to make a mistake!

One small mistake yes - but not mistake after mistake which relegated the club from the premiership then has effectively cost the club any chance of getting back there.
  • Options
    Tell me the mistakes please do charlie i must have missed them

bar the dowie reed debarcle what have they done that was so bad i must have been asleep are you sure you and reams are not the same person
  • Options
    oh yes and the cretins please name and shame them with what mistakes they made back up your statement
  • Options
    RU actually a charlton supporter at all?

"murray and his muppets" FFS get a life or go follow Millwall
  • Options
    gooner

now now we must let these fans have their say

let charlie respond by naming the Cretins apart from Murray and what mistakes they have made after all he is in the know.

well he must be cos i feel that i am pretty up with all things charlton from the mid 80's i must admit not the 50,60,70's like some on jere I salute you all

but yet i can only find the dowie reed huge cock up as a blot on their school report
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]bar the dowie reed debarcle what have they done that was so bad i must have been asleep are you sure you and reams are not the same person

But the crass decisions over dowie and reed have put the club in the real mess it is in at the moment. From a established Premiership club we are now one that is struggling to make the play-offs. In fact if things continue I fear the club being relegated to league 1 at the end of the next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]but our board deserve nothing other than respect.

Respect has to be earned - and IMO the board have done nowt in the past 20 months or so to deserve respect.
  • Options
    now Charlie dont change your tune in 2 of your posts you clearly stated we appear to have cretins on the board (by saying cretin then they must have done something to earn that tag) so you should enlighten us with your knowledge. then you went on to say mistake after mistake come along old chap enlighten us all.

or do you feel that you may just be being a little bit harsh on the board that as a whole has 99.9% of charlton fans behind it as a jolly good bunch of charlton fans who have given us a ground to be proud of 8 great years in the prem a wembley appearance in a meaningful match a league title also and all for a season ticket under £350.

now not bad that for a bunch of cretins oh yeah and we got back to the hallowed land that is Se7

give it up with your relegated to league 1 we are all doooooooooooooomed i tell you doooooooooooooooooooomed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]or do you feel that you may just be being a little bit harsh on the board that as a whole has 99.9% of charlton fans behind it as a jolly good bunch of charlton fans who have given us a ground to be proud of 8 great years in the prem a wembley appearance in a meaningful match a league title also and all for a season ticket under £350.

now not bad that for a bunch of cretins oh yeah and we got back to the hallowed land that is Se7

But with all due respect north london addick all of these positive things you mention took place before the dowie and reed mistakes. Before these crass and very costly errors I was a lot happier with the board and I don't think I had any faults with them.
  • Options
    but that is not what you posted

you posted Cretins i wish to know who and y you would wish to call them that

and mistake after mistake quantify your posting is all i ask

unless like i stated earlier you understand that they have made one error and that they accepted and appologised for their errors in the relegation season and no matter how bad you or i feel about that do you honestly think that they dont hurt more than us seeing as they were in part responsible

seeing as it was not your nor my fault yet it still hurts me like mad but i know that they hurt

you and reams have right to post what you like but you must be able to back up such negative comments or retract them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlie Block, aka Roy Arnold. You were booted off the CAFC email discussion list for your moronic posts full of drivel. I feel your time here is also up - I just hope admin here are thinking the same. You bring nothing to this forum whatsoever.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Charlie Block, aka Roy Arnold. You were booted off the CAFC email discussion list for your moronic posts full of drivel. I feel your time here is also up - I just hope admin here are thinking the same. You bring nothing to this forum whatsoever.

I'll second that.

The man clearly has issues that, unfortunately, I am not professionally qualified to begin to help with.
  • Options
    "respect has to be urned and our board has done nothing in 20 months" so the fact they they kept us in the prem league for 7 years, got the ground looking as it is counts for nothing.

go away.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]"respect has to be urned and our board has done nothing in 20 months" so the fact they they kept us in the prem league for 7 years, got the ground looking as it is counts for nothing.

go away.

Short and to the point, Mr GH I salute you.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    "You bring nothing to this forum whatsoever"

This is my last post before I retire from this site for good.

Medders this is not aimed at you but as you bring it up I will just add one last comment.

In forum ruless I have read nothing about what people can and cannot bring to the forum itself just as long as it is not slanderous, libelous or of a befammatory or offensive nature.

On here you have to go with the flow to fit in with many contributors to the site if you don't you get abuse and are basically told that you are not wanted.

Nobody has a right to tell a person your time is up on here apart from the admin and if that occurs because they do not like your opinions then I for one would rather not be here which is what I have chosen.

People have a right to say what they feel and choose not to be a member of the Pardew/Board can do no wrong brigade.

it's 2008 if Charlton fans choose to live in the past fine but I am not one of them.

It was down to the hard work of the board that we returned to the Valley made it to the Premiership and filled the stadium every week and I am proud to have been a part of it but things change and those days have gone, how long do we have to be thankful for?

I do not one of those people who is prepared to sit back and say to the board because of the great years you have given us you will never do any wrong in my eyes, far from it.

They have made mistakes and undone alot of their hard work and should expect criticism so should Pardew what has he brought us what players has he improved? Look at Youga couldn't get a sniff yet goes to Scunthorpe and they create a player for us.

Anyway as I said that is my parting piece.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]"respect has to be urned and our board has done nothing in 20 months" so the fact they they kept us in the prem league for 7 years, got the ground looking as it is counts for nothing.

All of which happened more than 20 months ago ... If you want to live in the past goonerhater it is not my problem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Charlie Block, aka Roy Arnold. You were booted off the CAFC email discussion list for your moronic posts full of drivel. I feel your time here is also up - I just hope admin here are thinking the same. You bring nothing to this forum whatsoever.

It seems that Medders thinks I am a moron - well Medders it takes a moron to recognise one.
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

I'll second that.

It would seem that Off_it is also a moron.
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]The man clearly has issues that, unfortunately, I am not professionally qualified to begin to help with.

And given that Off_it is also a moron - there is probably nowt that Off_it is professionally qualified for.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]it's 2008 if Charlton fans choose to live in the past fine but I am not one of them.

I am also not one of those who lives in the past.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]or do you feel that you may just be being a little bit harsh on the board that as a whole has 99.9% of charlton fans behind it as a jolly good bunch of charlton fans who have given us a ground to be proud of 8 great years in the prem a wembley appearance in a meaningful match a league title also and all for a season ticket under £350.

But with all due respect north london addick all of these positive things you mention took place before the dowie and reed mistakes. Before these crass and very costly errors I was a lot happier with the board and I don't think I had any faults with them.

Charlie/Roy,

your nose must be getting longer and longer. What about all those posts on the mailing list calling for Curbishley to be sacked and exhorting the board to have balls to do it, or have you conveniently forgotten? Your unhappiness with the club pretty much knows no bounds. You are so anti everything about our club that you either support somebody else and all of this is part of a very clever wind up or you should seriously consider supporting another club, either way please don't insult our intelligence by claiming that you thought everything was rosy in the pre-Dowie era.
  • Options

It seems that Medders thinks I am a moron - well Medders it takes a moron to recognise one.
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

I'll second that.

It would seem that Off_it is also a moron.
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]The man clearly has issues that, unfortunately, I am not professionally qualified to begin to help with.

And given that Off_it is also a moron - there is probably nowt that Off_it is professionally qualified for.

So tell me roy, what is it that you do exactly? Aside from childish attemps at winding people up with your pathetic posts, that is.

I seriously think you have problems old fruit. I would help you if i could, but i fear you may already be too far gone.