Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Its CHARLTON FFS !!!

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]It seems that Medders thinks I am a moron - well Medders it takes a moron to recognise one.

Oh dear. Not heard that one since the school playground.
  • Options
    i love you guys,let delete the hate,and replace the love.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Your unhappiness with the club pretty much knows no bounds.

I don't think there are that many who are happy with the club at the moment.
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]What about all those posts on the mailing list calling for Curbishley to be sacked and exhorting the board to have balls to do it

I feel that these were more grumbling at the very poor run during the last ten games of every season that Curbs was in charge.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]On here you have to go with the flow to fit in with many contributors to the site if you don't you get abuse and are basically told that you are not wanted.

Nobody has a right to tell a person your time is up on here apart from the admin and if that occurs because they do not like your opinions then I for one would rather not be here which is what I have chosen.

People have a right to say what they feel and choose not to be a member of the Pardew/Board can do no wrong brigade.

Charlton Life's motto, from the song is "live, love, laugh and be happy", perhaps it's you who has misunderstood what this site is all about Reams? It is meant be a mainly positive forum for discussion. It is a tricky area when people come on slagging off the board. 99% of fans support the Board, so it's not surprising that we close ranks when people call them "cretins". Personally I am offended by that description of any human being which seems to me to be a word from a less tolerant and misunderstanding past when people with mental illnesses were locked away to keep them out of sight.

Notwithstanding the generally positive nature of this site, we do have impassioned debates and feelings will run high after bad defeats like yesterday. It's up to the moderators whether they wish to block Charlie or is it Charlie Block, those who know him of old, know that the kind of comments which encompass the word "cretin" is par for the course from him.

So go if you want, I hope not because there is not reason for you to take umbridge but if go you must then so be it.
  • Options
    make you right bing on the cretin bit,same with people using words like retard etc,it makes my blood boil.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]make you right bing on the cretin bit,same with people using words like retard etc,it makes my blood boil.

My son has specific learning difficulties and in an earlier time, he would no doubt have attracted the epithet "retard". He is very bright but can't read or write, labels like that can be very damaging.
  • Options
    make you right bing,most people dont mean there comments,but still why say them,i was brought up a diffrent way i guess .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Charlton Life's motto, from the song is "live, love, laugh and be happy" ...

With all due respect I don't there is much cause for the last two at the moment.
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    99% of fans support the Board, so it's not surprising that we close ranks when people call them "cretins".

Again with all due respect - I am finding it a bit difficult to support the board at the moment. They have done commendable things in the past but it is in the past.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Charlton Life's motto, from the song is "live, love, laugh and be happy" ...

With all due respect I don't there is much cause for the last two at the moment.
    99% of fans support the Board, so it's not surprising that we close ranks when people call them "cretins".

Again with all due respect - I am finding it a bit difficult to support the board at the moment. They have done commendable things in the past but it is in the past.

Have not some of the Board committed further Funds to the Club. Thats not in the past thats now.

And there is always scope for laughter and happiness. I laughed quite a lot at Blackpool.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    As for usage of the word "cretin":

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
    cre·tin (n)
    1. A person afflicted with cretinism.
    2. Slang An idiot.

Also I am not the first person to call others connected with a particular football club "cretins" - the same person also called these others "scum". Maybe I have lived in Sheffield too long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]
    Have not some of the Board committed further Funds to the Club. Thats not in the past thats now.

But what good is these further funds during a closed transfer window?
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]And there is always scope for laughter and happiness. I laughed quite a lot at Blackpool.

When we are getting thrashed by Blackpool?
  • Options
    adsads
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]I
    As for the sale of Reid , i think it was a big mistake. It sent out the wrong message at the wrong time. The share issue coming along as well why the hell did we do it then ? Mind you i always thoutht stripes made u look thin, ifthats the case just how big is Reidy at the mo ? anyone see him on MoTD ? Jesus they must have had to get a shirt made for him.

yea saw him on MOTD, looked very similar to bully bullseye in that shirt, looks as though he's been tucking into the beers n pies again
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]As for usage of the word "cretin":

cre·tin (n)
    2.SlangAn idiot.

Also I am not the first person to call others connected with a particular football club "cretins" - the same person also called these others "scum". Maybe I have lived in Sheffield too long.

So you agree then, totally inappropriate and offensive.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    "with due respect" you talk total bollox.

I some times think the the WWW was only designed for guys with tiny dicks and no balls to insult and wind people up. They sit in front of their paper on the train almost creaming themselves thinking of what total rogues they are to say something and get people to rise to their bullshit.Of course knowing they would and could have the balls to say anything remotely like it in public.

Well done mate well done now naff off back to your rubber doll .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Well done mate well done now naff off back to your rubber doll .
    That went straight over the back of the stand on Saturday...
  • Options
    Take a look at Charlie blocks photo, says it all.
  • Options
    edited February 2008

cre·tin (n)
    2.SlangAn idiot.

As I used the word in the context of the second definition listed rather than the first - no.
  • Options

cre·tin (n)
    2.SlangAn idiot.

As I used the word in the context of the second definition listed rather than the first - no.

Roy, if you can't see that using the word in a slang way is inappropriate then I fear for you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    That went straight over the back of the stand on Saturday...

not surprised in that wind, poor cow!
  • Options
    I thought the bloody stand was gonna go at one point....

MFI Bollocks.

On another note, it was with despair that I saw people slagging Curbishley and calling for his head after all he had done for the club. Yes, we all hated the annual slide down the table at Easter time, but luckily it never mattered as we were usually clear of the relegation shit fight. No doubt these moaning twunts eventually made Curbs despair enough to walk away and leave them to their unrealistic expectations. Well, as they say, you don't know what you've got 'til its gone and here we are. In the championship. And now they blame the board who only ever did what they thought was right for the club and then had to appoint a new manager when Curbs had, understandably, decided he didn't need the hassle. Because of them. You've got to laugh, eh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    funnily enough most of the Curbs out brigade are now rapidly forming the sack the board/Pardew brigade...

where shall we aim for? what shall be the extent of our self-inflicted decline... how about Bradford? Nestling in mid table security in League 2 after relegation from the premiership in 2001

people don't seem to learn from the past
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Yes, we all hated the annual slide down the table at Easter time, but luckily it never mattered as we were usually clear of the relegation shit fight.

Never mattered four years ago before this slide the club was in 4th place in the table (or thereabouts)? If the club hadn't had this slide and keept things going I think Charlton would have got at least nine more points and therefore finished in fourth place. And that would have meant European footy at The Valley ...
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]where shall we aim for?

Champions League football at The Valley in five years .. Given that four years ago the club wasn't that far off it I don't think it is THAT unrealistic that the club should try for it.
  • Options
    wow champions league football in 5 years

how much did spurs spend this summer to achieve that 50-60 million and are still a million miles away

q1 where do we get that money
    q2 what tablets do you buy and where can i get me some
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]wow champions league football in 5 years

how much did spurs spend this summer to achieve that 50-60 million and are still a million miles away

Four years ago we had less money yet we were even closer ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Yes, we all hated the annual slide down the table at Easter time, but luckily it never mattered as we were usually clear of the relegation shit fight.

Never mattered four years ago before this slide the club was in 4th place in the table (or thereabouts)? If the club hadn't had this slide and keept things going I think Charlton would have got at least nine more points and therefore finished in fourth place. And that would have meant European footy at The Valley ...
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]where shall we aim for?

Champions League football at The Valley in five years .. Given that four years ago the club wasn't that far off it I don't think it is THAT unrealistic that the club should try for it.

Bit like Leeds. Yeh good idea.
  • Options
    the diffrence then charlie was that our one quailty and i mean real quality player that we had who was the engine behind all that we did left and went to a team with the kind of money that teams like us will never see,

why did he go you may ask

because we had no money

now you knew that when you started to support charlton if that is your picture you seem old enough to remeber when charlton you were lucky if there was going to be the odd death or glory match, we may have a cup run we may get out of the league that we were in and end up in the holy land of the premiership that alone though was never going to be enough to stay there we needed a real injection of cash and a manager who was good enough to keep us there.

we had the manager to keep us there we had the ten year plan,

then the grumbles started to appear then the phone ins were full of curbs must go he has taken us as far as he can the internet boards were full of the same so the man who could keep us there for the 10 year plan left with 3 years to go because and dont kid yourself that the grumbling didnt aid his decision it may have been the bit that tipped him over the edge we will never know.

and then the decline began the dream was over for all those realists that although craved the glory and the oportunities that you speak of always knew really it was all about staying in the league and building not buying success.

now we have to build again the plan this time starts with 2 years of rebuilding and trying but yet again those that want it in an instant are moaning again.

yes i stick up for pards because i was bought up on stability from Lennie to Curbs then that changed so i blame that change on why we went down and i believe that pards can get us back there and i am prepared to wait because as addicks that my man is what we do
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    Great post NLA - agree with everything you've said.

It looks like this "instant success syndrome" or ISS as i like to call it ;-) has filtered down from the boardroom wanting instant results to sections of fans throughout the football world.

What a shame.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    yes i stick up for pards because i was bought up on stability from Lennie to Curbs then that changed so i blame that change on why we went down and i believe that pards can get us back there and i am prepared to wait because as addicks that my man is what we do

brilliant last paragraph NLA.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    So Curbs left because of a few phone calls to Talksport.

The real reason lies with Curbishley and Murray.

Dowie, Mills, Reed, Robson team was a shit decision replacing Curbishley the board should of pushed the boat out and got a better manager. Dowis only had one unsuccesful season in the Premiership at our main rivals. I would not employ a guy who was humiliated on the pitch by our fans after we sent the Palace down. Hay its not my money just incase someone to point out.

I was fully behind Dowie when he was there as he was our manager even I knew in the back of my mind it was not going so great. Just because some of us want success we should not be banned or ignored, laughed at same as the opposing point of view thats what foums are for.

Pards will turn this around he has a policy of shipping in players and shipping some out.
  • Options
    no one is banning anyone from where i see it boards should be used for opposing points of view

my point of view being that it didnt help the constant calls and slagging off of the man if you disagree fine by me

do you think that the season when he came out on the pitch to tell us he wasnt going to west ham that year it helped that he knew we were all behind him or hindered.

and if it was only a few why did his brother feel the need to phone one in to criticise the short sightedness of it all

yep the board fecked up big time however the reasponse from me to charlie is about champions league in 5 yrs time not the misgivings and mistakes that were made

i wanted george graham for a couple of years to keep us in the league and get us to 10 years in the prem that however wouldnt have suited all football is about opinions and not who can shout or type the fastest thats why i like it on here cos we all can or could have grown up debate and arguments without resorting to threats and insults