Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A sad day in SE10

Goddards pie and mash shop is shutting down.

Tragic!

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2006
    What!? Today?!
    That is bad news.

On a different note, in a couple of weeks the Somerfield at the Standard is becoming a poncy M+S food store.
  • Options
    salad spinner?? where did you hear that?

i can see what you're saying as marks is expensive but they do do some nice bits!!
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    i didn't know about somerfield/safeways.i knew they were running the stocks down but not the reason.i like the m&s food though.am disappointed about goddards.
  • Options
    How about all those trees at the front of the Naval College Massacred!!!
  • Options
    I asked a checkout girl.

Of course they do nice bits & bobs, but is no place to do your regular shopping, especially for the elderly people who rely on it. M+S don't do loose fresh fruit&veg (which will be good for the greengrocers though!), only do their own brands food and don't do non-food stuff at all.
  • Options
    Yes i see your point. im trying to think whats nearest to their and i suppose it would be the co-op in charlton? no good for the elderly locals to walk to.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i can see what you're saying as marks is expensive but they do do some nice bits!!

I read yesterday that M&S get triple the returns of other supermarkets.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]What!? Today?!
    That is bad news.

On a different note, in a couple of weeks the Somerfield at the Standard is becoming a poncy M+S food store.

Is it? Best news I've heard all day, that Somerfield's terrible, although better than the Co-Op in Charlton (which isn't hard).
  • Options
    We're talking Pie and Mash, that's bad news!
  • Options
    i know im feeling guiltily pleased.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pie and Mash is bad news!

(Although I agree with you, since it'll probably become another poxy Starbucks or whatever)
  • Options
    Sorry to have inadvertently hijacked your thread.

It is a big shame about Goddards - will no doubt become another noodle or burger bar.
  • Options
    Incidentally, supermarket fans, you do know about the Tesco coming to Trafalgar Road, Greenwich, don't you?
  • Options
    A thread about supermarkets. Oh dear!!!
  • Options
    big one?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]A thread about supermarkets. Oh dear!!!

pipe down, its not like we're talking trains. :-)
  • Options
    A Tesco Express, opposite the William IV on Trafalgar Road - that's why the legendary Driscolls and Modella hairdressers have shut down.
  • Options
    Did you know that the Co-op in New Eltham has had a refit. It's still staffed by brain dead zombies, but it's had a refit.
  • Options
    isnt that weird cos so has the co-op in Charlton! and ditto for the staff.

what a coincidence!
  • Options
    I finally gave up on the "ethical" Co-Op after I saw it'd installed a cash machine which charged £1.50 a withdrawal - it's the only cash machine for a good mile each way, save for the one at The Valley. It's a terrible shop, and the staff look like they've been sentenced to work there as part of their community service.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    pie and mash is one of gods greatest gifts, but for true pie n mash (and a calypo orange drink with a straw), you have to go to Kelly's in Bethnal Green. FACT

As for Co Op / Somerfield blah blah, all true Charlton fans shop in Morrisons in Sidcup.,
  • Options
    NNNNOOOOO Goddards is superb. Not only pie and mash but a huge Steak n kidney too, packed with meat.

When's it closing ? must visit one las time.

Morrisons, Erith for this true Charltion fan . Sat Morn is fun !!
  • Options
    still looked open at 5:45 this evening
  • Options
    Goddards is definately closing.

If you have a co-op bank account their cash machine at the Village does not charge you.

I have taken to using co-op in village as I hate Scummyfield!

I'll probably use M and S more than I use Somerfield at the moment.

Has the TESCO express been approved? I know they are knocking down a big section of Woolwich to put UK biggest TESCO in; TESCO are also building a new Civic centre.... how did they get planning permission.
  • Options
    Woolwich was the location of the first ever McDonalds in the UK. FACT.

(Just thought i'd share that with you)
  • Options
    i would say the majority of people know that fact Off It.
    FACT
  • Options
    Yeah i knew that B, but only cos i went woolwich poly!
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    That is bad news.

is that the one on the site of the old roxy cinema ?...had many a great time there growing up...not least of which was the saturday morning pictures...'we are the boys and girls who line up....'

and talking of old cimenas, there was the odeon in woolwich where charlton got the old padded leather seats from and shoved them in the jubilee club...bleeding lovely to sit on they were, well worth the extra bit of money for the season tickets...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]
    That is bad news.

is that the one on the site of the old roxy cinema ?...had many a great time there growing up...not least of which was the saturday morning pictures...'we are the boys and girls who line up....'

Yup. I only remember it as a derelict wreck, mind! The Odeon in Woolwich is now the HQ for a bible-bashing outfit which prefers fat cheques at collection time rather than spare change.