Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A sad day in SE10

Comments

• Options
    Blimey, I was drunk on 10th Novemeber!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]FFS, you lot, it's only a Marks and Spencer. : - )

"Your future dream is a shopping scheme"

PS when is Bromley Wagamama opening. Lunched at the one in Victoria yesterday and it was fine. Got a 50% discount when I mentioned Suzi's name as well.

LOL i doubt you did!!

sadly bromley will be delayed, but it is an active site. i've managed to get greenwich on a list now, they weren't having blackheath.

lakeside is coming soon tho for all you shoppers!!

anyone live/work near/in cambridge? thats opening soon, if you want a free meal, let me know!
  • Options
    Where in Greenwich, the town centre or the O2?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Where in Greenwich, the town centre or the O2?

Would fit in well with O2 "destination eating" concept.

Any clue where in Bromley, Suzi?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    anyone live/work near/in cambridge? thats opening soon, if you want a free meal, let me know!
    I've friends nearby ie. not for me so please don't go to any effort - but if on the other hand they're there for the taking then I wouldn't say no.
  • Options
    How about Wagamama's at the Standard ?!
  • Options
    edited March 2007

not the o2, probably in the centre. no available sites yet tho

bromley possibly the post office.....even tho its still trading, not in the glades as they shut at 6.

although they're developing the bottom end of the highstreet by bromley south, we would look at locations down there.

they wouldn't do the standard, or blackheath central as they require the day trade, and the day trade in blackheath isn't that high. we require 3/4full restaurants from 12 till 11 to make it financially viable as our restaurants are expensive to open cos of the specs of benches/kitchen equip etc!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

not the o2, probably in the centre. no available sites yet tho

bromley possibly the post office.....even tho its still trading, not in the glades as they shut at 6.

although they're developing the bottom end of the highstreet by bromley south, we would look at locations down there.

Hope they are going to build a new post office then as they've closed all the small local one's

They have been talking about developing the south end of the town for a while but little seems to have happened. The Mall has been given a facelift but it is still very downmarket, Argos, KFC, etc

There's a Salsa bar in the High St, near the popular pubs and cinema that is always empty but has a lot of space.
  • Options
    they've started, by cutting a complete chunk of the high street out to put a 3storey ratail unit in there with extra entrance to glades, they've done bits and bobs to the bottom of the high street, it looked much nicer on wednesday when I was at the theatre with my mum watching some musical about the menopause. surreal.

walked down to the car parked down by habitat, and the shops were nicer, not so many pound shops as there used to be

best restaurant in bromley is still definately the mussel restaurant.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]they've started, by cutting a complete chunk of the high street out to put a 3storey ratail unit in there with extra entrance to glades, they've done bits and bobs to the bottom of the high street, it looked much nicer on wednesday when I was at the theatre with my mum watching some musical about the menopause. surreal.

walked down to the car parked down by habitat, and the shops were nicer, not so many pound shops as there used to be

best restaurant in bromley is still definately the mussel restaurant.

Yes, they are doing something to the Glades. I was told by a friend who works in development that John Lewis wanted to come to the Glades but would only do so if they could have the Pavilion Health Centre site.

THe Abbey is a lovely place on a warm day for a Belgium beer. More a bar than a restuarant nowdays. Not really much else to write home about food wise. Noddle time is OK and Mandarian Place is a good Chinese. Caligculettes in an OK european place with wacky deco but most of the decent places are out of town like Chapter One (full of gangsters and taxi drivers) or over in Beckenham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about "Tamasha" Henry - you been there?

(Did you see the "art" in the bogs?)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]What about "Tamasha" Henry - you been there?

Yeah, very good Indian but as I said out of the town centre. yes the art was a bit risque as I remember it. Prefer the cheaper Popadom (in the next st to me) but Tamasha is well worth it for a special occasion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]What about "Tamasha" Henry - you been there?

Yeah, very good Indian but as I said out of the town centre. yes the art was a bit risque as I remember it. Prefer the cheaper Popadom (in the next st to me) but Tamasha is well worth it for a special occasion.

They normally have a bloke on the door who looks like Bernard Breslaw in "Carry On Up The Khyber"!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

They normally have a bloke on the door who looks like Bernard Breslaw in "Carry On Up The Khyber"!

He's always there at the Weekend. Now I'm going to think "bernard breslaw" everytime I go passed. : - 0
  • Options
    I already do Henry - welcome to my world!
  • Options

"Devils in skirts!"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I already do Henry - welcome to my world!

I really don't want to be dragged into your private hell : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I already do Henry - welcome to my world!

I really don't want to be dragged into your private hell : - )

Too late sunshine. Everytime you go past there now you will see Big Bernies boat in your mind and he'll be saying the line, as DJDD points out, "de devils in skirts".
  • Options
    Right, I'm finding another way to get into Bromley. Or just going the other way to Chislehurst instead.
  • Options
    I am just off there 2 do the weekly shop,i cant wait so excited
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    was in there this afternoon,i was a little bit disappointed really.was expecting a better range.
  • Options
    Was it packed
  • Options
    M&S at The Standard is never busy, they must be doing a lot less business that Somerfield/Safeways used to, they are probably quite concerned. I used to go two or three times a week, somtimes lugging half-a-dozen carrier bags full back home, now I go once or twice a month for one or two items.
  • Options
    yes i think its been a bad move for them. where do the locals go now to get their washing powder etc from?
  • Options
    Is the board fooked or did someone actually dig this thread up from 4 months ago?

Besides M&S is nothing more than gloried airplane food for people to lazy to cook who don't want to shop in Iceland. Locked on. FACT etc... ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Someone dug it up from 4 months ago mate.
  • Options
    And i thought i was bored at work... a 4 month resurection on a thread about Supermarkets
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Is the board fooked or did someone actually dig this thread up from 4 months ago?

Besides M&S is nothing more than gloried airplane food for people to lazy to cook who don't want to shop in Iceland. Locked on. FACT etc... ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

spot on man, i hate m and s, its for ponces!! (no offence to anyone who likes it, its just too posh for a FOul maouthed deadbeat like me!! lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]And i thought i was bored at work... a 4 month resurection on a thread about Supermarkets

I prefer Morrisons.
  • Options
    Sainsburys all the way